Customize

Tom Cruise's Career Rehab Secrets

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by iaxiloll, Apr 28, 2010.

1. iaxiloll Member

Tom Cruise's Career Rehab Secrets - Yahoo! News

Still not going to see the flick, or rather, I will not pay to see it.
  2. Re: Tom Cruise's Career Rehab Secrets

if its a cruise flick then i would consider paying not to see it.
  3. iaxiloll Member

Re: Tom Cruise's Career Rehab Secrets

4. AnonyVix Member

PM me for my PayPal details, when making a payment consider how much you really do not want to see the film is it only $500 or are you $10,000 committed... ;-D

BTW: <<<this is a joke>>>
  5. iaxiloll Member

So is TC in a ghey kinda way lol.
  6. AIN Member

the reason he is in bad movies is simple, good movie directors and the like don't want him because everytime he opens his mouth in public, its to suck DM's Dick.
  7. Re: Tom Cruise's Career Rehab Secrets

Quite honestly, I find I cannot watch the guy, knowing what he condones by his involvement with the scam cult, having seen him receive his ridiculous gong and witnessing his tough-guy act when he looked out into the audience and said 'whaddaya say? We gonna clean this place up?'.

I feel a revulsion for most Hollywood stars and their patently unwarranted status. That's not entirely their fault. But, when you add the monumental delusions that Scientology has indoctrinated him with, I feel nothing but disgust when I see his image anywhere.

I really don't like his buddies much either.
  8. iaxiloll Member

Apparently he is nao willing to do it only in private from now on.
  9. Anonymous Member

/r/ we torrent the shit out of his movie
  10. potrezebie Member

^^THAT, and the fact that no matter the movie, he pretty much always plays himself. The more people know about him, the more they do not liek. From the public view, he is inseparable from his screen persona and bad press is not good for him.

Caveat, I've had thirty years to really learn to hate his 'talents'. He shoulda taken the money and run around 2000 or so. Oh and kept his big yap shut about his 'religion'. He'd still be invited everywhere if he had...
  11. RightOn Member

I am with you
  12. xseaorguk Member

Tom Cruise is not aging well, he is looking drawn and thin in the face, and at mid 40's cannot play the action roles he has until now. Apart from that he is quite small in stature, whch will not help.
    It definately had them perfect college boy look and Hollywood smile and that got him where he is.
    He will probably make a few more films, but it wil get harder to cast him well.
    He will regret having mentioned $cientology for the rest of his life, believe me, and will never mention it again publicly.
    Too bad you can't turn back time Tommy.......
  13. AnonKat Member

he can play a cute munchkin
  14. subgenius Member

the quote in the article that $cientology is not the problem is wrong
    its what makes him stiff and unable to think on his feet so that IS the problem in the context of the article
    but the speaker doesn't know that
    just assumes that his exposure as a member of a fringe group didn't hurt his image so much (partially true)
  15. iaxiloll Member

16. Keyumdi Member

17. Anonymous Member

good god how pathetic does your formerly A-list career have to be to have juliette lewis feeling sorry for you
  18. iaxiloll Member

Oddly I have never liked TC. Unfortunately I have always been with females that have adored him so I have been forced to watch too many of his movies. Some have actually bin watchable but after I really got to see him for what he is, my old emotions overwhelmed me and I just do not like him or his movies at all, nor do I like his fapping skillz which some insist on calling acting.
  19. Anonymous Member

I'm still pissed he was cast for and subsequently fucked up Spielberg's War of the Worlds remake. That had the potential of being a classic if not for Cruise playing his own crazy self.
  20. iaxiloll Member

Qustion: What is better than having Juliette Lewis feeling sorry for you?

An_hero.jpg
  21. TypingChimp Member

Agreed. In a similar situation, Keanu Reeves did a passable to good job in the reimagining of The Day The Earth Stood Still, and the movie kicked ass as a result. I still like the original more, but then again, they targeted the concerns of different eras, with the original being nuclear proliferation, and the reimagining targeting environmental issues. The fact that it didn't suck automatically put it in the top 10-20% of all remakes. I avoided seeing War of the Worlds just because that cocksucker was in it... and it looked like it would suck. I'm glad my crapfest meter pinged true. Still, there's a part of me that HAS to see MacGruber...
  22. Anonymous Member

He's my distant cousin and I can't stand the sight of him...
  23. TypingChimp Member

And? I have a distant cousin I think is a cunt. Wait, is a 2nd cousin distant?
  24. Lorelei Member

@iaxiloll: I've never liked him either, though I give him props for playing himself in Magnolia.
  25. Re: Tom Cruise's Career Rehab Secrets

I find any scillion artist lacking soul in their work. They take themselves too seriously. Just look at LRH's music. It's so devoid of what we know as music it is wrong.
  26. potrezebie Member

It killed Minority Report for me. As a PKD fan from way back I cringed when I saw he was in it. I have been unable to make myself watch it thru, all I can think of is the hash he made of Kubrick's last film and how excruciating he is to watch because he is dumb and shallow and he has no perception of the depth he's supposed to be conveying. Ya might as well as have a barnyard fowl play the role, they have a nearly identical grasp of subtext and nuance although (to their credit) they don't bring dianetics salespeople onto the set...
  27. Re: Tom Cruise's Career Rehab Secrets

Yes, things are not going planned for Tom. I think this will wake him out of delusion and when that mother fucker works out he's been conned... I would hate to be Scientology then. It will be like Jason Beghe but world wide news coverage.
  28. Sponge Member

/r/ family photos plox.

Also, what exactly was this article for again? Meh n'all.
  29. iaxiloll Member

IMHO I do not think that TC will ever admit to himself let alone to wogs that Scientology does not work. He has put so much into being a Scientologist that he would be totally unstable if he was to distance himself from it. When you look at TC, you see first and foremost, a Scientologist, then you see a dwarf, then you see a very bad actor. ( sometimes you might notice the dwarf first). Take a look at John Travolta. He lost his son because of his beliefs, did it make him leave the cult?
  30. pedrofcuk Member

"Quite honestly, I find I cannot watch the guy, knowing what he condones by his involvement with the scam cult, having seen him receive his ridiculous gong and witnessing his tough-guy act when he looked out into the audience and said 'whaddaya say? We gonna clean this place up?'."

"He's decided that whatever he does for the church is private," says a central member of the Cruise team.

^That is what is known as a U-turn.
  31. Re: Tom Cruise's Career Rehab Secrets

Sage.
    I noticed that. When he did Top Gun, he had no talent, but he had his boyish looks. Now he doesn't have his boyish looks. And he plays himself, and people don't like him.
  32. Anon1720 Member

Tommy boy is looking rough. The super loved tom cruise of old would not of had the time to roast Matt but he sure does now.
    I've also heard that Katie will be playing Jackie O. Hope the catholics have a fit.
  33. Re: Tom Cruise's Career Rehab Secrets

Its his only chance at the salvation of his career in the eyes of the one group who supported him originally, the general public. He really has no other choice IMHO but will let time tell it's own story.
  34. Anonymous Member

He'll soon have the face he deserves.
  35. TypingChimp Member

God. This was awful even by the standards of 1980s one-hit wonder pop.
  36. potrezebie Member

I wonder how his back catalog is doing these days.

I avoided 'Cocktail' and 'Top Gun" for years and finally saw them rifftracked. They are horribly dated and obviously crappy B-films based on their own merits or lack thereof. It ain't Tim Robbin's nearly cameo part as a flyboy keeping 'Top Gun' on the hit parade. If Tommy goes down, many of these movies will no longer be producing dividends (via Tom) for the cult.

Apologies to any and all who rated these two stinkers as favorite hug-me comfort food desert island movies.
  37. potrezebie Member

Yes, the one where he looks just like Elron Hubbard. It's like Innsmouth, they all get 'the look' sooner or later.
  38. Random guy Member

Quite so! Unless he is a complete idiot (and I don't think he is), he is by now starting to understand that he career is effectively over as long as he stick to scientology. His new publicist apparently have advised him that he should tone down his cult involvement. When is he going to take the next step? If he does not, he can say bye-bye to his career.
  39. ravenanon Member

I always disliked TC and his movies. When I was dragged to see Top Gun I wanted more plane scenes and less beach volleyball.

He trashed Brooke and women who take medicine. This is what ultimately took out his audience base. There is no one apology that fits what every woman felt while watching that interview.
  40. Hicks Member

He was pretty funny in tropic thunder.