Customize

Turkey Anons need Fliers and Images!

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Anonymous, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

may have use for your services:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/censorship-in-my-country.89331/

Hello

I need all the help i can get from those of you that are creative or that are good at design...
    I live in Istanbul and there is a great problem here in turkey with Freedom of Information and Censorship (example We have sites like; YouTube and Most of Google services and other online information which are still blocked which is the only way for Turkey to get real news and information since all the local newspapers are 100% controlled by the current government ( we know that the government has been threatening and killing reporters that think different than the government or trying to inform the public the truth)). This is an issue that is not really known by the world but this a very serious issue for Turkish people and the negative direction that Turkey is taking. I would really appreciate if you read THIS Wikipedia article specially the "Blocking of the internet sites" part and tell me what you think about it.

By this post i want to inform you about the situation that is currently going on and i wanted to let those in Turkey that want to change this situation that they are not alone that hopefully Anonymous will be there with us to fight to change this situation, i wanted to see who here can help me produce some type of Flyers and/or flags to inform the people.

I hope to hear from all of you that have something say (positive or negative) or that can help with this problem.

Oh and excuse me for my English.
  2. Durga Member

Anon, I saw this post in another thread. I'd like to take all of them and make you a separate thread just for the Turkey project, if that's alright.
  3. I think its an awesome idea :)
  4. Anonymous Member

I was seeding his/her post around, trying to prevent it from getting lost in the FoI forum. Turkey project thread sounds right.
  5. That my post and thanx a lot for your help with it!
  6. WMAnon Member

Could you give us some examples of text you'd like for fliers, and we could design something around that?

In the meantime, I can take a look at the Tukish flag and see if there's any way we can Anonymous it up for you :)
  7. Dragononymous Member

I will beat you to it
  8. WMAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dragononymous Member

got to be kidding right?..
    (idea is cool though)
  10. WMAnon Member

well I had to make sure you didn't actually beat me to anything. Illustrator doesn't like messing around with layers like I'm used to, but I'll figure it out.
  11. Dragononymous Member

[IMG]
    Mine aint serious either by the way
  12. Dragononymous Member

Illustrator is a bitch
  13. Dragononymous Member

14. WMAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dragononymous Member

pointy star
    *poke**Poke*
  16. WMAnon Member

you think it would look better if I pulled the wreath out entirely from that side, so only the suit escapes the crescent?
  17. Dragononymous Member

no-one dies while trying, soo...
  18. WMAnon Member

dude, that's 100% vectors. I'm not fucking with anything unless I have to :p
  19. Anonymous Member

It looks good to me.
  20. Anonymous Member

Thanx a lot for your help every body I really appreciatit, both of you doing a great job. About the Flyers, I thought of some thing green with the original flag of Anon green and text on that will explain here Turkey that Anon is with them in this fight against censorship or some thing like that that will explain to people. Because if I can get enough public attention than start protests
  21. moarxenu Member

22. WMAnon Member

Okay, I can start with that, but you're going to have to translate the text for me.
  23. Translating thats easy i can do that thanx
  24. WMAnon Member

Okay, first stab at it. Let me know what you think of the image and the text, I can change both.

opturkey.png
  25. Anonymous Member

Yeh Turkey
  26. Dragononymous Member

I get the you never walk alone feeling atm
  27. moarxenu Member

There is a very interesting review with Claire Berlinksi by Michael Totten. She is an American journalist who has been living in Istanbul for five years. Michael is a citizen journalist who has been doing remarkable reporting from the Middle East for many years.

Ottoman Fantasies

She says Turkish journalists are afraid to speak up, therefore it is important for the media outside the country to do so.

28. LOOKS GREAT! like the idea of the he flag in the background. I think the font is pretty catch too, but when it comes to the message i think its a little too general i was thinking something more related to the censorshipproblems that the country is facing. if it can help you can have a look at THIS. An yes i like the you never walk alone line. i agree with moarxenus article i read it before and as i said before thats important for a country like Turkey.
  29. WMAnon Member

Okay, I'll just post plain text edits here until we get something you're happy with.
  30. Dragononymous Member

ftfy
  31. OK THANX ALOT!!! BOTH OF YOU!
  32. WMAnon Member

thoughts?
  33. Dragononymous Member

34. Much better and specific than the previous one I think it looks good
  35. WMAnon Member

Okay, can you translate it into Turkish for us?
  36. SeenTheLight Member

37. WMAnon Member

That's not the kind of flyer they were asking for