Customize

UNE GRANDE VICTORIE: French [PROSECUTOR] declares Scientology organized crime ring!

Discussion in 'Media' started by anon5712, Sep 8, 2008.

1. momISanon Member

Re: UNE GRANDE VICTORIE: French [PROSECUTOR] declares Scientology organized crime rin

Awwwwwww, Plups. I sang that when I was in local theatre in the UK. Nothing like Les Mis to get 'the juices flowing'! :)

OK. I'm crying, now.

YouTube - les miserables--do you hear the people sing

Not a fan of Communism......but this speaks to ALL people.
  2. OTBT Member

Re: UNE GRANDE VICTORIE: French [PROSECUTOR] declares Scientology organized crime rin

Some old, background, legal info, courtesy of US Congress

http://italy.usembassy.gov/pdf/other/rellib1.pdf

3. AnonymousNow Member

Insane win, indeed.
  4. JFawkeson Member

QFT. I saw Les Mis when I was a kid. I loved it then, but it has a whole new affect on me now.

brb, tissues. Gosh, I'm going through a whole spectrum of emotions tonight, thanks to Anon. You wonderful bastards.
  5. Erra Member

Its ok, Les Mis does that to people.

It does my faggy little theatre heart good to see other theatrefags getting weepy over Les Mis connected to Chanology
  6. JFawkeson Member

Bloody hell, I want to march to it or something, waving an Anon flag and singing. I don't bloody sing. I have to go dig up my old Les Mis stuff now. Again, Erra, thank you.

It's a good time to be Anonymous, I'd say.
  7. RolandRB Member

From what I gather the state prosecutors recommended that this case DID NOT go to trial due to lack of evidence but the judge decided to go ahead with the trial anyway. That means the state prosecutors know they do not have a case and the lawyers representing the scilons know that full well and will exploit it to get the case dismissed. There is something political about moving this case forward so do not be surprised if it all comes to nothing.
  8. Re: UNE GRANDE VICTORIE: French [PROSECUTOR] declares Scientology organized crime rin

Yeah, or the Judge saw a mountain of evidence and an intimidated prosecutor.
  9. Plups Member

REPOST:

The French legal system

The judge in this matter is described in one of the articles as the examining judge.
  10. Re: UNE GRANDE VICTORIE: French [PROSECUTOR] declares Scientology organized crime rin

OK now, send this to various media etc. No-one has mentioned it in any of the articles, and it confirms the bad impression an ordinary citizen gets on reading about the current charges.
    Scientology's Hubbard Convicted of Fraud in France, 1978
  11. leroyjenkins Member

Well, Happy 30th Anniversary and here there is your present courtesy of the French Republic.
  12. Amnon Nhymous Member

Was said before in this thread by me. thx RolandRB anyway.
    Interresting to post in thread and not been read. Long thread is long however. ;)

Or... they've been instructed to drop it. You never know about prosecution, since they're directly under control of the government/presidence.

Yes.
  13. Trev6 Member

Even if the case gets dropped, though, this story has lit up virtually every news outlet across the globe. CNN, top of Yahoo's most viewed stories, etc. etc. It's bad press for $cilons either way.
  14. Amnon Nhymous Member

True. The little judge started a worldwide fire! ;)
  15. RolandRB Member

True. Also if the Scientology organisation itself gets a conviction, even though none of the seven being accused gets a conviction, then this "second strike" will get the Church of Scientology in all its forms banned in France. It seems as though this is why the judge has called for the trial to go ahead.
  16. Pacifist Member

At the best, Co$ has to GTFO of France. At the worst, we're left with worldwide "SCIENTOLOGY TRIED FOR FRAUD" headlines. It's either win, or epic win.
  17. indeedindeed Member

The former opinion of the prosecutor is imo legally irrelevant now that the trial has been ordered to take place by the judge. I only wonder who will be the prosecutor in this trial? The same one?
  18. Trev6 Member

Hopefully the French legal system will see fit to assign a new one. I imagine it would be a conflict of interests of /some/ sort to have the same guy prosecuting who previously asked to pussy ou-... I mean, halt the trial.
  19. feman0n Member

This video on the story made Aussie prime time (morning) TV. I nearly choked on my coffee....

Scientology on trial

Epicness factor so far >9000 :woot:
  20. momISanon Member

Can someone please copy this to YT?
  21. chux Member

translated with google, i hope you can understand.

Scientology: "a search for the optimal benefit"

That is the finding without appeal that gives the order for dismissal of the Church of Scientology as a legal person before the Correctional Tribunal of Paris for "fraud in an organized gang."

Excerpts from the order for dismissal of the Church of Scientology, published by the daily Liberation Tuesday, September 9, as a legal person before the Correctional Tribunal of Paris and signed Monday by the examining magistrate Jean-Christophe Hullin, shows that Scientology would be an "organised gang" to "profit-seeking optimal".

"Manipulation" and "embezzlement"

"There has been manipulation of multiple bank accounts, fully agreed between several of the indicted," according to the text of the order of the magistrate, who has 70 pages. "These malpractices (…) shed light on a particular day activities of individual or collective Scientologists largest street Legendre."
    The document shows the judge that Scientology surfacture its products, starting with the books of the library SALT, whose price can be ten times higher than the general price of a comparable commercial edition prints. "
    The text stresses that no more "no doubt about the commercial purpose of the action Scientologist, indicating a real obsession for financial performance." The master of Scientology, Ron Hubbard, was also quoted: "You must at all times to monitor each person who enters your office, from that moment until the final stage of signing the cheque", advises there his disciples, according to the document of the order.

"A profit-seeking optimal"

The text of the judge insists on the "great rationality of Finance, around a quest for profit optimal, boosted by insurance for officers dealing with Scientology for personal gain, calculated the percentage of the money paid by their students" , And "concealment then these personal gains, both in respect of the hotel tax for obscure reasons."
    "The fact of an organized gang is all the more (…) that placed under investigation, which concentrate in their hands all the prerogatives within the structures and trade associations, are bound by an old friendship and relationship and family alliance, "concludes the text of the order.

"Fraud in organized gang"

After 10 years of investigation, the Church of Scientology was returned Monday before the Correctional Tribunal of Paris for "fraud in an organized gang."
    The judge Jean-Christophe Hullin who signed the order Monday returning spiritual Association of the Church of Scientology (ASES-Celebrity centre), the main structure of the association in France and its library, SARL SEL.
    According to a source close to the case, the condemnation of the Church of Scientology could lead to the dissolution of the two structures put in question.

La Scientologie : "une recherche du profit optimal", Société - NouvelObs.com
    L'Eglise de scientologie sera jugée en 2009 à Paris pour escroquerie - Société - Le Monde.fr
  22. Trev6 Member

...working on it.
  23. anonwuwu Member

Digg - Sunrise - Scientology on Trial in France

Digg - USA Today - Scientology to face trial in France
  24. Trev6 Member

25. Re: UNE GRANDE VICTORIE: French [PROSECUTOR] declares Scientology organized crime rin

oh hai my name. oh wait.
  26. anonwuwu Member

27. QAnon Member

Man, have I been busy this morning mirroring videos at the Bulletproof. This stuff is all Epic Win.
  28. musketeerwang Member

Bit more coverage in the UK;

E-Metro

Tuesday's edition, page 5.
  29. T.W.C_Anon Member

From: Church of Scientology accused of 'fraud' - Breaking News - World - Breaking News

"In particular Scientologists use a spiritual healing method called Dianetics, which is designed to help alleviate unwanted sensations and emotions, irrational fears and psychosomatic illnesses."

I find it interesting how gullable the media still is regarding Scientology, they word this like it is something that actually works :sad: /facepalm

Also

"Olivier Morice, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said the "attitude of the prosecutor's office makes one wonder if political considerations were taken into account in the legal treatment of dossiers concerning Scientology."

Yeah it seriously makes me wonder if that is why Scientology is still getting away with their faggotry in other countries, they bribe, swindle and blackmail authorities into silence. This is an angle I seriously think we need to start pursuing and asking our elected officials why if France and Germany can grow balls in regards to the Scientology problem then why isn't <insert your countrys name/law enforcement entity here>

???
  30. Ann O'Nymous Member

31. Amnon Nhymous Member

This should be a theme for a global protest: INFILTRATION
    (not the spying stuff but the CORRUPTION).
  32. Amnon Nhymous Member

33. Amnon Nhymous Member

34. Lorelei Member

Eups. Two posts. :ffs:
  35. Lorelei Member

Je t'adore, France!

Magnifique!

Aussi: [IMG]
  36. Ann O'Nymous Member

Danish
    Newspapers: Ekstrabladet
    Dutch /Flamish
    Newspapers: Der Standaard
    TVs, radios:
    Internet: AD - Depers - NU video - Spitsnieuws
    English
    ANZO
    Newspapers: Brisbane Times - The Courier mail - The Herald sun - The Sydney morning herald
    TVs, radios: Sunrise - TVNZ
    Internet: News.com.au
    British Isles
    Newspapers: The Examiner - The Guardian - The Telegraph
    TVs, radios: BBC
    Canada
    Internet: Google news - Tolerance
    USA
    Press agencies: AFP - Reuters - UPI
    Newspapers: Men news daily - The Washington post - USA Today
    TVs, radios: Tampa Bay 10
    Internet: Buzzle - Digg - Wikinews - Yahoo news
    Others
    Newspapers: Mail & Guardian
    Internet: News 24
    French
    Canada
    Press agencies: Google news
    TVs, radios: Radio Canada
    Internet: Canoë
    France
    Press agencies: AFP
    Newspapers: Journal du dimanche, 2 - Le Monde - Libération, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 - Nouvel Observateur - Ouest-France - Le Télégramme
    TVs, radios: France 2 (Vimeo) - France 3 (Vimeo) - Radio France International
    Switzerland
    TVs, radios: Télévision suisse romande
    German
    Austria
    Newspapers: Die Presse - Der Standard
    TVs, radios: OE24
    Germany
    Newspapers: Stern - Süd Deutsche Zeitung -Tagesspiegel - Die Zeit
    TVs, radios: N24
    Internet: Bonn XXL
    Spanish
    Newspapers: La Nacion dominicana
  37. Ann O'Nymous Member

38. Plups Member

This story just keeps giving.