Customize

Tommy Davis spoke with John Peeler last night

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by chrisanon, Jun 23, 2009.

1. JohnnyRUClear Member

Re: Tommy Davis spoke with John Peeler last night

DM called; he said to keep up the great work ITT.
  2. Re: Tommy Davis spoke with John Peeler last night

THIS. You do not have to be dumb/stupid/idiotic to fall for a cult, just vulnerable. I've witnessed intelligent people get duped myself, because the cults (not Sci, in this case) prey on their weaknesses and the weird shit doesn't go down right away. It's fucking terrifying to watch and frustrating to try and point out the warning signs, especially when the person is caught up in the honeymoon period when the cult can do no wrong in their eyes and is, to them, not a cult at all.
  3. Anonymous Member

Is this the new excuse for ignorance, like "I'm a hockey mom...". :confused:
  4. Anonymous Member

Hi, I'm Rick Astley's agent. He would like to speak to Mr. Davis. Please let me know what the number is and Rick will be calling straight away.
  5. Smurf Member

I'm soooo happy that John did this. I left 17 messages on TD's cell this morning and got a call back only after TD learned I spoke to members of the family voicing my concerns for his welfare.

I have confirmed from several people that Tommy has also been on the receiving end of DM's physical abuse, and Tommy has assaulted others... the cycle of abuse continues in the cult.

Members of Tommy's family are very concerned about his health, particularly after hearing tapes ranting & raving in response to the SP Times interviews.. he is slowly losing it and the pressure to perform & living up to the criminal dwarf's expectations is taking its toll on him. I've very concerned as is family members in Scientology and on his dad's side that are not in the cult.

Thanks very much John for offering to assist him as a friend. He's too entrenched in playing the same usual, evil agenda that has reigned for years, and too mindfucked to see that DM is using him. And it's very well-known that DM doesn't personally like TD.

The drama continues...
  6. Oswald2001 Member

Anybody can be vulnerable enough to end up in a cult.

Anybody.

If you don't think so, it's just because you haven't been there...yet.

It is not uncommon for people to tend to believe that they are stronger than they really are. This, when in fact, the truth is that Life has been relatively gentle with them.

"There, but for the Grace of God, go I."
  7. AnotherMrPink Member

one of the things I truly hope for one day is a picture of Tommy Davis holding up a protest sign outside of Gold one day.

Tommy...we will heckle the crap out of you, but we'll take ya in.
  8. Snake Member

He'll have to do that after all the anal rape he gets from Mudkips Carasov.
  9. Anonymous Member

Actually these self-righteous people have an similarly unrealistic picture of human psychology, as the culties. They think, they were already born so clever, that they would never fall for a cult. While in reality everything you know and your behavior are just a consequence of what you have experienced so far in your live. Calling someone who was raised from childhood in a cult a criminal, is just pathetic.
  10. Mutante Member

Plenty of research demonstrates how much of our social behaviour is influenced more by our genetics than our environment. Maybe some people are born suggestible?
  11. Smurf Member

Mudkips will have to get past this raving queen before that happens.
  12. Snake Member

I've already been informed that she won't want AIDS if you have him first. Stop being greedy dammit and be a gentleman for once!
  13. Namenlos Member

This^^^^

Eurgh, that shit is nasty.

This is very true. I was filming the magazine Catch-22 interviewing an ex-Scilon in London on Saturday, he said he had a Harvard degree.

2 min 16

(Just after she asked who was the leader of Anonymous. We loled.)
  14. BTs2Free Member

My mom got me into Scientology in 1977 when I was 6 years old. I only went to Scientology schools my whole life except for my last year in high school. I joined the Sea Org when I was 18 and my first "post" was President's Secretary CC Int.

I helped recruit Tommy Davis with Karen Hollander when he was thinking about going to college. Instead, he joined the Sea Org.

I worked with Tommy for a while until I went up to Int, and at that time Tommy was a really nice kid and if it hadn't been for me, Mike Gomes and Karen, he would have made a better decision in his life. I've already made a public appology to Tommy for helping him make the wrong decision.

I always felt that Tommy was a personal friend of mine while we were culties together and would always stop by to say hi the times I had the chance to go down to CC Int (which was only a couple of times in the 10 years I was at Int).

The point here though is that Scientology was really all we knew from the time we were kids. Tommy still thinks he's "saving mankind" and that "Scientology is the only hope the world has" He really believes this, just as I did.

I called him because I remember when I was under similar pressures and when I had thoughts of leaving Scientology, if I had known that I had friends out there who would help me, weather it be in terms of money, emotionally or whatever, I would have probably bolted sooner than later.

Hopefully my call to Tommy at least planted a seed of hope for him that things might not be that bad out here in the real world and that he would still have friends. Maybe he'll actually take a look at what he's doing and decide to GTFO of his shitty existence as a cult slave.

He's already done a great job of taking down Scientology with PR footbullets. My hat is off to him for that in itself.

It's just sad for me to see him the way he is now, and I know deep down, this guy is in pain and probably wondering what the fuck is gonna happen to him next.

If you consider me to be a criminal for growing up in a Cult, getting out and speaking out about it for 8 years now, well, you have the right to your opinion.

But honestly, I can't wait for the day when the Scilons lose their tax exempt status and DM is behind bars.

Cheers,
    John
  15. Anonymous Member

indeed

Cheers John :)
  16. exOT8Michael Member

Great post, John P.
    Pity one can't record conversations like that. It would have been epic to hear it.
    Glad you are OUT John.
    TD is a lost cause.
  17. Consensus Member

I'm not totally on board with you on this. There is a lot made of the nature/nurture debate, but I think the debate itself is largely unimportant; what's important is to realize that there is no 'third cause' of behavior. Everything you do is a function of your genetics and your experiences - and it's virtually impossible to separate the two. There is no 'free will' that causes behavior independently of experience and genetics.

When we seek to blame people like Davis or Rathburn for being assholes, we are assuming that free will exists, and assuming that - in the same situation - we'd have behaved 'better.' This is, upon close consideration, absurd.

That doesn't mean that nobody should be held accountable for their actions; but we should consider the social environment. There are two kinds of people in the world: solution-oriented people, and blame-oriented people. I believe it is advantageous to remain solution-oriented.

The blame-oriented person asks 'what sin or crime was committed, and who should be held responsible?' The solution-oriented person asks 'what problem exists, and how do we eliminate the problem?'

The problem, with scientology, is obvious: a social organization exists which takes normal, optimistic, troubled, but caring people and manipulates them into becoming vicious mafia-like criminals. The fact that they are criminals is the most significant point to the blame-oriented person. The fact that the social organization exists is the most significant point to the solution-oriented person.

I would strongly encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the Stanford Prison Experiment. In it, a number of student volunteers were assigned AT RANDOM to be either prisoners or guards in a makeshift prison. Within 24 hours, the experimenter began to observe the same kind of sadistic, evil behavior that occurred in Abu Gahraib and in the RPF. The guards were all assholes, the prisoners were all psychologically traumatized. These weren't psychopaths. The experiment did not perform personality tests and assign the people most likely to be assholes to be guards. This implies that most people, unless they are inoculated against the effect, will be complete and total cocks when the situation demands them to be.

The Milgram experiment is relevant here too.

Now, do genetics play a role in this? Probably - the fact that so many people are inclined to demonstrate these effects suggests that there's an evolutionary cause. You can certainly see how it would be advantageous, in terms of survival and reproductive fitness, to behave socially, as a pack. A degree of conformity and acceptance of social roles is vitally important to that. But that said, it's nothing we can't overcome either - the 'hard coding' of genetics is not fatalistic.
  18. chrisanon Member

Seconded.

Thanks for telling your story ITT, John.

Anyone who thinks s/he's too smart, too country, or too honest to be conned is more deluded than a Scilon.
  19. Re: Tommy Davis spoke with John Peeler last night

Yeah, I've heard that before and it makes sense. In the Sea Org you would often see a nice person on a lower post and then when they got promoted to a higher post, where they were over people, they became a$$holes.
  20. Mutante Member

Sounds like a blank slate argument to me.
  21. Consensus Member

I've cited two studies. You've cited none. I don't think we are blank slates, but I think you're going too far in denying the power of the environment on shaping behavior.

The best case I've read for genetic behavior is The Language Instinct by Pinker - which really just demonstrates we have a genetic propensity towards grammar.

I'm sure you could run studies to determine if some gene codes for 'suggestibility', but I have my doubts you'll discover it. Scientology draws in many people of diverse genetic backgrounds, while the common traits between them tend to be social.
  22. chrisanon Member

I wouldn't say any of these professors makes a blank slate argument, but I'd be very interested in what you think.

In addition to the seminal Milgram and Zimbardo studies, I'd suggest Robert Sutton's great book The No Asshole Rule.

I think Sutton's the first Stanford professor to use the word Asshole in a book title.
  23. Anon-007 Member

You mean like Mods on website forums?

;)
  24. Consensus Member

I absolutely believe that's the same effect, though far less dramatically.

The whole idea of describing moderators as janitors is precisely meant to undercut the effect. They're not prison wardens; they clean up the forums. Janitors don't become arrogant tyrannical totalitarian assholes. Not the way wardens do, anyhow.
  25. Re: Tommy Davis spoke with John Peeler last night

Now whole track prison wardens..... you really gotta watch out for them.