Customize

Wake up Tallahassee

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by EverydayPeople, Mar 23, 2013.

1. So I got my Guy Fawkes mask simply to take a picture of me for Facebook to show my solidarity with the idea of anonymous. I got a question about it to which I replied, "I don't know, maybe I will wear it to go shout at the capitol here in Tallahassee". I was told I shouldn't do that.
    I don't think I should either. Why? Cause I do not believe it would be safe to stand there alone. But I would like to stand on that busy intersection in front of the state capitol and hold a sign that say's Wake Up! as an anonymous voice. That's all, pretty simple.
    Is there anybody who want's to stand out there with me? If you have bigger visions than me and/or an agenda to shout about that's cool. Like I said, I'm pretty simple. Let's wake some people up.
  2. Anonymous Member

There are cities with bylaws/laws forbidding a wearing of masks of any kind.

Best practice is to check with your local PD about bylaws in the area(s) you plan to wear your new mask. Be careful. Be legal. Be peaceful.
  3. Thanks for the advice! I had thought of that. Hadn't checked yet. Was kind of hoping this post would find somebody in the know here local. I won't go alone. Security is everywhere around the downtown area there.

Oh, well never mind......

Florida Statutes > Title XLVI > Chapter 876 > § 876.12 - Wearing mask, hood, or other device on public way

Current as of: 2011
    Check for updates
    2010 version
    No person or persons over 16 years of age shall, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, enter upon, or be or appear upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, highway, or other public way in this state.
  4. Well blah... that blows. Make me want to wear a mask to protest that law!

If I lived on a busy road I would immediately go sit in my yard as close to the road as I could and protest that stupid law.
  5. I wonder what would happen if a group of 15 and under gathered anonymously with sign's saying "Give us back our future!" or whatever is clever?
    No laws would be broke right?
  6. moarxenu Member

OP, check out the Clearwater anons raid and post-game report threads.

They have been raiding for five years. In fact they were the first cell ever to raid the evil cult doing so in late January 2008 nearly two weeks before the first epic and historic global raid on Lisa McPherson's birthday on February 10, 2008.

For background check out this wonderful vid - The Road To February 10th

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Keep in mind that a dust mask is perfectly reasonable during flu season.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Soooo.... What if I wore the mask on the back of my head? Anyone in the Tallahassee Florida area down with that?
  9. Not a big deal, but to give credit where credit is due Orlando was the Florida town with the first Chanology protest in January '08 not Clearwater.

Additionally...
    10qii3a.jpg
  10. moarxenu Member

Thanks for the information. Orlando FTW!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Quentinanon Member

Everyday People, Masks are legal in Florida under certain circumstances:

http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/florida/statutes/florida_statutes_876-155
    The provisions of ss. 876.12-876.15 apply only if the person was wearing the mask, hood, or other device:
    (1) With the intent to deprive any person or class of persons of the equal protection of the laws or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws or for the purpose of preventing the constituted authorities of this state or any subdivision thereof from, or hindering them in, giving or securing to all persons within this state the equal protection of the laws;
    (2) With the intent, by force or threat of force, to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any person because of the person’s exercise of any right secured by federal, state, or local law or to intimidate such person or any other person or any class of persons from exercising any right secured by federal, state, or local law;
    (3) With the intent to intimidate, threaten, abuse, or harass any other person; or
    (4) While she or he was engaged in conduct that could reasonably lead to the institution of a civil or criminal proceeding against her or him, with the intent of avoiding identification in such a proceeding.
    s. 1, ch. 81-249; s. 1416, ch. 97-102.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. tinfoilhatter Member

What about face paint? I always wanted to paint my face like guy fawks under my guy fawks mask so that way if it falls off, i still am "anonymous",(but really its more for the shock value). Does this protect the identity, or does it make you look stupid? I never had the balls to try it out myself. Any one have any ideas?