Customize

Very Curious..Anybody know what Marty and Mike got paid?

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by magster, Sep 9, 2010.

1. magster Member

Very Curious..Anybody know what Marty and Mike got paid?

I'm curious...

Does anyone have any idea what Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun would have been paid while in the cult?

And don't tell me they got 50 bucks a week.:cool:
  2. thefatman Member

Re: Very Curious..Anybody know what Marty and Mike got paid?

I'd assume they didn't get enough to keep them in with their gobs shut, but enough to make them want more so that DM would want them out.
  3. exOT8Michael Member

Larry Brennan or Marc Headley might know. Also ask Mike and Marty?
  4. Sponge Member

IIRC other higher ups such as Larry Brennan and Jeff Hawkins weren't monetarily rewarded for their positions on any consistent basis and there's little reason to think that M&M were either. IDK, maybe there were some occassional bonus incentives but they don't exacty look like they were able to save anything and clearly didn't come out of it all rolling in it. I think the fringe benefits (before it all started hitting the fan) were things like not having to live in a decrepid hut with no air-con, not having to scrub floors or dig the crusty shit ponds in 100F heat. Ask them.
  5. magster Member

What do you think Mike and Marty's response would be to my asking what they got paid?

I remember 'whatchamacallit spokesman/woman Davis' saying that Mike and Marty were jealous because they were out of the big boys club.
  6. exOT8Michael Member

They actually might give a right answer.
    Ya never know...
    If their pay was low they can use that against DM.
    I doubt very much they had any kind of high pay, knowing the Sea org.
    The people who make the most money in Scientology are
    DM
    Lawyers
    Registrars who get commissions
    FSMs.
    End of list, I think...
  7. magster Member

With that, who is supporting Tommy Boy? Is his mother still supporting him? That would be quite shameful if true.
  8. magster Member

I am surprised that nobody has actually asked this before, tis why I started this thread.
  9. Sponge Member

10. sheeple Member

11. Caliwog Member

I believe they did get 50 bucks a week, plus room and board. Don't know who paid for Mike's suits. There's a reason that Mike now sells cars and Marty now lives in a "shack" in Texas (not in Cali or Fla where he can be closer to DM).

Tommy Davis has money from his family (Dad was a real estate investor and Mom is a successful actress), which explains the nice suits and the BMW. He's probably earning $50 a week too.

** WARNING SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION BELOW ***

LRH bragged about low staff pay, something I wrote about on my blog:

Scientology slave wages: Is DM really to blame?

ML,
    Caliwog
    Caliwog's Blog
  12. dwest Member

Yeap, he's a trust fund baby. I've heard he's worth millions but no dox so I'll STFU now.
  13. DeathHamster Member

They probably got pretty good "room and board" while in. I doubt they flew economy, slept in the cheapest hotels, ate takeout food or drove cars from Rent-a-Wreck when traveling on CoS business. The suits and stuff they wore as PR people didn't come out of that $50/wk.

In 1992, CoS claimed that Davie was getting paid less than $50k/yr, but since all CoS money and property is at his personal disposal, that was a lie. (Durrrr.)
  14. Re: Very Curious..Anybody know what Marty and Mike got paid?

the most you can make in the sea org is about 72dollars. DM is the exception. HE OWNS A F_ING DUCATTI FOR PETE'S SAKE ! the suits ( not talking about tommy davis here) are for public appearances only. the rest of the time even high ranking sea org execs wear their uniforms. Married couples, even the execs, live in crappy 1 bedroom "apartments". i've never been to Hemett so I don't know about what goes on while on DM's turf... Execs might get some exceptional perks, like flying in private jets or whatever. When you are in the SO, you are nothing. One day you can be up stat working at the head or whatever division and the next you are stuck in an office, shredding tons of paper. M&M's were probably paid around 60 bucks a week, I guess...
  15. Anonymous Member

Mike Rinder earned an average of $4500 year with all the perks that went with his role as Int Dir of OSA.
  16. Anonymous Member

Mike? Dat you?
  17. Anonymous Member

Funny how the private investigators get paid more in a week than their victims did in a year...

Scientology works and it helps people (who run private investigation companies).

That's why they drive around in Bentleys whilst the culties can't afford fuel for their beat up Honda Civics...
  18. AnonyVix Member

Pretty sure they were paid just as badly as the rest except while they were upstat they got better treatment and living conditions; also sure that while they were down stat the gloves were definitely and literally off.
  19. OTBT Member