Customize

Video text

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by WMAnon, Mar 29, 2008.

1. WMAnon Member

Video text

Fair Game

Since this is my first video, I suppose I should explain why I'm wearing this mask and ridiculous wig. I have committed high crimes against the Church of Scientology, and therefore I am what they sould call a "suppressive person" or SP. If you've already seen the Tom Cruise Scientology video you may recognize the term; he spends some time talking about how someday there will be no more SPs. So, what are my crimes? Speaking negatively about Scientology, writing an anti-Scientology letter or giving information considered harmful to Scientology or a Scientologist to the press, talking to or associating with an SP and defending someone declared SP. I'm almost embarrassed at how short this list is, although since I've never been a Scientologist I can't be guilty or publicly leaving Scientology, telling anyone I'm leaving Scientology, asking for refunds of prepaid fees for undelivered services, or not handling/disconnecting from someone declared SP. I'll talk more in my next video about what "disconnection" means.

Because I am an SP, I would be subject to the Church of Scientology's "Fair Game" policy. According to this policy, an SP "may be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed." That quote comes from the Hubbard Communications Office Policy letter of October 18th, 1967. Now, many Scientologists and sympathizers will claim that the Fair Game policy has been revoked since then, and in a very superficial sense that's true. The HCO policy letter of October 21, 1968 reads, in full: "the practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease. FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics order. It causes bad public relations. This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of an SP." DId you catch all that? They cancelled the use of the term "fair game" because it causes bad PR (not because it's inhumane), but the policy letter specifically says it does not cancel the policy on the treatment of SPs. They got rid of the name but not the policy.

So, how bad can Fair Game really be? I'm going to bring up a classic example here, Operation Freakout. In 1971, Paulette Cooper wrote "The Scandal of Scientology," an intensely critical book on the Church and it's practices. That was more than enough to get her declared "SP," and she was considered such a threat that the Church of Scientology's Guardian's Office created a special plan for dealing with her. The goal of Operation Freak out was "to get Paulette Cooper incarcerated in a mental institution of jail, or at least hit her so hard that she drops her attacks." They very nearly accomplished these goals, spending years harrassing her, lying about her, and eventually framing her for bomb threats against the Church. She was driven into depression, and the only thing that saved her was the FBI raids on the Scientology offices in LA and DC, which turned up the documents on Operation Freakout. Paulette Cooper eventually settled with the Church of Scientology for damages.

What I find especially interesting is that the Scientology Creed states "that all men have inalienable rights to their sanity" and yet the specific wording of Operation Freakout makes it clear that the Church was attempting to rob Paulette Cooper of her sanity. The Creed states that "all men have inalienable rights to their own lives," and yet they were specifically attempting to prevent Paulette Cooper from living her own life. There's only one thing worse than a violent, hyper-litigious, paranoid, greedy cult, and that's a hypocritical one.

Some people will claim that all this is in Scientology's past, but we have examples of people around the world being fair gamed right now. Here in Boston, one member of the anti-Scientology movement has recieved a court summons. The Church of Scientology is falsely accusing him of criminal harrassment and criminal tresspassing. While we are confident that the courts will see through this ruse and justice will be served, this is just another example of how the Church of Scientology uses the legal system to bully its enemies into submission. I support my /b/rother in arms, but I do not have the time, energy, money or patience to deal with this nonsense. That's why I wear a mask.

Before I shut this off, I'd just like to take a moment to point out the links over on the right of your screen. I encourage everyone watching this to do some research on your own if you have the time. I'll be making more videos, each dealing with a separate problem with the Church of Scientology. Next up is DIsconnection, but if there's something you want to see, let me know in the comments. And, of course, favorite this, subscribe, rate it high, you know the drill.

http://www.xenu.net/fairgame-e.html - Documentation of the Fair Game policy and its "cancellation"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Freakout - Basic overview of Operation Freakout
    http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/cooper/scandal_behind_scandal.html - Paulette Cooper's essay on her Fair Game experience
    http://whatisscientology.org/html/Part14/Chp40/pg0729.html - The Creeds and Codes of Scientology, official CoS site
  2. clu- Member

Re: Video text

Proofread and edited.

Fair Game

Since this is my first video, I suppose I should explain why I'm wearing this mask and ridiculous wig. I have committed high crimes against the Church of Scientology, and therefore I am what they would call a "suppressive person," or SP. If you've already seen the Tom Cruise Scientology video you may recognize the term; he spends some time talking about how someday there will be no more SPs. So, what are my crimes? Speaking negatively about Scientology, writing an anti-Scientology letter or giving information considered harmful to Scientology or a Scientologist to the press, talking to or associating with an SP and defending someone declared an SP. I'm almost embarrassed at how short this list is, because since I've never been a Scientologist I can't be guilty or publicly leaving Scientology, telling anyone I'm leaving Scientology, asking for refunds of prepaid fees for undelivered services, or not handling/disconnecting from someone declared SP. I'll talk more in my next video about what "disconnection" means.

Because I am an SP, I would be subject to the Church of Scientology's "Fair Game" policy. According to this policy, an SP "may be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed." That quote comes from the Hubbard Communications Office Policy letter of October 18th, 1967. Now, many Scientologists and sympathizers will claim that the Fair Game policy has been revoked since then, and in a very superficial sense that is true. The HCO policy letter of October 21, 1968 reads, in full: "the practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease. FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics order. It causes bad public relations. This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling of an SP." DId you catch all that? They cancelled the use of the term "fair game" because it causes bad PR (not because it's inhumane), but the policy letter specifically says it does not cancel the policy on the treatment of SPs. They got rid of the name but not the policy.

So, how bad can Fair Game really be? I'm going to bring up a classic example here, Operation Freakout. In 1971, Paulette Cooper wrote "The Scandal of Scientology," an intensely critical book on the Church and its practices. That was more than enough to get her declared an "SP," and she was considered such a threat that the Church of Scientology's Guardian's Office created a special plan for dealing with her. The goal of Operation Freakout, or Operation PC Freakout was "to get Paulette Cooper incarcerated in a mental institution or jail, or at least hit her so hard that she drops her attacks." They very nearly accomplished these goals, spending years harrassing her, lying about her, and eventually framing her for bomb threats against the Church. She was driven into depression, and the only thing that saved her was the FBI raids on the Scientology offices in LA and DC, which turned up the documents on Operation Freakout. Paulette Cooper eventually settled with the Church of Scientology for damages.

What I find especially interesting is that the Scientology Creed states "that all men have inalienable rights to their sanity" and yet the specific wording of Operation Freakout makes it clear that the Church was attempting to rob Paulette Cooper of her sanity. The Creed states that "all men have inalienable rights to their own lives," and yet they were specifically attempting to prevent Paulette Cooper from living her own life. There's only one thing worse than a violent, hyper-litigious, paranoid, greedy cult, and that's a hypocritical one.

Some people will claim that all this is in Scientology's past, but we have examples of people around the world being fair gamed right now. Here in Boston, one member of the anti-Scientology movement has recieved a court summons. The Church of Scientology is falsely accusing him of criminal harrassment and criminal tresspassing. While we are confident that the courts will see through this ruse and justice will be served, this is just another example of how the Church of Scientology uses the legal system to bully its enemies into submission. I support my /b/rother in arms, but I do not have the time, energy, money or patience to deal with this nonsense. That's why I wear this mask.

Before I shut this off, I'd just like to take a moment to point out the links over on the right of your screen. I encourage everyone watching this to do some research on your own if you have the time. I'll be making more videos, each dealing with a separate problem with the Church of Scientology. Next up is DIsconnection, but if there's something you want to see, let me know in the comments. And, of course, favorite this, subscribe, rate it high, you know the drill.

http://www.xenu.net/fairgame-e.html - Documentation of the Fair Game policy and its "cancellation"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Freakout - Basic overview of Operation Freakout
    http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library...d_scandal.html - Paulette Cooper's essay on her Fair Game experience
    http://whatisscientology.org/html/Pa...40/pg0729.html - The Creeds and Codes of Scientology, official CoS site