Customize

Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gizmogirl, Apr 6, 2008.

1. anonEmouser Member

Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Actually, he can have it both ways. Religious beliefs/preferences just affect the person holding them. If she claims to have left scientology, she could no longer claim those beliefs per se. She could still refuse the profile, however.

At that point it would be Katie's character witnesses vs Tom's. Tom has several hundred culties he can call on...of course a competant judge would see right the hell through that after the first dozen or so.

Katie has her family and....not much else. She's been disconnected from a lot of her pre-Cruise life, after all. If any are called up, rest assured Cruise is sufficiently an asshole to bring up the point 'well you haven't spent a lot of time with her over the last few years, have you?'

Its a nasty setup, indeed.
  2. gizmogirl Member

I don't think it is time for the "Free Katie" posters yet. An abusive relationship is just a private tragedy between Tom and Katie, and not really about CO$ in the public mind.

BUT....if Katie disappears into Gold Center or is suddenly tagged as nuts and discarded while Tom keeps Suri, then there are two things we can do.

1. Anonymous could raise the biggest PR nightmare possible, worldwide. That is how Anmestry International frees people. CO$ could only take so many publicity hits before they would have to produce Katie alive and well.

2. Steven Spielberg and his wife Kate know Katie and hate Tom. (CO$ tried to Fair Game Kate.) Spielberg is a very powerful man in Hollywood. Some calm, polite letters asking his help might have things happening in the background.
  3. MollyBloom Member

No, He can't as in it would be a very unwise move. He can't vehemently attack the Psych Industry in one breath and then use it to his advantage to discredit anyone else without the whole world going WTF?
  4. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

This is essential we follow this story. The mental state of that child and Mrs. Cruise are at risk.
  5. anonEmouser Member

Ah, but he can claim Katie is in an unfit state (oh, how regrettable!).

Katie will claim that he's a controlfreak nutbar (if her counsel is competant, anyway).

The judge will go "OK, lets see where you guys are at in the head. Psychiatrist evals all around."

Cruise: "I'm sorry your honor, but submitting to a psychiatric review would go against my religious beliefs. I am prepared to offer several dozen character witnesses and videos from my home security cameras showing how spifftastic I am as a father."

At that point we're left with Katie claiming the same, or submitting to the psychiatric review--which will probably expose her as stressed, depressed, or otherwise "not well" since, well, she's not exactly in a healthy place atm.

This wouldn't be a bloodless win for Cruise if it does go to court, but the deck is stacked heavily in his favor.
  6. Anonhopeful Member

I say for now we follow but do nothing. as has been mentioned situations such as this are extremely delicate and not something anonymous should rise to without it being absolutely clear that abuse is occuring and not just celebrity gossip
  7. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

It's possible Tom's people took a look at Britney and Kevin, and were like "we should do that."

The problem is, Britney was clearly mental. A few bad photos of Katie isn't going to convince the public she's an unfit mother.
  8. FALLEN. Member

The Original FREE KATIE has been following the Tom/Katie saga from the beginning.

They keep close tabs on them and have lots of photos and articles. It's a good place for information.
  9. Ten Tigers Member

This gives me an idea: Does anyone here, do custom bumper stickers?

Bumper stickers of various websites could be effective.... Yes? No? Or would it be the equivalent of painting a target on oneself?
  10. Anonymeep Member

Before February I would have agreed. Right now, and certainly by the time any of this would ever get to legal aspects, things are different and they are still changing for CoS and thus for Tom. If there is a lot of attention to the crazier practices of CoS and of Tom's fervour/part/role in it all, he won't walk away so easily.

Plus if he won that would be a PR disaster for him and the cult - the public opinion is, from what I have seen, quite solidly in Katie's favour.
  11. Bighead Member

It also confirms for the osa that your a member of anonymous.
  12. Ten Tigers Member

Yeah... You're probably right. Ah well...
  13. anonymous612 Member

This. We need to keep this in mind. The whole "TomKat" thing could get much uglier very fast. The Spielberg thing is a useful detail.
  14. Ten Tigers Member

He threatens to take Suri... As if threatening to eat the afterbirth wasn't enough? :shock:
  15. Randomness Member

16. gizmogirl Member

From another article:

"Tying further into this controlling behavior, the family member told us Katie has been “punished” several times by Scientology handlers - under Cruise’s orders - when she is deemed to need “retraining.” Her “offenses” have included such trivialities as assertiveness, critical thought, excessive spending, or agreeing to do Hollywood events and projects without the approval of the “church”. The punishment rituals include starvation, extended sauna time to cleanse her of “impurities,” and forced exercise.

The family member is concerned that stress - combined with the Cruise camp’s bizarre rituals and Beckham’s influence - could lead Katie to a health crisis. But a source inside the Cruise camp told us that Katie is “happy and healthy.”

Tom Cruise Likes ‘em Starved? | Unstirred
  17. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Not eating enough may be a cry for help. Something she knows scientologists can't hide when they prop her in public.
  18. fluffbomb Member

I don't think it is possible for a document assigning sole custody before a split to even be recognized in a court. This is just another example of the cult ignoring legal process in favor of their own systems, and that *shouldn't* be permitted in a publicized case shining a bright spotlight on the legal system.

I think if Tom tried to take the kid, any court in their right mind would award custody to Katie, simply for the safety of the child. Especially with so many public eyes watching the outcome.

I hope this information is true, I hope she gets some real help and manages to keep Suri with her.

On a slightly more selfish note, I'd love to see his world fall apart for the damage he's done.
  19. Hieronymous Member

But the point is it's like the whole freeloaders debt, it might not be legally binding but the only authority you are worried about is theirs
  20. ANON E MOOSE Member

Pc folders may also place a role in silencing her if this played out the way the op article suggests, if sci is as bad as is alleged.
  21. Ten Tigers Member

Man... It scares me to even say or think it, but I hope she doesn't end up as another grim statistic... Yes, she's high-profile, and yes, it would be a huge PR flap, but even so... shit happens.
  22. Hieronymous Member

Hey she can run away if she really really wanted to, even with Suri in tow. She should know well enough by now he's not that dream hunk she thought he was. While I've never been an abused spouse she still has ways of escaping.
  23. Consensus Member

Just get on the bus, Gus
    Make a new plan, Stan
  24. Ten Tigers Member

So do all $cientologists. And most of them don't. The brainwashing, manipulation, blackmail, and emotional twisting that goes on... Isn't that a pretty big piece of the reason why Anonymous is protesting the cult? It's not about what they CAN do to her and Suri; it's about what they have convinced her that they can do. And that's what's worrisome.
  25. Tweenon Member

The key to escaping from an abusive relationship is first to recognize that it is one. After that, you have to understand that there are ways out and that you're within your rights to simply walk away from the situation.
  26. Ten Tigers Member

And that's the grain of sand in the Vaseline: How to make her recognize that it IS an abusive relationship. How to make her see that, "the way out is the way through," is bullshit. How to make her see that the ranks of "the enemy SP's" are the same ones who would welcome, support, defend, and accept her.

That's all very ticklish business...

"The devil you know is better than the devil you don't."

And if they are using her baby as leverage, and she's under pressure from the cult, under pressure from her psycho husband, and she stands to lose EVERYTHING by leaving...

Unfortunately, my opinion of it, is that things are going to have to become a lot worse, before she decides to blow the cult. They will have to become damn near untenable, and as a celebrity $cientologist, things may simply NOT ever get to that point. Like any abusive relationship, they may just keep stringing her along for years, while keeping her on the very edge.
  27. Yoni Alter Member

Same. Generally someone steps in (a friend, a relative) to say "Hey honey, you're in a bad relationship and you have to walk away, but we're here to support you." But Katie's monitored 24/7, her phone is tapped, her email is read, so that makes that pretty hard to do if you ARE the concerned person.

Either her health will fail and someone on the Holmes side will finally step in (WHERE ARE THEY?) or we'll take down Scientology first, Tom Cruise will explode/go to jail, and she'll have perspective.
  28. holdemm Member

reading this thread reminded me of a recent problem with abuse. to do anything, you first have to admit that there is abuse. if you dont see/feel/know the abuse, you can't do anything about it.
  29. Manumission Member

This picture reminds me of Lisa M. and so many others in the cult. They look normal at first and then as time progresses and the auditing continues they start getting that look in their eye that just screams "I'm craaaaaaaaaazyyyyy!!!" I've seen plenty of culties in my time and none of them look quite like this. It seems to be Scientology specific and it creeps me out big time.
  30. Ten Tigers Member

New sign idea: "FREE SURI!!" (supplies limited!)

er... Scratch that last bit. Sorry...
  31. Marijuana Member

The way he's grasping her wrist freaks me out, too. D:
  32. Ten Tigers Member

Every single piece of footage I've seen of them, he's manhandling her in some way. Most of the time, he's yanking her wrist. The first time I saw it, was on the Oprah footage, and even then, my instant thought was, WTF??? QUIT YANKING ON HER!!! She didn't look like she was having a good time. At all. I feel so sorry for her... I think Tommy-boy saw someone young and vulnerable, that he could readily overpower and really WOW, and from there, it was off to the races... :x :(
  33. Anonabliss Member

She looks like an empty shell. If its true about the headaches and she's not getting anything for them, he is the biggest bastard on the planet. (but we already knew that)
  34. enronanonron Member

Sounds like Katie is being RPFed.
  35. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Yeah, she just doesn't look like she's really aware of what's going on around her. I sincerely hope that she does not go to extremes to escape from TC and that nothing happens to her. But given what she's going through, both mentally and physically, it's hard to see her not ending up in hospital at some point. That is, if TC and the Scilon goons allowed it and don't RPF her instead.
  36. anyjane Member

Not speculation: That lady needs to see a real doctor and soon.

100% speculation: She may have to kind of headaches that can make keeping food down difficult and may be eating less because of that (or on an emotional level as a loss of control thing). However- some of the meds to treat severe headaches are CNS depressants or slightly psychoactive so she would be denied them by the Co$. Or she might have the thing that would embarrass TC the most- Post-Partum depression.

Tinfoil hat mode on: The staged photo-ops in the park and the "straighten up and fly right" statements by TC may be a clever setup to stage a "happy family" reunion as it gets closer to Operation:Reconnect. "See- I love my wife, we worked it out and look how happy we are!" and since Katie is effectively a tool she will "have" to go along with it. Hell- if what he said was true and not made up by the tabloids he can re-woo her again. In the state she *appears* to be in (empty shell, as mentioned by Anonabliss) it shouldn't take much.
  37. AnonyMama Member

When I get bad headaches, especially migraines, that last thing I want to do is eat. Many get nauseous/vomit with migraines. Also, many (me included) get photophobic (light sensitivity). Even though I have good meds, I still crawl into bed in comfy clothes a DARK room, and can't eat. When I think of how she has to be dressed up, and in public, while in pain and with no meds - I feel awful for her.

Where is her family? (I mean her REAL family who loves her, not her spouse.)
  38. monamia Member

This is exactly the pattern of secrecy and abuse that needs to be exposed and discussed, ala the Mormon cult and all their problems today. Extrapolate the lessons: Abuse, disassociation, limited contact with public arena, constant brain-washing and physical control.

Katie comes from a very stable, well-educated, successful family with a dad as an attorney and a bro as an attorney with a little HAH_VAHD thrown in. I trust that they are monitoring the situatio carefully as they would not want to lose beloved family members to a cult. What I hope is that she is not dumb as a stick, don't know this...

That said, I hope the St Louisians are ALL OVER THIS (that's where she's from, right) and ready to lend the support in person as needed, and are prepared to ask for support from those readers who may be able to visit St Louis when/as needed.

((MR T, anonmama, mepeeps and others: you are good. Compassion.))
  39. Hieronymous Member

She's merely a vessel to him, a vessel for the child he and DM could never have together
  40. Prometheus1 Member

Her father had over one year to do something before the marriage took place but he was too busy fighting over what the pre-nup should be about. Well, he secured millions for every year his kid is with Cruise so she should get something for all her hardwork but then again, it couldn't have been easy when his 26 year old daughter came to him to say she was pregnant by the guy she met some 3 months earlier.

The Cruise family by all accounts rarely make their way to Ohio but they have enough free time to travel from LA to NY to have dinner with friends.