Customize

Translation of ExScientologyKids texts

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by Ann O'Nymous, Mar 23, 2008.

1. anonangl Member

Re: Translation of ExScientologyKids texts

I'm working on my fluency on both so I can try to make a vid for next month. I've simply been too busy this month and have never done 1 before. I guess I need to get with some of our vid anons after the 12th. one of the things I learned in my ASL class is that if you put a group of deaf people in a room they learn to communicate with others from other countries quicker than hearing people. I think a lot of the signs are the same, but haven't researched it yet. I'll start that research this week and also see if I can't put some feelers out on a few deaf boards I'm on. Thanks for the idea, been mulling it over for the last few days and kicking myself in my booty for not thinking of it sooner, lol. I'll be sure to also put a transcript in the description. I'll post it here then so if others want to do translations they can. *hugs* to you all and thank you for all the hard work you do.
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

I seconds this. Having a rather simple message in signs language would be nice.

And we could all learn how to sign "Anonymous" ! Would be nice on the videos. OSA could imagine that we have some form of chase/war code underways...
  3. anonangl Member

The only drawback is I will have to show my face. I'll be contacting Tory, WBM, Lerma, etc. for ideas on possible disguises that won't interfere. I did some research and it looks like ASL was the base for a lot of the sign languages.There are a few exceptions, such as British Sign Language. I'm having fun learning about the various languages.
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

I am not an expert, but I can imagine ways to protect your identity (e.g. partial mask that would let your mouth visible - while allowing you to get the message through.
  5. anonangl Member

Most likely I'll be investing in a wig and some makeup. You use a lot of facial expressions, including the eyes, in sign. It's actually a pretty complex language, part of why I feel it should receive second language credit in college. I'm not gonna panic about it, just gonna get some research done s I can do a really good video. I do live near a very small mission, so I don't feel so worried about it. If I lived in Clearwater or LA it'd be another story.
    Angl
  6. indeedindeed Member

i'm happy to anounce that Fleischmann has completed a first draft of Richard's Scientology Story as a german translation! Thanks a lot for the great work!

My completion of Astra's translation draft is taking longer than expected, but im really confident a first draft will be out before may. right now we are finalizing a german version of Kendra's story for submittance to ESK, if everything works as planned it should be sent there no later than april 24th.

update: Kendra's story has been sent to ESK, there was a confirmation mail saying they'll put it up as soon as they can. A first draft for Astra's story is now available in the german subforum.