Customize

Wanted: Source on Blue/Gold Anon Logo

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Durga, May 26, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Just letting you know I've starting working on an SVG version of this from scratch (out of boredom) doing it by hand so far without tracing, incomplete progress so far (5.34 kB): http://imgh.us/anon1.svgz

A pretty good reduction in size from 320 kB to under 6 kB, but there is still the anon silhouette to draw (or most likely trace)
  2. Durga Member

Don't need it, just happened to see it somewhere else and realized I had no idea where the original was from.
  3. exOT8Michael Member

Well, ok.
    I think it is a great logo/badge/avatar. I bet some Anons can use it.
  4. Anonymous Member

I've finished the hand done SVG version, could you also please include this link in your first reply on this thread?
    http://imgh.us/bluegoldanon.svgz (8.7 kB)
  5. Anonymous Member

For anyone wanting an svg of just the anon silhouette, here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/anonsvg

I wonder if embedding svg in a post would work on this forum? *tries*:
    [IMG]
  6. Anonymous Member

ooh, guess not:(
  7. Sepulture Member

Unacceptable layering practice is unacceptable. "100% self-taught", forgot to teach yourself how to structure a PSD my friend.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sepulture Member

"Ellipse", "Line", "Composite Path", "Group 50: Objects"?? How is anyone expected to work with this? If you're going to provide a PSD, at least make sure it's going to be usable by those who will be using it. Nick's first year students probably learn learn this on day 1. As you said, you certainly will never surpass a first year student, at this rate, you haven't even surpassed a first DAY student. You said somewhere you've been doing this for HOW many years? Sign up for some adult education classes at the local technical center.
  9. Sepulture Member

Fuck you Nick. Show us what you can do fucker. Thought so.
  10. Anonymous Member

Since that image was a trick redirect from tinyurl to a data: URI of an SVG it depends on the browser's ability, that shows up in Firefox 4 and Opera 11, but not in Chrome. Let's just try a direct embed of the completed SVG:
    [IMG]
  11. exOT8Michael Member

What is this SVG format? Never heard of it (yet).
    It does not like my Mac OSX, apparently. lol
  12. Anonymous Member

Great Job!
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

Ahh, I was using Camino, which I guess would be the problem.
  15. Anonymous Member

Sorry to here about Camino being discontinued, the last version was only compatible with Firefox 3.6 iirc.
  16. Scatman Member

That would be tough to find because it was designed by a Marcabian marketing executive who is busy now on another project: Making up names for new psych drugs.
  17. Damn good work guys, I AM IMPRESSED.
  18. I saw the picture on another website, it was very small though, I guess 200 x 200 so I decided to look for the bigger version but had no luck.
    I tried to replicate it and Honestly I failed, I mean I failed to make it Exactly alike so I decided to make some changes.
    Here is the Image
    [IMG]

And Here is the PSD, is not really very editable but, you edit the text and did not rasterized the lines and text so you can copy/edit the gold effects too. Im sure you'll find a way
    http://minus.com/mLEZhxZq/2f

Any Questions?
    Mod edit: email address redacted
  19. Anonymous Member

awesome!
    your version does look nicer than most of the other attempts.
    but please don't post your email address.
  20. Mist Member

Thank you, really, I will try to improve it in the future if I get more feedback
    Is not a vector so it can't bigger than it is but is quite big so I guess no need.
    For those needing a vector so bad, you can
    ctrl + click the image layer to make selection
    then go to the path tab and click the little round icon at the botttom (Make work path from selection)
    and repeat for any shape, I am not sure how well this would work on the suit but I think it's worth trying
    And sorry about the e-mail.
    (Yes I made an account ^^)
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

The idea of the original image was that the "shirt" didn't exist, and you just see the background (minus globe lines) where the shirt would be, instead of some weird attempt to color it in.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Also the original, and the SVG version above, have a more consistent "raised 3D" look on the gold throughout, as if it's a real badge you sew on, and can run your finger over it to feel the image :)
  23. moarxenu Member

<3<3<3 Blue and Gold Headless Guy. Very classy.
  24. Dott Member

Very classy image you made. Very Well Done :) Ignore the trolls in this thread.
    • Like Like x 1