Customize

[UK] [POST GAME] Manchester Pride Paraid - Saturday 23 August 2008

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by gleeb, Aug 23, 2008.

1. gleeb Member

[UK] [POST GAME] Manchester Pride Paraid - Saturday 23 August 2008

I really do have just one smiley that'll sum up the day.

:hc:

Today, the Paraid went off with one MAJOR hitch. I, the organizer, was arrested prior to the actual parade. An anon had seen the Stress Test Cart at the top of Market Street and informed me. It was then decided that we should all go enturbulate to break in the new sign. It said "Homophobic CULT". Being the drama-queen that I am, I also hollered at the top of my lungs about the homophobic cult. Eventually, the Council cops asked me to stop and put away the sign. I refused... I mean, they are pretend pretend cops.

They repeated the request and I asked them if they were making it a legal requirement as an officer of the law. What with not being an officer of the law, he decided to get one involved. I stuck around for a while as he called for backup. Eventually, I got bored and we wandered back to the Org... or, I would have if not for the fact that I got collared. They soon had me away in the partyvan. Processing was boring, so I was talking ten-to-the-dozen... which explains why they had a doctor in to do a quick psych exam :p

I was never interviewed or charged, just released without issue.

After that, walked back into town and found the cart again, post-parade :'(

I bumped into an old-guard protester, had a bit of a natter, shouted about the fact that they've used E-Meters on Tomatos. A scilon, 'StressTestGuy', ended a session and came to talk to me. I reminded him that he's taller than me and that, in fact, he still has blue eyes. He tried to get my photo, but I turned and walked away (no mask today, mine's broken :|)

Eventually, I made my way back to the cart, comically ninjaing my way toward the cart. More enturbulation, having met up with the WONDERFUL Gailo, AnonFive, Baifag and NoNameYetFag.

Eventually, they packed up, and we trailed them through the Arndale Center... and St. Ann's Square... and along Deangate...

At this time, it was after 5, so we all headed to the pub <3
  2. Giganon Member

Re: [UK] [POST GAME] Manchester Pride Paraid - Saturday 23 August 2008

I found the stress test cart on wednesday as well. Due to lack of time however, i couldnt really do much. Prevented a few book sales, gave a few websites to some girl who bought a book before i got there, had a big long conversation with lisa

took a stress test as well. apparently im not stressed about anything :O
  3. Giganon Member

Oh, and lisa realised i was a protester at one point during the stress test so she ended it early
  4. stuwyatt Member

So let me get this right... They arrested you for carrying a sign after not giving you a good reason to take it down?

WTF!?!?!

Are you going to be chasing this up? What were the reasons for your arrest and being locked up in a cell for 1.5 hours (according to what you said on IRC)?.... Did you get documentation?

Need more info.

[Edit] Great protest guys :)
  5. anonymous1312 Member

Sounds like they ballsed up by arresting you, which is why you were let go without interview or charge; unless you misunderstood something, did they take your dox? Might be putting in a complaint, harpoon(s) on stand by - and more where the came from.
  6. celtg Member

any pic's or video's?
  7. jensting Member

Hi There!

I'm glad to hear you had a peaceful demo.

To be 100% honest, speaking for myself, this old guard only ever picked fights (as it were) with the clams, not with the home office. This means swallowing my pride even when I know I'm right, on occasion. Kept me from getting arrested, which meant I could put what little energy I'm spending on activism where I believe it can make a difference.

In any case, good luck with future successful protests

Best Regards

Jens
  8. BigBeard Member

Question: In the UK is there any requirement for people administering and EVALUATING psychological "stress tests" to be certified or licensed as professionally capable of doing so? Or at least being under the direct supervision of someone so certified or licensed?

BigBeard
  9. gleeb Member

No idea, probably yes, but we're also going to be taking other action about the cart... thing is... if we get the cart b&, when we have less to protest, and I do like protesting.

JENS! I saw your site, with the pics of Child Labor in Manchester. Very useful indeed, I might have it printed out to show that our local org supports Child Labor. Won't make them popular :p You should come to one of our raids, or if you know any old guard around here, get them here. We would love to have them over :)

They coming.
  10. gleeb Member

11. PrestonFag Member

Mouthy tart.

Hope there's no ramifications for you dude.
  12. gleeb Member

None at all. They released me without charge, bail or summons... I suppose I shouldn't start threads after being awake for 30something hours ;)
  13. SovietV Member

LOL, dammit I missed it =[
    Gleeb, you're loud and trolltastic
    Now both of us have had to deal with useless Manchester police haha
  14. PrestonFag Member

I'm just hopeful it doesn't make them give a tougher police presence for the next protest.
  15. gleeb Member

I hope it does. With assaults from UK scilon coming more frequently now, I don't think I could feel safe without a police presence.
  16. Giganon Member

You're actually scared of being assaulted by them? The biker dude could prob pack a punch but the ones that've given us trouble so far have been scrawny cunts to say the least
  17. gleeb Member

I was being ironical, but it is true that the scientologists have been getting more aggressive.
  18. xenubuster Member

Agreed, since May they've certainly been more proactive with their baiting. Less "let's talk" moar "ZOMG TR0 DEATH STARE"
  19. Giganon Member

Ah sorry. I was drunk at the time, and my already low "detecting sarcasm over the interwebs" skills are even lower when i am.