Customize

UK leader admits child sexual assault in 1970s, never charged

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Disambiguation, May 16, 2015.

1. Disambiguation Global Moderator

He went on to sexually assault his own son for years. In spite of his admission of child sexual assault, the police did not charge him.
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics...ontagu-escaped-child-sex-abuse-trial-in-1970s
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Anonymous Member

Yes, your honour, I've been fucking him for years but I promise to be a good boy and stay away from him! What the fuck? British old boys network at its best!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Read the Guardian article - thx, Dis.The Guardian is an invaluable institution, staying true to its name, pursuing those who abuse their power for personal gain over many generations.

Talking of generations, it is deeply disappointing (to say the least) that it took over forty years for this to come to light - time enough for the perp to die in his comfortable surroundings, his reputation intact, with nothing but a private 'word in his ear' from the DPP.

Meanwhile, the young victims are left with the original trauma, the scars that remain for the rest of their lives, and the frustration of finding out after all this time that the authorities knew, but chose not to prosecute their molestor. (I say victims here, because the linked article refers to more than just Montagu's own son, but 'up to 20' others.)

No chance to pursue justice or compensation for their suffering, thanks to some bewigged, privileged, tax-payer-funded QC, who has no doubt since passed on himself, in his own comfortable surroundings...I say, do pass the the Bolly, won't you?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous Member

I know that I keep banging on about this but when will people realise that those in power or those that have fame for whatever reason are NOT above the law and that the sexual abuse of children and young adults is NOT normal?
  5. Sapere Aude Member

You're not "banging on" as you put it, you are trying to drive home a point that I fear will never make a blind bit of difference to those very people who think of themselves as above the law.

It's the "banging on" by yourself and others like you that's making the DPP sit up and realise they must not let the likes of Janner and co escape prosecution by claiming ill health or any other wild excuse they can dream up as to evade it.
    • Like Like x 1