Customize

Tom's Next Mission; Katie's Tortured Life; Nicole Escaped

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Kha Khan, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Kha Khan Member

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Tom's Next Mission; Katie's Tortured Life; Nicole Escaped

Just wondering, is anything coming out of a tabloid like this at all reliable, or is it all basically made up?
  3. Kha Khan Member

The description of Scientology beliefs and practices is accurate.

/
  4. BLiP Member

yummy! moar!
  5. Vir Member

That depends very much on the tabloid. There are some celebrity/tabloid magazines which have the same journalistic standards as any newspaper, but there are also those who just make shit up out of thin air. German celebrity magazines, for example, have a tradition of just making shit up, leaving the serious celebrity reporting to the newspapers and news magazines like Stern or Der Spiegel. In most other countries, there are plenty of rumors being reported (some which turn out to be true, others which turn out to be false), but if they claim to have a source they usually don't lie about that. The reliability of that source is another question - and we can't evaluate that without knowing who the source is. Sometimes, the source is a publicist or even the celebrity themselves.
  6. JohnnyRUClear Member

Turtle_Om_Nom_Nom.jpg
  7. Re: Tom's Next Mission; Katie's Tortured Life; Nicole Escaped

Bear in mind, this piece was an interview with Amy. Her former Scn status is not in dispute, except by the cult. Her testimony thus carries credibility.

Additionally, as mention earlier ITT, the situations Amy describes ate entirely in-keeping with what we know of Sci practices.

So while Tabloids do exaggerate, and sometimes make shit up (some more than others, for example the National Enquirer), this article has a ring of credibility
  8. Vir Member

Depends on who the other, anonymous, source is. It would be stupid of Amy to be that anonymous source in an article which also contains on-the-record statements from herself, but yes, it's quite likely that Amy or somebody else could vouch for the credibility of the source.

Of course, if the source is a family member of Katie's, a known friend of Katie or Katie herself, then we'd be talking major news. Well, as far as celebrities goes anyway.
  9. Sponge Member

When they quote a real person it is obviously more believable.
    When they say "our source tells us" then I suppose it is anybody's guess as to the ratio of truth to embelishment. There is usually some truth rooted in there regardless.
    When you have a combination of the two, somtimes the named sourced is used to bolster the unamed source but they can get a little carried away with it somtimes, although I think we can assume that all is not normal in the Cruise household ;).
  10. Re: Tom's Next Mission; Katie's Tortured Life; Nicole Escaped

The question is, can a tabloid actually make up half the shit that comes out of scientology?
  11. Re: Tom's Next Mission; Katie's Tortured Life; Nicole Escaped

Exactly. The old "truth is stranger than fiction" adage. Once you start digging on these guys it is close to unbelivable all the goings on of the CULT. And what is more unbelievable is that nobody has put a stop to it yet.
  12. AuntAnonymous Member

I look into Katie's face and see a tortured human being.
    Suppressed and depressed.

Pics don't lie regardless of who publishes them.
  13. Don Carlo Member

If Katie is still sneaking cigarettes (so she is fully addicted) but being mostly forbidden to smoke, this explains her morose expression. It would be easier to either totally quit, or make her own choices about her nicotine addiction.

The 60 minutes TV investigation show talked about Snus, a tobacco pounch like a small tea bag (it's almost unnoticeable next to the gums, the user swallows the spit and its 99% safer than smoking), which some addicts prefer to patches or lozenges, when they are in a place where they can't smoke. Some have completely stopped smoking and only do Snus, if they are too addicted to fully quit. Katie could try this product if she was allowed to WATCH 60 minutes or shop for herself.
  14. Anonymous Member

Be careful about using photographs to look into someone's soul.
    A photograph is tiny fraction of a second snapshot, with no context.
    Given the opportunity, I bet I could take enough pictures of the happiest moment in someones life and produce one that makes them look like the most miserable cunt on the planet. (excuse my french, Aunt),
  15. Kha Khan Member

Even leaving aside Katie, two things I found interesting:

First, in the sidebar "Tom's Next Mission," that Tom Cruise is:
    The sidebar goes on to mention that:
    Secondly, in the sidebar "Nicole Escaped," that:
  16. Sponge Member

^TC is going to tour Europe sucking volcanic ash up is arshole like a big scinocelebrity vacuum cleaner.

btw, here's an article critical of the Star magazine report:
    Tab “Tortures” Katie Holmes With False Allegations | gossipcop.com
    It doesn't seem to attempt to rubbish Amy Scobee's claims, mainly the "our source tells us" ones.
  17. Anonymous Member

It's pretty hard to tell, even if you analyze it well.
  18. Django Member

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^
  19. Anonymous Member

Purification Rundown - Icelandic detox alert.
  20. iaxiloll Member

^^^Django beat me to it.
  21. potrezebie Member

Saw that too. I give points for mentioning purif.

Earlier in the article they mention Katie doing the vitamins and barley water.

If this is a tabloid fabrication, they at least did their damn homework.

IMO, I file this under win.
  22. Rockyj Member

heh..Maybe he can use his "scinocelebrity vacuum clearner" to clean up giant oil
    spill in Gulf too!

Must be STAR's scilon issue Kirstie Alley's before & after PICs on cover too.
  23. iaxiloll Member

24. Re: Tom's Next Mission; Katie's Tortured Life; Nicole Escaped

what are the odds if i want to place a bet on tC leaving by the end of the year? Talk money not shit.
  25. Sponge Member

Yeah how about that? Why isn't he commandeering the Freewinds with a bunch of Yellowshirts and using it's new "boatse tech" to suck up the oil? Fucking slackers. They could use Krusty Alley to swim with the whales and blow off under the oil slick to disperse it, or mop it all up with one of her dresses.

Sorry, back on topic...
  26. Bipolart Member

I hear a ring of truth in this article. While some parts (sources) might be questionable, the weird stuff she has to do definitely sounds like $cientology. Dressing in a particular order? THAT is effed up.
  27. Keyumdi Member

I don't care about those two people. I hope they both catch a dose of crabs in Iceland and spend the rest of their lives trying to audit them away.
  28. Random guy Member

His problem is that he is trying to better the image of the cult at the same time. Eurofags are not going buy the purification hogwash, we know vulcanic ash is not particularly dangerous. Tom Cruise coming to Euroland trying to cure a problem that isn't there to begin with with cult mumbo-jumbo, oooo, I really hope he tries.
  29. Goosh Goosh Member

while i think tabloid magazines are among the lowest scum in the journalistic field (a term i am using lightly), this sounds like the shit scilons do

as someone said above, if this is tabloid fabrication at worst or moonbat speculation at next-to-worst, they definitely did their homework, which is a win either way
  30. Anonymous Member

i think that somebody is trying to promote their book, but that the book will not actually have anything really juicy in it.
  31. Anonymous Member

you would be surprised how many stories that the National Enquirer actually breaks months before it hits the reputable publications.
  32. Anonymous Member

I don't see anything new being said in this article that has not already been speculated about....

also, what people have said about a photograph snapped in one half second of a moment is not an absolute indicator of an individual's entire frame of mind...especially if you think of how many different thoughts and feelings you experience at any given time...
  33. Goosh Goosh Member

... go on
  34. Anonymous Member

Goosh, it's true.... National Enquirer's batting average of total bullshit versus grain of truth explosive story is actually pretty decent. you can go about asking gossip luvers.

oh wells, everybody's gots two have sum kind of hobbie, even if it is living vicariously.
  35. Rockyj Member

LMOF! I swear I need to stop reading these threads @ work! Staff must think I'm looney cracking up all the time by myself in my office (BTW I am actually working I just like to check in now & then).
  36. LocalSP Member

^^^This^^^
  37. Holl Anon Member

38. JohnnyRUClear Member

Protesting too much: you is doing it.
  39. Anonymous Member

I enjoyed this comment to that article:

" 18.

Brad's an atheist. I'm not surprised that a skeptic would have rejected Scientology. They start off fairly convincing… you're the power in your life, etc. But then they get into the hokey SciFi crap and anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together realizes it's bullshit.
    But then, it's certainly no stupider than believing that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree."
  40. Anonymous Member

I enjoyed this one