Customize

Tommy Davis videos being pulled

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by BodyThetanKilla, Jan 13, 2009.

1. 13Heathens Member

Re: Tommy Davis videos being pulled

The irony is that I'd only planned to add one video to my "Dianetics audio book talks back" series this week.. Then I got the DMCA notice.. I've released 5 already, with more on the way.

They really need to learn to stop pissing me off.. It only makes me more productive.

Update;

Well YT sent me a form letter - essentially file or fuck off. How nice.. I sent the following request;

This may get interesting.
  2. themadhair Member

They seem to do that a lot. Has anyone any way around this because namefagging isn't an option for some.
  3. Vir Member

^^^ Designate a namefag as your copyright agent. Said namefag needs to be fully aware of what they're counterclaiming for, so they don't file counterclaims for stuff which was rightfully DMCA'd.
  4. The Shadow Member

JESUS H FUCKING CHRIST!!

Ollie pulling videos with his own photo and name in them, using his own details? He sort of had a point, but he was being a cunt.

Filing a copyright claim on a BBC DOCUMENTARY, claiming his name is Gary Scarff when his email address clearly states his name as 'Dr Oliver Schaper', and mixing false details with his own?!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! Ollie, I wasn't sure even YOU were that stupid, but I take my slouch hat off to you.

Enjoy your jail time, there is no WAY you can wriggle out of this one

13heathens, PLEASE send everything you have to Eva Galperin at the EFF (eva AT eff DOT org). I'll do a quick email to her now just to fill her in, she knows me from Ollie's last antics. BUT with a footbullet this large, she's bound to be able to do something more substancial.

Also, anyone who had a video taken down by 'Gary Scarff' (or Scarf with one 'f' as it was until we pointed out the mis-spelling here on WWP), let Eva Galperin know and send her the links. We have proof that Ollie took some down as Gary Scarff, we can tie them all to him probably.
  5. themadhair Member

You do realise that any yin-yang with access to a proxy and a disposable email could have filed that?
  6. The Shadow Member

No, it was Ollie. It bears all his hallmarks, including the poor spelling.

13heathens, I assume you blanked Ollie's email address (the '@theschapercompany.com' one) so as not to get told off by the mods for 'doxing' him, would you please make sure that you give this email address to Eva at the EFF. Last time we had trouble with him, she emailed him on the account he had at that time and gave him a stern lecture about not misusing DMCA. I think she'll want to get him on his new email address when she goes after him this time...
  7. 13Heathens Member

actually I hadn't the 'doxing' thing hadn't occurred to me. I'll contact eva.
  8. Re: Tommy Davis videos being pulled

Cool. All this counterclaiming is bullshit IMO. Letting the media/EFF/blogosphere know is the way to go.

People care about online censorship and freedom of speech. If we can get the oxygen of publicity on the fire, the blaze it'll quickly turn into will force Youtube to become a bit more responsible in the way that they're dealing with these requests.
  9. 0815 Member

I don't want to piss in your cornflakes but I checked out his know websites and there is an interesting statement posted. Looks like it's been there for a couple of days. It's on acos.tv and peephole.tv
    Also seems that he might be getting ready to relaunch a website at peephole.
  10. thetanmonger Member

can't the EFF or someone put a suit against this asshole he doesnt own the content and whatever we don't own is considered fair use at a certain point in the production.
  11. Anonynamefag Member

WOAH GUYS, HOLD IT.

Do we know for SURE that this is Ollie? This could be OSA using his name to get us to focus on him instead of them.

Not that I don't doubt it was him. Just throwing that out there.
  12. 0815 Member

Does it really matter?
  13. themadhair Member

Well....yeah.
  14. AnonLover Member

gregg's takedown notices on Church0fScientology also used Scarff's name in vein. perhaps he should be contacting eva at EFF as well? Also - smurff himself too, just to officially state the real Gary Scarff aint the one doing it.

plus too - think bigger targets... this all out blatant & ongoing abuse of YT's stupid DMCA practice might just be enough for EFF to get on YT's shit as well.
  15. 0815 Member

Just fuck him for the lulz.
  16. The Shadow Member

Posted on Schaper's sites:

** IMPORTANT EMAIL ACCOUNT INFORMATION **

Tustin, Jan. 12, 2009

Ladies and Gentleman:

We have been informed by authorities that currently fraudulent emails being circulated which appear to be send from acos.tv, peephole.tv or theschapercompany.com email accounts. Please be advised that our email account server have been compromised by an unknown third-party for unauthorized use and in order to restore security we decided to shut-down all email accounts and issued new account passwords to all authorized users only (please check your text-messages for the new passwords). We regret to inform you that we have closed the @theschapercompany.com accounts without further notice for members of the Schaper-Family name for security reasons. All emails will be automatically routed to your secondary email address for a limited time.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will inform you with further updates. Our billing and payment servers are not affected from this action and remain fully operational.
    If you have any concerns or questions in regards to our measures, please contact us at: Kevin.Cha@acos.tv

Sincerely,

Kevin Cha
    ACOS Broadcasting Corp.
    Network and Transmission Security

THAT FAT LYING SACK OF SHIT!

This is him covering his ass. "We have been informed by the authorities", how would the authorities know about it before them?! Surely THEY would realise something was wrong and THEY would then inform the authorities. This stinks to high heaven, it's all too convenient.

I KNOW Schaper filed that DCMA, it has the same poor spelling and grammar, it has all of his hallmarks. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote that disclaimer on his sites, notice the improper grammar I highlighted....
  17. The Shadow Member

Jesus christ......
    m.

I've got him.

I'VE FUCKING GOT HIM!!

Guess what I still had stored safely in my email account?

A copy of the takedown notice he issued over the videos we did about him.

To: copyright@youtube.com
    Date: Sep, 9/12/2008 10:57
    Subject: DMCA Copyright violation notice
    Ticket Id: 334972909
    Queue: Copyright - Escalations
    Show original

Copyright Owner: ACOS Broadcasting Corp.

Full Legal Name: Dr. Oliver Schaper

Title or Job Position: CEO

Address: 1100 Irvine Blvd, #844, Tustin, CA 92780, US

Email Address:
    os@acos.tv

Phone:
    714-552-9138

Describe the work allegedly infringed:

A personal photograph (see screen shots) has been stolen and used without permission or authorization within this video in violation with California Copyright and Privacy laws. This videos has been flagged and been removed before several times in the last couple of days and this user is re-uploading it to your platform. No authorization, permission or any type of right, including fair use right have been given to the video producer.

NO FAIR USE APPLIES TO PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHS. The theft of the photo is also being investigated by Tustin PD – Case #08-6526

Please Note: This video has been made available on YouTube in -3- different versions:

<SNIP>

IN I ADDITION REQUEST THE USER TO BE BANNED FROM YOUTUBE.

I state UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that:

I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and

This notification is accurate.

I understand that abuse of this tool will result in termination of my YouTube account.

Authorized Signature: Dr. Oliver Schaper

--

Dr. Oliver Schaper
    Co-Founder and President Business Development

ACOS Broadcasting Corporation
    P.O. Box 3994
    Tustin, California 92781, United States of America
    Email: os@acos | ACOS Broadcasting Corp. - Radio & Television Networks
    Phone: 714-552-9138 Fax: 319-937-1581 Main: 641-982-5111

Does the bit I highlighted look familiar? It should do, BECAUSE IT'S EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME AS IN THE ONE THAT 13HEATHENS RECIEVED.

IN I ADDITION REQUEST THE USER TO BE BANNED FROM YOUTUBE.
    >
    >
    > *I state UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that:
    >
    > I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an
    > exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.*
    >
    > I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner
    > complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the
    > law; and
    >
    > This notification is accurate.

SUICIDE BY COPYPASTA :D

Ollie, if you're reading this, you fucked up. You fucked up bad, and you may as well turn yourself in. That bullshit 'server hack' story will not hold water, they will be able to confirm that you sent those emails. You lost.
  18. themadhair Member

Playing devils advocate here, but was it confirmed that the original takedowns were filed by him?
  19. LRonAnon Member

erm, from mail maybe.

[x] = state UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that:

I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and

This notification is accurate.
  20. Anonynamefag Member

Shadow... what you're saying is they are identical, right?
    Because that is major TL;DR.
  21. The Shadow Member

Yeah, we confirmed that the ones about him were being pulled by him. The copy of the DMCA claim we got was filed under his own name etc, it was when he was specifically claiming that we were using his private photo without permission.
  22. 0815 Member

Don't get your hopes up because you posted this email several times. You made sure that his defense lawyer gets a hard on noa. YOU UNDERSTAND NOW WHY YOU SHOULD THINK BEFORE YOU POST?

You posted it online and with his actions he created enough reasonable doubt to walk away from this. THANKS SHADOW - ANOTHER WIN FOR YOU
  23. 0815 Member

And you posted the information all over WWP - r'memba?
    It took me a bit of lurking and I found your post bitching about being video raped. By posting it in public, you provided access to anybody and gave him a free ticket.
  24. themadhair Member

The first post 0815 made all day that I agree with.
  25. abattoir13 Member

faceplam.jpeg . . .
  26. 0815 Member

Thank you Master.
  27. 13Heathens Member

Final Update;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIt9-tBkJEc]YouTube - Dissection of CBS and NBC interviews w/ Scientology Spokesperson[/ame]

COS can kiss my ass!

There's about another 7 pages of assorted text which I've omitted here.
    Thanks to everyone that helped out on this (there were quite a few)
  28. BlooAnon Member

You see that? 13Heathens is clear! Congratulations! *cheer* *flail*

But really, congrats on getting your stuff back up. Fantastic! I'll watch your new vids later. ^^
  29. Re: Tommy Davis videos being pulled

Yeay! My videos were restored this morning too :)
  30. Nataku Member

31. moose Member

what a coincidence; I got the same letter! a few months ago.

it probably is on WWP somewhere.
  32. moose Member

0815 = OLLIE, OSA, TOMMY, or SPY
  33. 0815 Member

Shit you got me and I assume you want to take custody of DM, OSA and the rest of Co$???? And yes, I work for the GERMAN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY and spy on Anonymous to make sure we pay you from our revenue on psychotic drugs.

Moose, you are just an idiot. Do you really think OSA needs to register here to know what is going on? Why do you think we have so many unregistered visitors here?
    So go fuck yourself and you better don't meet me IRL
  34. Lednir Member

I may have missed something, but to me it seems shadow's statement, if a bit exaggerated, seems legit. How many people put "In I addition"? Seems like the sort of thing that'd be quickly edited out of a standard template.

If I'm being an idiot, feel free to troll me.
  35. The Shadow Member

That's part of my point, that particular sentence was obviously written by Ollie and not part of a template. The mix-up of the words and the fact that it was done in capslock points to him.

While I accept what people have said about me posting things in the open, the fact of the matter is that the copypasta from the one we KNOW he did proves that he did this one. The evidence is in the emails to Youtube, and all this 'email server hacked' bullshit will not save him because the authorities will be able to tell from the IPs the emails were sent from that it was him (assuming he was stupid enough not to use proxies and use his own machines, and this is Ollie we're talking about).

I also find it hugely coincidental that after a couple of weeks of 'Gary Scarff' takedowns, Schaper's 'email server hacked' cover story appears at the same time that 13heathens gets a full copy of the DMCA claim. It is OBVIOUSLY a cover. That message reads like it was written by Ollie, oh and BTW, as far as the guy who's name is on the message goes, if he isn't made up by Ollie, then he is a co-conspirator.

Two things need to happen now:

Tustin Anons should go to the authorities.

13heathens, you need to get a namefagged Anon to help you with a DMCA counter-claim. This needs to be followed through so that we can get Ollie to court
  36. 13Heathens Member

The request I submitted was for restoration of all the videos removed as part of the questionable DMCA , and clearing of all involved accounts.
  37. 0815 Member

Tustin Anons have not delivered since September
  38. moose Member

this is what he had send me a while ago. last part is copy/pasta
  39. 0815 Member

Same format used again this time. But could be a copypasta job.