Customize

Village Voice: The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Deadpoolz Member

The Isis-AmunRa-Elohim Anon is spouting Zeitgeist 1 moonbattery.
    No mystery to be had here. Just the ravings of a christ-myth moonbat citing author 'Acharya S', on whose highly fictionalised comparative theology books the film almost exclusively relies on.
  2. Anonymous Member

I like this term. "The Stupid School". "Mom, do we have to go to Stupid School", etc.
  3. Anonymous Member

Is that what it's like?
  4. Anonymous Member

Boz - I love you lots, but you got this all wrong. It is policy, written by Hubbard, that his words cannot be altered. That's not a DM policy.

More to the point, there is no room to doubt Hubbard in Scientology (see KSW) and no mechanism for it to change from within. As TO noted, somehow, with all of the writing LRH produced, he never addressed that topic. Why not?
  5. Deadpoolz Member

Short-sighted, sociopathic selfish bastard? When he died, he had zero interest in his flailing minions' progress? Maybe in creating his religion he was performing one of the most heinous acts of trolling the world has known, and went lulzing to the grave?

Any or all of the above.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

Can we get a namecheck on that suicide, Bozuri? Any more details?
  7. eddieVroom Member

The thing that stands out to me regarding Marty's rebuttal is the one thing in Ortega's article that he does not mention -- that LRH left no policy for succession of leadership, making it a near certanity that there will be a bloodbath when Miscavige drops the body.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. vaLLarrr Member

It'll be like his violent yet childlike musical chairs all over again, only this time it'll be 20,000 clams or however many are still "in" trying to squeeze into his minature chair and minature collection of vehicles...

6a0111685b0529970c01157104bcc1970c-800wi.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Someone answers that in comments. Basically just pointing to the "savescientology" site as if this represented an intent by Hubbard to set up an honest, enduring entity as opposed to a method to hide his control.

I'd be curious to hear what Marty's take on Larry's affidavit is. I suspect he's about as charitable towards it as he is to various material Armstrong released.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Deadpoolz Member

Holy shit... can you imagine the lulzfest if Tom Cruise ever took the sci-throne?

The tears of failjoy could be delicious.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Tom Cruise is a Sea Organization member?
  12. Deadpoolz Member

Oh, is that a pre-requisite to succession? He does do a hell of a lot of saluting though..
  13. Anonymous Member

Factually, Chairman of the Board RTC is the top SO dog.
  14. Deadpoolz Member

Ah I see, thank you.
  15. He is allegedly an honorary Sea Org member.

But yes, it appears that whoever controls the Sea Org effectively runs Scientology, whatever title they want to give themselves.
  16. Anonymous Member

^Like
  17. DeathHamster Member

He's at least an honorary member. Remember that salute pic with Davie?
  18. Pretty sure one ex (BFG maybe? He did auditing with TC) said that Tom *wanted* to join the Sea Org, but DM said he could disseminate better as a public

And it wasn't at all because Tom in the SO would either have required him to get deluxe treatment (increasing SO resentment), or forced DM to improve things for everybody (too expensive!)
  19. Anonymous Member

Cruise is more valuable giving away millions at a time. Miscavige would not want to kill the golden goose by turning him into a slave.
  20. Anonymous Member

Funny... the one guy to whom the cult says, "Naah, you don't want to be in the Sea Org... ". Naturally, it raises no suspicions with him.
  21. Squirrel King Member

Unless by slave you mean "recreational sexual slave oiled up to receive the Rectal Penis Force", then yes, I could see ol' Davey Boy doing that.
  22. Anonymous Member

So what? The Tora was supposedly written by God and is not supposed to be changed, and yet Jews are not shy about messing with it. [Nobody is claiming that the bible was written by God, so I'm not using it as an example]. LRH could have written any shit he wanted to. But after his death he is no longer in control of anything, but rather the people who chose to follow his teachings. By the way- most of the upper levels were written and re-written by others than the LRH. So how come they can re-write the upper levels but not LRH's other policies? My point is that DM is picking and choosing what to apply and what not. To me that makes him more responsible for the failures of the church.
  23. Anonymous Member

From the Clearing Course to old OT 7, it was all in Hubbard's handwriting. Clearing Course through OT 3 still is.
  24. Anonymous Member

And no one is messing with the Xenu space plane Class VIII course.
  25. xenubarb Member

I bet DM's a bottom.
  26. Anonymous Member

I must have gotten wrong info then. I thought that the upper courses were changed. I always hear how the original materials were amended, so I figured somebody messed with them.
  27. Nope. He's a middle.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

That would make sense because TC's a top.
  29. Sponge Member

Dox:

3e248f4aab1df43ecca0e166686014ad.gif
    • Like Like x 8
  30. Anonymous Member

LRH top
    DM middle
    TC bottom
    KH waiting to be bottom
    Xenu ?
  31. Deadpoolz Member

KH ordering another vibrator since the last one got worn out from Cruise's curious 'celibacy'.
    Xenu is just photobombing for omniscience sake.
  32. Random guy Member

Only it can. Hubbard is long dead, and outside the brainwashing cult there is really nothing enforcing strict adherence to the most stupid, abusive and useless aspects of his mindfuck. More relevant, a large part of what makes the cult so destructive is the policies covering the CoS as an organization. Without a proper "org", much of Hubbbard's vile baggage is simply irrelevant.

Perhaps more importantly, the physical org has been a major factor in giving people their "winns". Without the structure of CoS, the group pressure and love bombing necessary to maintain the feeling of "winn", I think the appeal of auditing will quickly wear off.
  33. Speaking of Katie Holmes...

Batman-Saves-Girl-Katie-Holmes-1-1152x864.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  34. JohnnyRUClear Member

Well, he's certainly an ass.
    • Like Like x 5
  35. Anonymous Member

36. Malory Member

There's someone I feel doesn't get enough recognition for the sterling work he has done and that's William Thackery because I really do admire the time and effort he spends sifting through things and filing freedom of information requests. From time to time we get people asking about what they can do since they don't have a Scientologist presence in their area but WT's a fantastic example of what can be achieved sitting at home.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Anonymous Member

Thank you. You're too kind. ;)

- WT.
  38. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  39. Alot, I'd assume.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. AnonLover Member

Who knew, Tony had buried an easter egg as he called it in the Top 25. And stuck a puzzle in it everybody failed to spot until he pointed it out.

Our Scientology Puzzle Solved!
    • Like Like x 1