Customize

Tom Tobin, St Pete Times on NIGHTLINE 2 Night Scientology Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2009.

1. voiceless849 Member

Re: Tom Tobin, St Pete Times on NIGHTLINE 2 Night Scientology Story

The "Free Zone" primarily takes issue with the fact that Organized Scientology is "squirrelling the tech" and is altering the scripture of Scientology. But this doesn't change the fact that many of the atrocities of Scientology stem from policy that requires it.

Hubbard did write that you should only attack, never defend. He wrote the policy of disconnection, and the policy of Fair Game. He described anyone who ever questioned Scientology as a "Degraded Being". The Free Zone is just as susceptible to these weaknesses as any other Scientologist.

There's no "good side" to this equation. it's just dark and more dark.. There are no truly "good Scientologists".
  2. voiceless849 Member

I'm an ex. Nobody who leaves Scientology is in a "healthy state of mind". it takes YEARS to straighten up, if you are strong. Don't expect honor from an ex, especially a recent ex. They have to deal with terrible, humiliating and debasing things that hopefully you never will.

I've been asked to contain kidnap victims against their will. I declined, but what if I had said yes? Questions like this haunt me, despite the many years that have passed.

Ex-Scilons, especially recent ex-Scilons, are damaged goods. Treat them as such.
  3. WTF Member

Big paintbrush you are using thar.
  4. Anonymous Member

Re: What Marty and Friends have to say about Nightline Day 2

It's too bad Bashir didn't focus some attention on LRH and what a charlatan and liar he was. These free zoners know that "attacking religion" is a bad bad thing, so they can bitch about it and not sound like lunatics. I'd love to see their true crazyass colors come out when someone goes after Hubbard.
  5. Anonymous Member

OMG, sorry for reposting this over and over. My computer kept giving me this "BAD GATEWAY" message. I did not know this was going through!
  6. Re: What Marty and Friends have to say about Nightline Day 2

No.

The only people who thnk that there is any "diversity" in the freezone are other 'zoners.

They are all older, white, middle or upper-class, [strike]ex-scientologists[/strike] declared independant scientologists who think that: "LRH is good, DM is bad, and everyone is a squrrel except me."

The only "diversity" is whatever off-source woo-woo crap that each individual or group happens to be into, because there's no centralized 'zoner equivalant to a C/S or Ethics Officer to stamp it out.

The freezone is an echochamber, quit pretending otherwise.
  7. WTF Member

Perhaps you missed the server-lag multiple posts of the guy I was replying to. Here, let me copy it again for you:

It's too bad Bashir didn't focus some attention on LRH and what a charlatan and liar he was. These free zoners know that "attacking religion" is a bad bad thing, so they can bitch about it and not sound like lunatics. I'd love to see their true crazyass colors come out when someone goes after Hubbard.

They are all older, white, middle or upper-class, ex-scientologists who think that: "LRH is good, DM is bad, and everyone is a squrrel except me."

The only "diversity" is whatever off-source woo-woo crap that each individual or group happens to be into, because there's no centralized 'zoner equivalant to a C/S or Ethics Officer to stamp it out.

If you look back at my reply and compare it to your two contradictory statements listed directly above, I think you will see that you are pointing out "how wrong I am" whilst summarizing exactly what I was pointing out.

There are are "non LRH" people in the "freezone" they will probably not say LRH is good nor defend him.

What I do notice here is your difficulty distinguishing similarities, differences and identities. Maybe a lot of stress from that CA thing down there. Rest up...try again later.
  8. exOT8Michael Member

Tom Tobin is not in the programs. His articles provided the basis for the ABC Nightline lines of questioning.
    Tobin is epic win, just like Bashir.
  9. Sponge Member

He's probably smiling as he rattles off another sweet article about the result of the SP Times being featured on ABC Nightline.
    Here's the one from last week, which is still taking reader comments.....
    ABC News to mirror St. Petersburg Times Scientology investigation on Nightline
  10. Anonymous Member

I believe he was actually saying that the freezone is very similar to real scientology. If you consider DM a squirrel the freezone is a park full of them. They don't have a RTC to come down hard on people that "mess with the tech".

Above that he is talking about how many freezoners still believe LRH was a brilliant philosopher, and they have never seen the real abuses or are too nutty to notice them. He did leave out that there are some FZr's that do notice them.

He is speaking emotionally about how badly LRH "messes with people". Many of them may have already had some strange beliefs, and at least imo Scientology is much worse on them. His main point is that the tech is what screws people up and Marty going back to pure LRH tech is not going to make things any less screwed up for his followers.

I don't see you countering those statements only trying to cloud them.

Bringing up CA is off target and has no reason to be brought up here. Using that situation to attack someones statement was childish.
  11. Olrik Member

I talk religion, you give me funny quotes! ;)
    Organized religions are something else.

Oh: and dox on the Jesus/Moses/etc. stuff plz, or it didn't happen.
    Quotes from books or bones from the Dead sea (?) are not enough.

'Faith' doesn't make it too. Faith can work for anything, like Xenu for instance...

/derail
  12. Anonymous Member

Tobin Bell - what are you smoking???? This thread is about the actor Tom Tobin.
  13. Anonymous Member

It was great when Bashir said to Marty Rathbun regarding his previous role as high ranking douche for DM and his previous denials...."So were you lying then or are you lying now?"
    haha!
    Marty has not yet really acknowledged the damage he did and the people he harmed directly and indirectly. He got to plug his website, though. Fine that they get to have a place for them to blow off steam and fantasize about how benevolent LRH, their lying sack of shit bullying originator of $camology was, and that now they can really do something about it???

Freezone quite often makes for a lot of little asshole gurus who justify their manipulative brainwashing on the precepts of the "tech", and are not really any better than organized $cientology because it follows the same directives, but pretends to act as some kind of independent franchise for the same bullshit. As someone once said, 'There is still a cancer at the root of $cientology and that has not changed".
  14. Anonymous Member

It was great when Bashir said to Marty Rathbun regarding his previous role as high ranking douche for DM and his previous denials...."So were you lying then or are you lying now?"
    haha!
    Marty has not yet really acknowledged the damage he did and the people he harmed directly and indirectly. He got to plug his website, though. Fine that they get to have a place for them to blow off steam and fantasize about how benevolent LRH, their lying sack of shit bullying originator of $camology was, and that now they can really do something about it???

Freezone quite often makes for a lot of little asshole gurus who justify their manipulative brainwashing on the precepts of the "tech", and are not really any better than organized $cientology because it follows the same directives, but pretends to act as some kind of independent franchise for the same bullshit. As someone once said, 'There is still a cancer at the root of $cientology and that has not changed".
  15. Anonymous Member

Megaupload doesn't like me all that much ("upload status undefined"), but I will try again. In the meantime, try the following Depositfiles links I posted earlier.

These are 7-zip archives of a MPEG-TS video files (.ts). VLC plays .ts files (or, at least on my computer it does).

=====

Episode 1:
    depositfiles.com/en/files/aasgo9ck2

Password:
    I love XENU

SHA256 checksum (Hashcalc is one option for checking if you are on a windows box):
    01c7e93e6650348664f53acabc1bc3eb0fbe988751b4fb11f82156581a4fd64b

~1 GB compressed
    ~1.86 GB uncompressed

=====

Episode 2:
    depositfiles.com/files/ywpxn05ns

Password:
    Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard was a liar, criminal, and a pedophile

SHA256 checksum:
    bb284cea4671ce4eda55ad4f96839ae6d2f44479117647d1b64e29bdc8c44e63

~1.2 GB compressed
    ~1.89 GB uncompressed
  16. WillyWonkanon Member

that interview with Tommy Boi Davis was like the interview with the Heene Baloon Boy when he blurted out that he did it for she show and one of his little brothers let out a nervous fart.

What should be sent to Davis is a gold foil barf bag.
  17. uouV Member

How does this only have 391 diggs?! Come on!:mad:

Let's get it uuuuup:D
  18. pooks Member

QFT
  19. A.Non Hubbard Member

Or in my case, I have a large package. Touching my knees would crush my cock and balls.

Nothing in this post should be construed as saying Tommy Davis has a large package.
  20. Anonymous Member

And then Rathbun discarded an important part of the proper answer, because that important part would put Scientology in a bad light. Here is the important part he left out (Scientology scriptures ahead):

Hubbard teachings. The proper answer would have been "because Scientology scriptures forbid Scientologists from reporting good standing member Scientologists, or Scientology organizations to authorities, or the press."
  21. Anonymous Member

If it wern't for knowing I'd be slaughtered, I'd mention again that galvinometry in psycotherapy has not yet been tested, and that tis seems unique to Hubbardology, and that there are many many people who seem to not only get something significant out of auditing, but almost become addicted to it.

Rather than trying (and failing) to debunk the tech in it's entirety, its appropriate to push for some serious scientific, clinical evaluation of galvinometry in counselling. I've run a mile every time a scilon has tried to grab me, I always will - but I cannot ignore that there is _something_ going on that many find useful.

I don't think for a moment that LRH hit on it - more likely that he incorporated something ongoing in the 50's, along with all the other nonsense he called 'Dianetics' - but in the almost two years I've been involved in this movement, the one thing that continues to floor me is the power of the freezone. In the context of dianetics and scientology otherwise being utter bollocks, in the context of ex's saying commonly that abandoning it all is safer than hanging on to the one bit that might have something going for it...

Am I the only one who wonders if galvinometry compined with traditional talk therapy might have somethig extremely benificial and something significantly benificial going for it?
  22. JohnnyRUClear Member

TEST IT, FAGGOT
  23. Anonymous Member

Do I send invoices to you, or direct to Pfizer - cos they didn't seem that interested.
  24. Anonymous Member

lrn2 late 19th through late 20th Century. It has been tested, used elsewhere (before and after Hubbard) and replaced with actual medical equipment such as the EEG and MRI.
  25. Anonymous Member

I think you have your research running backwards. You have process you want to work, so you suggest researching on how to make it work.

That is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Or maybe finding a random shaped peg and seeing if it fits in a round hole would be closer.
  26. Anonymous Member

Marty is such an idiot and thankfully his circle of friends only includes the absolute fringe of ex-Scientologists. As an ex-Sea Org member I'm very fearful of Marty setting up a "More standard than Ron" kind of Freezone like Bill Robertson tried to do.
  27. Anonymous Member

28. webkilla Member

oh god this is so full of win

oh my goodness
  29. bastet Member

looks like anderson cooper got his little pretty boy ass kicked.
  30. Anonymous Member

And why would CNN cover it? It's not handed to them on a silver platter from a publicist. Too much info, not enough 'tainment.

I'm pretty sure CNN's only remaining viewers are people waiting for Larry King to fall asleep on air.
  31. bastet Member

Cheers!!!!!!
  32. bastet Member

maybe Greta Van Scilon-er Sustren had a hissy fit and threatend to leave if they do not cease and desist
  33. Anonymous Member

What does Greta's employer of Fox News have to do with CNN/ABC/St. Pete's Time?
  34. RedOrbifold Member

I want fox to do some of this, it's so funny to get to laugh at the reporters and the reportees at the same time
  35. incog712 Member

The E-meter werks and it helps people. At least it helps to condition people to bypass the innate common sense skills that they were born with by reinforcing verbal conditioning with primitive bio-feedback techniques.

Actual links between the conditioning and the device are imaginary but as long as the individual undergoing "auditing" is willing to accept the claim that the "auditors" interpretation of the meters movements is actually linked to the crap that they're paying to accept then they're willingness to accept that crap unquestioningly is enhanced..

Deux ex machina
  36. Anonymous Member

That would be an ecumenical matter.

/Father Ted
  37. Anonymous Member

Therapy is a long and complex procedure and depends a lot on the client being able to talk freely to the therapist, to be able to bring up the deepest and darkest stuff. It's the therapist's job to create trust and a safe environment for the client to be able to do so.

The cans do away with that because the person being audited is brainwashed/fooled into thinking that they must dig down and give up the information, or else. Problem is the auditing dredges up stuff people are not prepared to deal with at that point in time and auditors are not trained to give clients the tools to enable them to deal with it.

This is why you have so many breakdowns and psychotic episodes from people who go through auditing and this is why we could do with a good therapist/psychologist to write up a report on just how dangerous auditing can be.
  38. eddieVroom Member

It seemed to me that Marty was commenting not so much on the anti-psych rants, and more that TC is "duplicating command intention". That is to say, projecting DM's personality traits.

This statement may play inside as meaning that presently, duplicating DM's Command Intention now trumps the old goal of Duplicating Source - which would be a severe betrayal of LRH. This would not particularly be news to OG players, we've seen DM de-emphasizing LRH and deifying himself for years now. The Squirreled Basics are a prime example of the former.
  39. Anonymous Member

That's not an answer! It's not an answer at all?!

That does not prove anything!

No they don't! They have a right to support a cause, but not to claim some sort of authority of knowledge!
    (This was actually my favorite quote)
  40. DeathHamster Member

D-meterOverts.png