Customize

URGENT: HELP NEEDED WITH PRESS RELEASE; 3PM EDT DEADILINE

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by Consensus, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Agent 508 Member

Re: URGENT: HELP NEEDED WITH PRESS RELEASE; 3PM EDT DEADILINE

2. davidsp Member

Reading the full petition for a restraining order is very interesting, and offers some insights into how the CoS gathers info and catalogues it. I think we probably have plenty of video and written evidence of threats and similar incidental stalkings as the CoS provides in its petition. Some things that immediately spring to mind are:

Woman laughing about bus hitting people in Ohio
    Woman kicking an Anon on youtube
    Signed documents saying that people labeled SPs may be destroyed
    We've caught loads of them following us, which constitutes repeated stalking
    We've got similarly flimsy blog posts from people claiming to be Scientologists threatening violence
    We've got reports of the history of people fair gamed, and proven deaths of others(Lisa McPherson, recent lady in Italy's attempted murder)
    We've got proven history of illegal activity including infiltrating the IRS

We could write up a petition to the same court they did, with several Anon's claiming to need protection from Scientologists, stating fair game policy, including as evidence video and print of threats, evidence of repeat stalkings, threats and unreasonable harrassment, all of which are included in Florida's anti stalking laws. We can then claim that we wish for a 50 ft restraining order distance from any member of Anonymous against any member of Scientology, stating that no scientologist is allowed to approach us within 50 feet. Then we can complete the coup de grace with a definition of Anonymous being a person of unknown identity and make a legal, legitimate case that Scientology is in fact, under Florida law, a threat to the public, and any person who they do not personally know (IE, someone who is Anonymous). This would mean no Scieno could approach anyone who wasn't a member. Of course the ridiculousness of such a document is apparent, but it uses the same inferences and ideas that the recent scientology appeal for a restraining order does, and might influence the local judges to throw out the scieno appeal. And of course, on the long shot it went through, slapping the clearwater sci fags with a restraining order against john q public would be pretty epic.
  3. anonysan Member

THIS
  4. ThatNateGuy Member

As mentioned before, doing such a thing as having a restraining written for their benefit (let alone ours) requires that the individuals involved be named and recognised in the event of a violation. Otherwise, any Joe Random can claim to be a member of Anonymous.

Also, to be sure, was it the IRS they attempted to infiltrate or was it another organisation?
  5. Agent 508 Member

It was most certainly the IRS, however I believe that there were several other agencies infiltrated as well, unfortunately those acronyms elude me.
  6. Phoenix Blue Member

This is my journalism background speaking here ... but you want your first paragraph to talk about the subject of your release. If we want to talk about Anon, we have to start here.

... And go from there. The rest of it seems pretty straightforward. And ... this is a press release. Make it opinionated without going over the top, and it's more likely to grab an editor's attention. He probably won't run it as-is, but he might assign a reporter to the story.
  7. Modus Member

While I agree entirely with what you wrote, Phoenix, can we please please please not refer to a group, or organisation, or identity that is Anonymous?

I kind of thought that idea was reaching consensus a couple of pages back but then people just kept writing up new versions that basically detail how we're a rigidly controlled organisation with a strict hierarchy or something. Not to that extreme, but we have to get away from the idea of a group identity.

People that read our press release need to get the message that this is a "decentralised, leaderless movement or collective of people with a mutual ideal."
    We do not want to enable the church to call us "an organisation known as anonymous".

If our press releases don't reflect this, we become a centralised group, EXACTLY what the Co$ needs to destroy this MOVEMENT through litigation.

At this point saying "we're a group called anonymous" is namefagging, but you're namefagging ALL OF US in one big swoop.
  8. Phoenix Blue Member

Sorry about that. I'm kinda new here, so I missed any earlier discussions.
  9. Anonymous69 Member

Just retrieved from the Pinnellas County Court Website

Uniform Case Pinellas Case Section Case Type Type
    522008CA003568XXCICI 08003568CI 007 INJUNCTION CI
    Style: AKIYAMA ROGER
    vs. AN ASSOCIATION OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS ANONYMOUS
    Jury Trial STIP NOTH Reason Type Disp.

Filling Date Appeal Date Judg. Date Reop Date Docket Date
    03/11/08
    Case/Cat
    INJUNCTION

10 Docket Entries, 03/12/08 to 03/11/08
    Pages Date P/D Docket Entry Ver
    03/12/08 PLAINTIFF ORDER ON PETITION FOR REPEAT VIOLENCE PETITION F
    03/12/08 PLAINTIFF AMENDED PETITION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST REP VIOL F
    03/12/08 PLAINTIFF CASE ASSIGNED SECTION 007 FROM SECTION 021 BY 1207 - RANDOM N B N
    03/12/08 PLAINTIFF CASE ASSIGNED SECTION 021 FROM SECTION 020 BY 1207 - RANDOM N R N
    03/12/08 CLERK 020/HON NELLY N KHOUZAM /RECUSAL ORDER /ORRX N
    03/12/08 PLAINTIFF ORDER OF RECUSAL F
    03/12/08 CLERK END OF VOLUME: ONE N
    03/12/08 PLAINTIFF WITH NOTE FROM COURT: DENIED W/O PREJUDICE TO AMEND F
    03/12/08 PLAINTIFF COPY PETITION FOR INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION N
    03/11/08 PLAINTIFF CIVIL COVER SHEET F

Does this mean it was denied???
  10. Modus Member

No problem, sorry if my response seemed overly aggressive or critical. This is just a point I feel very strongly about, in terms of the power and survival of this grou-... err, movement.

In any case, it's this back-and-forth criticism and constant revision of each other's ideas that is the true power of this movement, so keep it up!

To me, that looks like it was denied... but we'll need someone who speaks fluent legalese to verify that. Epiceptional Win if it is though :)
  11. Re: URGENT: HELP NEEDED WITH PRESS RELEASE; 3PM EDT DEADILINE

SPtimes reports it was rejected by a judge, but an almost identical application was then submitted by CoS.

They are clutching at straws.
  12. UT_Lulz Member

IANAL, but if I understand correctly, "without prejudice" means that the injunction was denied, but they are free to revise and re-submit. If it would have been dismissed WITH prejudice, that would mean that it was denied AND that they wouldn't be able to raise the issue again.

tl;dr: without prejudice = GTFO, with prejudice = GTFO and B&
  13. nightfire Member

you are absolutly correct!!!! (me AND MY PERSONAL LEGAL EXPERIENCE SAYS) denied WO prejudice means that in it's current form it has been denied, but it may be rewritten and resubmitted AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES!!!

if you are namefagged DON"T GO IF IT IS APROVED!!!
    Keep it a LEGAL protest
  14. winanon Member

We were working on one in the Winnipeg (Canada) thread. It's also located directly in the April 12 protest thread here:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/showthread.php?t=5134

I won't copy the text here since it's a work in progress, although I'm planning on emailing it out to Winnipeg media tomorrow. I have incorporated all suggestions from here as well as exscientologykids.com, who were very helpful.

They pointed out that we should de-emphasize Anonymous (although not mention it) and also not defend against accusations of terrorism/bomb threats. Doing so plays into the hands of Scientology, since it's a tactic they purposely use called "advancing the enemy line".

Eye on the ball.