Customize

Tony Ortega to pursue a book proposal about Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Doubt they are online. Somebody will have to physically go and get them.
  2. Anonymous Member

What I'm wondering is why Mahty or Mike haven't made one comment about Tony since he left. I'm not talking about just favorable words or tributes. There's not one word at all - not bad, not good, nothing.

It's obvious that they all had a symbiotic relationship stretching back for many years. Tony benefited from their info to break the news to the world. And they most certainly benefited from Tony giving them a place to slam DM and organized scientology.

But now M&M go stone cold silent about Tony? When everyone else have been giving him his rightful props?

In this case, the silence speaks for itself. They either agree with it or - osa, osa, osa - they had something to do with it.

I have no idea why that would be. Maybe Mahty didn't like Tony's review of his book. Maybe it's because something Tony said didn't agree with Mahty's continued fucked-up belief in scientology. Maybe they cut some deal with Tobin and Childs to cut Tony out of the picture because they were tired of getting scooped (badass PI story notwithstanding). Or maybe it's because M&M are just royal douches.

As Tony resurfaces, maybe he can shed more light on this. Because it sure looks like M&M won't.
  3. Random guy Member

Considering there are some indications the incestous creep Bruce McMahan may be behind it, there may just not be anything for them to comment on. Not everything is about scientology.
  4. jensting Member

or maybe it's M&M's way of deflecting attention away from any collaboration going on right now with Tony Ortega.
  5. Anonymous Member

Oh FFS, put down the tinfoil and lift the mahty-hatred blinders from your eyes so that you can see the blatantly obvious.

Tortega's letter to his former staff specifically mentions "Mike and Christine" in reference to pursueing a book deal. HELLO Rinder. Whatever it is Tony does next, M&M will obviously be smack dab in the middle of it.

Tortega opted to put his head down, lay low and run the gauntlet from wage slave to freelance author in radio silence. (Smart move on his part considering how media outlets LOVE to hate on each other in addition to the unexpected backlash response one ALWAYS gets when you quit your job to do your own thang.) So anyone close to Tony or in his circle of confidence, would of course follow his lead and likewise go into radio silence. Duh.

M&M always needed Tony's venue a lot more than he needed them. A love/hate relationship in that corner has been obvious for awhile if you paid attention to the M&M stories Tony broke with closely guarded comments quoted from the mahty camp vs. the retreads in celeb monger outlets when a shitstorm broke loose and suddenly M&M got a lot more chatty dishing up better comments. So M&M would be PR idiots to not respect Tortega's radio silence. And since their whole game is all about spinning hyped up PR wheels to keep the propaganda engine turning, the one thing they are not idiots on is PR and working their mouthpieces.

So had they said something in Tony's regard and NOT gone stone cold silent - that would of been a shock.

Besides, there would nothing gained from it on their part. After the TomKat shenanigans, the list of reporters calling them has likely grown substantially. So why should they waste their time stroking a reporter who no longer has an affiliated media outlet? /facepalm
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

From Facebook:

Tony Ortega shared a link via Tony Ortega.

12 minutes ago

Wow, what a story coming out of Texas this week that reveals Scientology leader David Miscavige paid something like $12 million over the last 24 years to have two ex-cops watch his old rival, Pat Broeker. And now, those two private eyes are suing Miscavige and the church! Take a look at the story I wrote about it at the biggest newspaper in Texas, the Dallas Morning News!

Texas lawsuit: Scientology leader paid private investigators millions to monitor former rival - The Dallas Morning News

“It’s a multi-state action, and I would expect that Scientology might answer by trying to move it somewhere else or taking it to federal court,” Jeffrey said. He filed a preliminary version of the lawsuit on July 29, and a more detailed amended complaint on Thursday. The church has until Oct. 1 to make an answer.

"Tony Ortega is a New York freelance writer."

www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20120923-texas-lawsuit-scientology-leader-paid-private-investigators-millions-to-monitor-former-rival.ece
    • Like Like x 4
  7. anonysamvines Member

8. Anonymous Member

Nice!
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

From Ortega's "About" page on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tony-Ortega/196428147077253?sk=info
    From his new Twitter Account:
    https://twitter.com/TonyOrtega94

Our Scientology news coverage drug dealer is bak!
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Random guy Member

In todays world, being an expert expert freelance writer on the cult may actually work. Go Tony!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. lostatsea Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

13. Anonymous Member

Tony O - smart move to leave the company ten days before the split! You don't want to be bossed around by the Wicked Witch of the West, aka Christine Brennan. We get it! Looking forward to the book.
  14. Anonymous Member

Well, you contradict yourself already. Tony published an article in Dallas Morning News, two days after leaving the VV. It was pretty clear who he was getting his info from - M&M. He has a well established relationship with them, he understands Scientology. What, do you think Marty wants to talk to other media morons that know nothing of Scientology and then get things wrong in print or on TV? This symbiotic relationship Tony and M&M had will most likely continue.
  15. Anonymous Member

Agreed. But the main problem with M&M is that they are ginormous fuktards full of contradictions to begin with. It can be hard to pin down a piece of shit for an accurate assessment when the bullshit runs that deep.
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

18. Enturbulette Member

I'm going to put this here because whenever I start a new thread properly in a forum it never sees the light of day here on "What's New". Guess I just don't have the requisite faggotdust. Grousing over - here's the news:

VILLAGE VOICE DROPPING CONTROVERSIAL BACKPAGE SITE

Sept 24 (Reuters) - Village Voice Media (VVM) will split off from its controversial Backpage.com online advertising site and create a new company for its struggling chain of alternative weekly newspapers and websites, VVM president Scott Tobias said.

Backpage, which critics say facilitates sex trafficking through its "adult" classified section, has been the focus of an increasingly aggressive campaign in recent months to pressure advertisers to drop their accounts with the company, resulting in the departure of dozens of national and local advertisers, according to interviews and documents provided by activists in two cities.

more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...8347.html?utm_hp_ref=technology&ir=Technology
  19. Anonymous Member

Strangely enough scientology is still advertising in a VV publication in our city. Maybe they didn't get the memo...
  20. Enturbulette Member

no doubt they'll eventually find out by reading here.
  21. Anonymous Member

Confirmation in a post by Marty on his blog that scientology cost Tony Ortega his job. The following dox are from postings on his blog and ESMB:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28579-Nooooooooooo!!!!!&p=731014#post731014

First is a comment in response to someone posting a link to tonyortega.xxx:

martyrathbun09 | September 26, 2012 at 9:03 am | Reply
    Miscavige would be well advised to take these propaganda sites down now that they have cost Tony his job. I may post on this to clarify further.

How would Marty know? There is also is a pic of Tony with Mosey posted today by Karen De La Carriere - meaning Tony O is currently with Marty and Mosey:

Tony with Mosey today ~~~
    Mosey.jpg
  22. RightOn Member

very curious indeed
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

According to Mahty Tony was fair gamed by the cult. Big surprise.

Tony looks good though :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Curioser and curioser...

I'll wait until I hear from the horse's mouth. I trust Marty about as far as I can throw him. Tony doesn't have the track record some of us have had with Marty, so may be less inclined to suspicion.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

And here's even more from Marty. Sounds like a big meeting at his place and they are looking at/threatening a suit:

martyrathbun09 | September 26, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Reply
    If I were Miscavige right now, I’d get those libelous websites on Tony down asap and lawyer up. Ray Jeffrey, and two other lawyers, two private investigators, and Tony Ortega spent the day at Casablanca yesterday. Miscavige is dot connecting like an old switchboard operator on crystal meth at the moment; as he should be.
  26. Anonymous Member

And TonyO gave Marty the okay to post that "truth," uh huh. Right after Tony O got audited right? While he was still hypnotized? Sure.

Bruce McMahon fucked his daughter.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

And if Marty is correct- he is a retard. He just had to post it as a comment/scoop because he "knew first."
    As I predicted bullshit.

Also, Bruce McMahan still fucked his daughter.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

I think you summarized the situation about right, LOL.
    Tony is a reporter, surely he is in Texas reporting a story.
    As for fair-gaming, yep, Scientology did have nasty sites on Tony, but haven't anyone noticed that the Village Voice 13 papers just got sold and now have a new owner and a new executive editor? I'd say Tony's leaving the VV has more to do with the reshuffling in the company and the new bosses than with Scientology.
  29. Anonymous Member

Hey, I'll be the classy one.
    Bruce McMahan married his daughter. After he fucked her.
  30. Anonymous Member

You got that right.
  31. Anonymous Member

Agreed!!!!!!!!
  32. Anonymous Member

Nothing is preventing Tony from opening his own blog, separate from the Village Voice, while he is working on his book. I bet the VV just lost several thousands readers because they no longer have a Scientology blog.
    In any event....can't wait to see what brilliant stuff VV will come up with now that Tony is no longer the editor.
  33. Anonymous Member

"Incestuous creep Bruce McMahan is responsible for Tony Ortega leaving the Voice".

It's pretty funny the way you put it.

Anyway, I doubt McMahan is behind anything, apart from lame smearing websites. "Daddy's Girl" is probably what got Tony the job as the editor of the Voice in the first place. I mean he was an editor in Broward county, the smallest paper in the chain, and then just six months after he breaks the "Bruce McMahan fucked his daughter" story, he gets the biggest job in the chain - editor of the Village Voice.
  34. Anonymous Member

Can anybody find out how Bruce McMahan became so rich? I mean his decision making process is missing a few screws. Let me remind you - he sued Linda, not the other way around. He sued her in court. Publicly. Somebody smarter at this stage would have done something completely different. He probably would have asked: "Dear Linda, how many billions can I give you to keep your mouth shut?". Instead, during the legal proceedings she gave a recorded deposition, confirming the relationship and giving all the dirty details. What a moron.
    So back to my original question - is he a self made man? He managed to build an empire with these brains? Or inherited all his money from his daddy?
  35. Anonymous Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  36. In a recent photo, He's wearing their bracelet. He pwned them. And has the name, the connections and the balls to keep it coming... Viva Ortega!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  37. Anonymous Member

Amen to that.
    And have you heard about Bruce McMahan the incestuous creep that fucked his daughter and then sued her? Well, he did! LOL
  38. Anonymous Member

What, Bruce McMahon?! Isn't he a philanthropist? His own daughter? Nooooo
  39. Anonymous Member

I just read that the incestuous philanthropist married for the sixth time and has a baby boy. I mean yuck! He really can't keep it in his pants. And what's with all the marrying? I mean here is a man who is not afraid to commit.
  40. Anonymous Member

Is it just me, or is this thread getting really bizarre?
    • Agree Agree x 1