Customize

U.S. Government Officials - contact list

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by askquestions, Feb 29, 2008.

1. askquestions Member

U.S. Government Officials - contact list

CONTACT LIST FOR GOVERNMENT OFFICES

The only way that our government can know that you

have been hurt is for you to say “ouch”. Contact

these agencies today. Scientology will no doubt

react with a campaign of their own.

EDUCATION IS NOT A HATE CRIME

In preparation for the March 15, 2008, peaceful protest at Scientology facilities around the world

This is a resource page to aid you in reporting your experience with
    the Church of Scientology to U.S. government agencies. Any attempt to silence, intimidate, harass, or prevent you from contacting these agencies should be reported to the FBI or local law enforcement (police or sheriff).

The Hon. Henry Waxman, Chairman
    U. S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
    2157 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20515
    Congressman’s phone: 202-225-3976
    Oversight Committee Phone: 202-225-5051
    Email: go to the Web page at http://oversight.house.gov then click on “contact’
    Fax: 202-225-8185

This committee should receive copies of all communications made to other governmental agencies

The committee has the power to subpoena witnesses should an investigation ever take place regarding the issuing of a tax-exempt status given to the Church of Scientology in 1993, countermanding a 1989 decision of the U. S. Supreme Court in Hernandez vs. IRS.

The Hon. Howard Berman, Chairman
    U. S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs
    2170 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20515
    Congressman’s phone: 202-255-4695
    Committee phone: 202-225-5021
    Fax: 202-225-2035
    E-mail: howard.berman@mail.house.gov
    Web: http://foreignaffairs.house.gov

Persons living outside of the United States can report on the impact that the U.S. acceptance of the Church of Scientology as a tax exempt organization has had in those countries.

Michael Cromartie, Chairman
    United States Commission on International Religious Freedom
    800 N. Capital Street, N.W., Suite 790
    Washington, D.C. 20002
    Phone: 202-523-3240
    Fax: 202-523-5020
    E-mail: communications@uscirf.gov
    Web: http://www.uscirf.gov

This is one of the most powerful Commissions which form public policy. It makes non-binding policy recommendations to the President, Secretary of State, and Congress in matters involving international religious freedom. This Commission can be informed of the many allegations of Scientology’s violations of Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Right which states “Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief….”.

The Hon. John Hanford, III
    Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
    The Office of International Religious Freedom
    U.S. Department of State
    Room 4829a Harry Truman Bldg.
    2201 C St. NW
    Washington, DC 20520
    Phone: 202-647-0463 (Director of the office, Stephen Liston)

This office produces the Annual Report on International Religious Freedom which has criticized Germany for its continued surveillance of the Church of Scientology. It works in cooperation with the U. S. Commission of Religious Freedom, established by Congress. It must be encouraged to examine the behavior of Scientology as reported in the German study and which is at the basis of the German action.

Mr. John Hein, Director
    The White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiative
    The White House
    Washington, DC 20502
    Phone: 202-456-6708
    Fax: 202-456-7019
    http://www.fbci.gov

This office deals with issues involving support of faith-based organizations and their connection to aid programs financed by the Federal Government

Mr. Eric Treene Special Counsel for Religious Discrimination
    U.S. Department of Justice
    950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
    Washington, D.C. 20530
    Phone: 202-353-8622
    E-mail: eric.treene@usdoj.gov
    FAX: 202-305-2572

This new office, established in 2007, deals with the protection of religious liberty but also deals with complaints regarding religious freedom issues. Report attempts by the Church of Scientology to retain members by threats, harassment, forced separation from family members, demands for payments for courses taken in the past in violation of Article 18 of the U. N. Declaration of Human Rights.

Commissioner Alcee Hastings, Chairman
    Commission of Security and Cooperation in Europe
    U.S. Helsinki Commission
    234 Ford House Office Bldg
    3rd and D St. SW
    Washington, DC 20515
    Phone: 202-225-1901
    Fax: 202-226-4199
    E-mail: info@csce.gov
    Web page: http://www.csce.gov

This Commission monitors acts by member nations which reflects compliance or violations of the First Act of the Conference. Violations of Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights can be brought to their attention. In the case of the Church of Scientology, it would apply to the many alleged ways in which they attempt to retain members. (See Department of Justice above.)
    The Hon. Joseph Biden, Chairman
    United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
    201 Senate Russell Bldg.
    Washington, D.C. 20510
    Phone: 202-244-5042
    Fax: 202-244-0139

The criticisms which some have regarding the German government’s refusal to recognize the Church of Scientology as other than a profit making organization could be investigated by this committee. A study of the German government’s documents would shed light on the decision Germany made.
    Commissioner Andrew C. Von Eschenback, MD
    Food and Drug Administration
    5600 Fishers Lane
    Rockville, MD 20857
    http://www.fda.gov

Issues regarding claims made by the Church of Scientology regarding health issues and programs and instruments used to deal with health issues could be brought to the attention of the FDA. Persons who have experienced adverse effects from acting upon the medical recommendations of Scientology should document their personal experiences.

The Hon. Henry Paulson, Jr.
    Secretary of the Treasury
    1500 Pennsylvania Ave.
    Washington, DC 20220
    Phone: 202-622-1100
    Fax: 202-622-0000
    Web: http://www.ustreas.gov

The Secretary of the Treasury has responsibility for the Internal Revenue Service. Persons with knowledge of issues involved in the granting of a tax-exempt status to the Church of Scientology in 1993 or other information regarding the financial activity of the organization or any of its front groups could direct their concerns directly to his office with a copy to

Acting Director Linda Stiff
    Internal Revenue Service
    1111Constitution Ave. NW
    Washington, DC 20224
    Phone: 202-622-9511
    Email: irs.commissioner@irs.gov

and

IRS EO Classification
    Mail Code 4910DAL
    1100 Commerce St.
    Dallas, TX 75242
    Fax: 214-413-5415
    Email: eoclass@irs.gov

The Hon. John Conyers, Chairman
    House Judiciary Committee
    Room 2138 Rayburn House Office Bldg.
    Washington, D.C., 20515
    Phone: 202-225-3951
    Fax: 202-225-7680
    Web: http://www.judiciary.house.gov
    Email: john.conyers@mail.house.gov/conyers

This committee should be made aware of the abuse of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act which is used by the Church of Scientology to silence critics.

To find contact information for your local Senator

or Congressman go to:

http://www.senate.gov
    http://www.house.gov
  2. TakeAnonMe Member

Re: Contact U.S. government officials

This is extremely useful & deserves to be an announcement.
  3. edudcixlsyd Member

Re: U.S. Government Officials - contact list

I sent an e-mail to the John McCain, Barack Obama, and Hilary Clinton asking their views on Scientology and informing them on some of the crimes they've commited.
  4. Re: U.S. Government Officials - contact list

Hillary's In bed with them, and McCain would probably hit the roof if he heard about the RPF. Obama I don't know about.
  5. ThatNateGuy Member

Wait, wait, wait...Hilary's in bed with CoS? Since when? Perhaps I'm ignorant about her because I dislike her so much, but she's in with that lot?

Well, now I have another reason to dislike her.
  6. aNunAmiss Member

Yes, please! Sources? MOAR INFO!
  7. Re: U.S. Government Officials - contact list

Sources or shens.
  8. lermanet_com Member

April 12th message from a Methodist Minister who asked me to get it onto this board..now and to stress and encourage this to be done now...or again...or for the first time...this is important, please annoy your friends until they do this one particular contact.. .and it is even better to sent a written letter, or fax instead of an email...but you can do that ALSO, if you don't feel like doing it, call me, I'll yammer at you until you do..regards Arnie Lerma, 703-241-1498

The New York Times once asked "Can anyone stop Scientology"

The answer is YES, The United States Congress can

Have you or anyone you know been hurt by the behavior of Scientology?

IT IS URGENT THAT YOU INFORM SOMEONE WHO CAN TAKE ACTION, THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS

Call , email fax or write to:

The Hon. Henry Waxman, Chairman
    U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
    Room 2157 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington DC 20515

Congressman's telephone: 202-225-3978
    Oversight Committee phone: Voice 202-225-5051
    Fax 202-225-8185
    Email: Committee on Oversight and Government Reform :: Chairman Henry A. Waxman :: United States House of Representatives then click "contact"

Briefly share your experience with and knowledge of Scientology. If possible, offer to be a witness at a committee hearing. And ask for an investigation of the circumstances which led to scientology receiving their tax exemption.

This is NOT an act of religious bigotry or a hate crime. it is the BEHAVIOR of scientology that is so destructive
  9. Re: U.S. Government Officials - contact list

Good info thanks
  10. Zenster Member

Bill Clinton met with John Travolta at the White House when John Travolta was filming Primary Colors. The story goes that Bill made nice with Travolta and Scientology in exchange for Travolta portraying Bill Clinton and Hillary in a good light in the movie.
    With the Clintons being total dirty politics players, who knows what else was promised.
    The tax exemption from the IRS did happen under Clinton's watch and he could have intervened but did not.
  11. MikeTheKnife Member

Get the facts. The Secret Agreement was fianlized on Jan 19, 1992. Lets see ... in 1992, George H.W. was president and didn't leave office until Jan 20, 1993. So Clinton-Travolta didn't have anything to do with the IRS reversal (other than the fact that Clinton did nothing to correct the IRS error when he was president).

Regardless of this minor error in your post, THESE GUYS DO NOT KNOW THAT CoS IS A FRAUD RELIGION. The government is run by about 550 people (pres, senators, representatives, supreme court justices). They think CoS is real, just like Catholic or Methodist. That needs to be corrected, by us.
  12. Enturbonegro Member

Don't forget about Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)

He's recently been poking into various Christian sleazes who may be exploiting the tax code for their benefit....

Washington Office
    135 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510-1501
    (202) 224-3744
  13. monamia Member

Henry Waxman will NEVER act against scientology. His close and comfy relationship with the cult goes way way back.
  14. lermanet_com Member

and this statement is based upon what?

my information is that we were very close to having congressional hearings on scientology where those targeted by them wold be heard.. I was asked to draw up lists of folks willing to testify under oath before congress, and then there was 911
  15. monamia Member

knowledge and experience.
    has he really ever DONE anything to help stop them?
    the answer is no.

"very close" means it didn't happen.
    he is no friend, believe me.
    he will NEVER help.
  16. moschops Member

criminal organisation scientology have infiltrated politicians and government so it best to check which politicians are scientologists or have accepted donations from scientology.
    Will the Bush administration be a friend to Scientology?

As for the world's economy today, take a look at L ron hubbard's economics theory;-

".One of our primary barriers in this society to total freedom is economics. Suppressives have been weaving a web of economic entanglement for societies for some time, using economic misinterpretations or ignorance to involve those societies which only recently struck off their chains of actual slavery. Today, the chains are made of economic restrictions and, to be blunt, economic lies.

An understanding of economics is a bold step forward toward total freedom in a society. Aberrations tend to blow when their lies are exposed.

Therefore I have written this short essay on the actual laws of economics, as they may help you on your way to freedom.

Today, almost any person has a present time problem, growing more pressing as time goes on and as our society evolves.

It is a simple question:

“HOW CAN I LIVE?”

The answer to this question in a broad general way can be found by attaining an understanding of a subject called “economics.”

Economics are as simple as they are not obscured and as confused as they are made to serve a selfish purpose.

Any child can understand—and practice—the basic principles of economics. But grown men, huge with the stature of government or chain banks, find it very useful to obscure the subject beyond all comprehension.

The things that are done in the name of “economic necessity” would shame Satan. For they are done by the selfish few to deny the many.

Economics easily evolve into the science of making people miserable.

Nine-tenths of life are economic. The remaining one-tenth is social-political.

If there is this fruitful source of suppression loose upon the world and if it makes people unhappy, then it is a legitimate field for comment in Scientology as it must form a large “misunderstood” in our daily lives.

Let us see how involved it can be made. If mankind increases in number and if property and goods increase, then money must also increase unless we are to arrive at a point where none can buy.

Yet money is pegged to a metal of which there is just so much and no more—gold. So, if man’s expansion is to be checked, it will be checked simply by running out of this metal. And aside from art uses and superstition, the metal—gold—has almost no practical value. Iron is far more useful but as it is one of the most common elements about, it would not serve the purpose of suppression of man’s growth.

MONEY IS SIMPLY A SYMBOL THAT PEOPLE ARE CONFIDENT CAN BE CONVERTED INTO GOODS.

The most virulent philosophy of the 19th century was not that of Dewey* or Schopenhauer.* It was that of a fellow named Karl Marx, a German. In his book, Das Kapital, he set out to destroy the world of capitalism by introducing the philosophy of communism, borrowed in some part evidently from the leader Lycurgus, of the ancient Greek state of Sparta.

Economics continued...
  17. me57 Member

will be writing
  18. moschops Member

u guys suck cocks cuz super tom beat you to it hahahhahaa

Letter: Tom Cruise to Deputy Secretary of State Armitage
    Socio-Political Subversion
    This letter shows how Scientology uses their celebrities to gain political advantage under the cover of "human rights" and "religious freedom."
    TOM CRUISE

May 31, 2003

Richard Lee Armitage
    Deputy Secretary of State
    U.S. Department of State
    2201 C Street NW
    Washington, DC 20520

Dear Mr. Armitage:

I would like to start by thanking you for the State Department's annual human rights and religious freedom reports, which do an indispensable job of highlighting human rights abuses around the world.

I understand from Helen Ellis in your office that unfortunately our schedules will not coincide while I am in Washington in mid June. Given current world circumstances and particularly with the President and Secretary Powell being abroad, I can appreciate the incredible pressures that must exist on your time and availability.

As you may already know, for some time I have been concerned about human rights and religious freedom in Europe. Members of my Church, including American artists, continue to be discriminated against, especially in Germany, France and Belgium. I have taken it upon myself to become somewhat educated in these matters and to stay abreast of what continues to occur.

Therefore, I can fully appreciate your recommendation of meeting with Ambassador Hanford and while I am sure my speaking with him would be helpful, I am frankly most interested in speaking with you. I am familiar with your history and your duties as the Deputy Secretary and I am certain that I can, in a brief amount of time, communicate to you what is on my mind. I feel that we might do well to work together on this matter.

You must know from your Ambassadors that last year I did a series of visits to the U.S. Embassies in Germany, France and Spain and spoke to each Ambassador abou the problems of religious intolerance in those countries. I was very grateful for the assistance given by Ambassador Argyros in Madrid, and I am happy to say that the situation I discussed with him is now fully resolved.

Ambassador Coats and his staff have continued to be very helpful, and I have also appreciated the efforts of the U.S. Embassy staff in Paris.

I do keep a close watch on the situations in these countries and within the last month, I learned of attempts to sabotage the performance of two American artists solely because they are members of the Church of Scientology. I would be happy to give you the details of these situations, but incidents such as these in Germany and France have been recorded in the State Departments Human Rights reports for nearly a decade.

Scientology is fully recognized as a tax-exempt, bona fide religion in the United States, yet these actions by German officials are unfortunately representative of intolerance that members of my religion and other minority religions face in Germany.

Religious freedom is very important to me as it is to every true American. I know you share thse values, and I appreciate the invaluable assistance the State Department has given members of my Church in protecting their rights, especially in Europe.

Lastly, I am scheduled to travel to Europe in January to promote my next film and am planning on again meeting with our Ambassadors in France, Germany and possibly Belgium to work with them on pressing these nations for more dialogue and action to resolve these matters.

However, despite the circumstances of my visits to Europe, this situation is by no means a publicity activity for me. This is a metter that is both important and personal, and that is why I am looking to my government's assistance in the hopes of finding a resolution to what has becoming a very saddening and unneccessary human rights situation.

As you already know, I expect to be in Washington, D.C., around June 11-13. I know you are not available on those dates but I am interested to know when else you would be available.

I am also endeavoring to meet with Vice President Cheney on this matter while I am in Washington. Should you or your office need to reach me, I can be contacted through my associate, Tom Davis1 at [xxx-xxx-xxxx] or through my assistanct, Michael Doven, at [xxx-xxx-xxxx].

Sincerely,
    [signed] Tom [pdf]

Source: http://indiana.typepad.com/fwob/files/tom_cruises_letter.pdf
  19. deadeyedave Member

IS there a list for people living in other countries?