Customize

Use of Science Fiction-ologist term

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, May 23, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

Use of Science Fiction-ologist term

I'm sure someone has thought of this before, but it occured to me that science fiction-ologists is a more accurate and lulzy term for the brainwashed followers of hubbard's cult.

So from now on when I address one of them at a raid, I'll refer to him/her as Mr. or Ms. Science Fiction-ologist.

I hope this makes at least one of them go "Wait, wut?" and hopefully bring on a little introspection that night as they lay in bed recalling it.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Use of Science Fiction-ologist term

meh.
  3. Anonymous Member

4. Anonymous Member

What's the difference between this and telling them they are in a cult?
  5. Anonymous Member

Bleh.
  6. Anonymous Member

That's what they are, science fiction-ologists, because there's nothing science about scientology.

Might make then think twice about how much credibility to put n the writings of failed, insane sci fi writer. If nothing else it'll make them got wait, wut? The first time they hear it.
  7. Anonymous Member

Hardly a way to win them over to your way of thinking though...
  8. Anonymous Member

More "how to lose friends and alienate people" than "win friends and influence peeps..."
  9. Anonymous Member

Feh.
  10. Anonymous Member

Although I understand and apreciate your reasons, I feel that moreso than ever, scientology should be refered to as a cult, and its membership just members. However, sea org and davey and tommy should ALL be referred to as the cult leaders.

They went after a 15 year old to try and `fear us' down.

I wont have any of it.. its cult from here on out.
  11. Anonymous Member

You've "come up" with a clever play on the term "Scientologist" that has actually been around for QUITE a long time. Huh.

Not only is this NOT an idea, it's not even an original NOTION.

Dome or Die, which shall it be?
  12. Anonymous Member

I doubt it will cause any introspection, they'll just treat it as an insult.
  13. Anonymous Member

pretty much. no one's going to have a revelatory moment b/c you were like 'ooh, it's not scientology it's science-fiction-ology, whaddaya think of that?'

put it on a bumper sticker. maybe put the sticker over your mouth for a couple weeks -- lurk moar.
  14. Anonymous Member

More likely to make them think you're a jackass who's making fun of their beliefs, thereby confirming their opinion of you and likely putting an end to any kind of discussion.
  15. Anonymous Member

So it's Dome, then? Because clearly - it won't die.

Stupid never dies.
  16. Anonymous Member

It also sucks because many of us actually quite like science fiction, yet still somehow we manage to hate evil cults. Strange, but it DOES happen. (I couldn't give a fuck that LRH was an SF writer, apart from the fact that he was a very bad one. The point is that he was a fucking conman. STAY ON FUCKING TARGET).

And apart from anything else... it's CLUMSY AS FUCK.