Customize

Village Voice: The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Exactly. And while some are trivial -- so what if he wasn't the youngest ever eagle scout -- some undercut everything he writes. Just start with Dianetics and realize that every time he says "scientifically proven" or an equivalent, he is lying. And that's the foundation of his "new science".

From there you get to the notion that Scientology always works you realize that you have to take Ron's word for it and his hand-waving explanation for the fact that there are so many counter-examples.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DeathHamster Member

Personally harassed or harassed by operations that he was directing.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

So Marty is saying that people should still glorify a man that locked children in chain lockers, ordered thowing people off the ship with legs bound and blindfolded, (ask Hanna Marty) created all the abusive policies, created the RPF, the Commodore's Messengers,(wtf was that all about Marty?) that Hubbard abused his wife (s), denied having one of the wives, treated his own son and family like dogs and tricked a small population of people into this Scientology crap that mentally, and physcially harmed them as well as drain them financially? Just to name a few.
    Does he deny that Hubbard wrote the policy on "baby watching" and the introspection rundown which ultimtatley killed Lisa McPherson?

And Marty, do you still deny that Hubbard was raciest? (hey Marty your wife is black,what does she think about Hubbard's views on blacks?)

Marty Marty, tisk tisk..... you dare talk about Tony O being a "cherry picker", when you are the king "farmer" here.

[IMG]
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Deadpoolz Member

I lol'd. Hone harder, mate. Your instrument is evidently blunt.

Okay, assuming he's right that it was a financier's policy and not 'church doctrine' per sé, then he does have a point here. Even if the 'policy' reads like a colour-blind retard spazzing at an abacus.

Remember that gameshow gala farce where you were all ordered to essentially burn your books because of, hang on to your seat, three thousand eight hundred and twenty five deviant semicolons? Hmm...

So the fucked-up fat fraud 'lectured' you about how to to avoid being controlled through lies, but I didn't hear you refuting or even addressing the documentation of Hubbard saying that you can, and in cases of PTS/SP should, control people with lies. Perhaps it's more of that flexible moral exclusivity whereby you may do to your enemies things which you consider reprehensible in another page. Magical double-think at its finest.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. grebe Member

Yeah the chain locker and overboard thing, that should have been a clue.

Wanting the abusive demi-God to smile in your direction is profoundly motivating. That need initiates the warped reality that ultimately traps many people within some cult.

How to get those still trapped in the chain locker that don't even recognize their bondage, ah that's the trick.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Miranda Member

That is true.
  8. Anonymous Member

Given that Marty Rathbun admitted hiring Gene Ingram, it's a safe bet to say Marty himself was very much onto the BFM case.
  9. Squirrel King Member

Apparently I got the "Indee-pen-dents" all confused when I asked what was so special about L. Ron to justify his crimes...

They seemed not to know. Well, maybe his ass produced rainbows and skittles?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

It reads as funny self-deprecating humor...
  11. Strixcoil Moderator

I was about to post a TL;DR quote+response from my side...

But the truth is...
    Go to fish Marty. And use yourself as bait.
  12. AnonLover Member

Ha!!! Drunk posting, FTW!!!!! :)

(and we <3 <3 <3 you too Tikk!)

From Tony, on his latest Thursday 2pm Stats article (now covered in a new thread)
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

oh hai, KKS
  14. Anonymous Member

have you ever lied?
  15. Anonymous Member

That depends. Are you good-looking?
  16. Anonymous Member

Your 'no answer' is noted.

Also:

lambs4.jpg
  17. xenubarb Member

DM recommends Macallans. A bottle a night should do it.
  18. Anonymous Member

Sorry, not my type.
  19. Anonymous Member

Per the reference, doesn't matter if it's your type or not.

So, have you ever lied?
  20. Anonymous Member

Normally I think very little of Marty's writing or his intellectual abilities, but he is actually spot on when it comes to this statement:
    L Ron Hubbard died twenty-five years ago. He wrote what he wrote. He has no further say in what people do with what he wrote.
    Any religion [and admittedly I'm most intimately familiar with Judaism] has undergone numerous changes. For example, Jews no longer allow bigamy, even though Abraham had several wives, and so did Jacob [who had four]. Centuries later religious scholars came together and decided that they reject the concept of bigamy, despite of the fact that it was allowed in the Torah, which was supposedly written by God himself. The same logic can be applied to LRH and Scientology - LRH wrote what he wrote. But it's up to the current leadership of Scientology not to take each of LRH's words literally. Hence, my number one vote went to DM.
  21. That's all very well and good, IF the majority of Scientologists don't take LRH's word as infallible law, but I suspect most do.
  22. Anonymous Member

2360255277_1.jpg
  23. As you probably know, "Israel" literally means "people who wrestle with God". Scientologists seem to have difficulty politely disagreeing with Hubbard.

Various offshoots -- including Marty's -- claim to be more "on source" than everyone else (i.e. more accurately duplicating Hubbard's technology).

They may get there at some point -- and some in the FreeZone seem to have done so already -- but on the whole they don't seem ready to wrestle with Hubbard just yet.
  24. Anonymous Member

Yes, they do because it's the policy of the DM. But my point is - it's not the fault of the dead LHR. Sure, he was a crazy paranoid crook, but what's being done with his books nowadays is no longer his fault, hence he is not the one crippling Scientology, but rather the people that insist on applying LRH's crap literally.
  25. Anonymous Member

I understand what you're saying. I see it a bit differently. If that crap (tech, policies, etc) wasn't there to begin with, no one would've endured what they did or would continue to apply it - literally or "squirreled".
  26. Anonymous Member

I think Israel referred to Jacob only who fought an angel [though some said it was God himself that he fought, since the word El stands for God], not to people themselves.
    In any case, it should be a fairly easy thing to do - write new rules. Amend the old ones. Issue new study books. DM is an idiot if he insists on following LRH literally.
  27. Anonymous Member

I see your point too. But our discussion is going in the direction of the chicken and the egg - had there been no LRH, there would have been no Scientology to cripple. And since LRH wrote those gazilion of books and established the movement, he in fact did not cripple it, but rather created it.
  28. Anonymous Member

Israel = Is/is Ra El/ohim
  29. Anonymous Member

So if you strip away the paranoid crookiness, what is left? Not much, at least nothing better than anything currently available in the self-help section of your neighborhood bookstore.
  30. Anonymous Member

I'm still not getting it. Is and Ra don't mean much to me. I think Isra is one word, probably comes from the srara, i.e. authority, or sarar, i.e. rebelled.
  31. Anonymous Member

Is(is)
    (Amen) Ra
    El(ohim)
  32. Anonymous Member

Who would? The thought of Blubbard oiled up and in shorts makes me gag!
  33. Anonymous Member

More importantly - are you Israeli? And if so send me a PM, we need to do something about those Scientology fuckers in the Holly land.
  34. Anonymous Member

Although I do frequently gesture at and point to 'God', I am not Israeli or in Israel.

What are 'those Scientology fuckers' doing there just now?
  35. Is this rhetorical?
  36. Smurf Member

No. Marty is saying that LRH, despite his personal faults (liar, psychopath, con man, criminal, abuser), LRH provided a system of beliefs that have helped alot of people and and continues to do so to those that follow it.

It's like putting aside all the crimes of Adolf Hitler, but honoring & applauding the Führer for the good things he did for Germany when he was chancellor.
    • Like Like x 3
  37. Anonymous Member

...like the aqueducts.

(Those under 30-35 will not get this, if that)
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Anonymous Member

They just opened their stupid school for kids in Yehud. Well, technically they moved the school from Holon. Other than that I know that they always meet their quota of money and sometimes even go over. Hence, they are doing really well in Tel Aviv, which is unfortunate, as they are nothing but a racket. Israel has already had somebody committ a suicide with the wonderful help of CCHR Israel people who took him off the meds.
    On the bright side of things though - their Ideal Org in Jaffa is not going to open, probably ever. It's in forclosure now.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

...Ok, let me see if I get it.
    Isis, Amen/Amon Ra and... Elohim?
    According to Wikipedia 'Elohim' means God or Gods...

Are you trying to say something, Anon?