Customize

Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gizmogirl, Apr 6, 2008.

1. gizmogirl Member

Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

From a New Zealand newspaper article:

"Meanwhile, in the lives of TomKat, Tom has reportedly had enough of Katie's ongoing emotional struggle to adjust to celebrity lifestyle, telling his wife: "I'm taking Suri with me if our marriage falls apart." Katie seems to be getting worse, apparently fainting constantly and having blinding headaches, with Suri's behaviour also weighing the new mother down.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1501119/story.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10502395

Methinks dear Tom is showing distinct signs of stress himself. Is stress something an OT is supposed to feel?

Poor Katie.
  2. SenatorXenu Member

Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Suri is the reincarnation of LRH, of course he will take her, probably in an epic court battle
  3. Anonifus Member

Tomorrow's News, Today! (Relevant to Operation Reconnect)

I'll keep the preamble quick. I work in newspaper distribution, but occasionally we do magazines too.

Today (1.30 in the morning) I see this;

vmsw8g.png

It reads "Celeb Marriage Showdown: Tom Tells Katie- 'I'm taking Suri'"

I thought that this would be a fluke, something sensational to sell the papers, being that it's only one magazine, but to my surprise, low and behold on the rival's front page:

ri6mb6.jpg.png

I think anon should take advantage of the situation.

Is this awesome? y/n
  4. Sargo Member

Re: Tomorrow's News, Today! (Relevant to Operation Reconnect)

SOMEBODY GET TO KATIES HOUSE NOW!!!!!!!!

idk give her hugz...inter wov machine must help out^_^

thanx for inside info^_^

it will be used
  5. MollyBloom Member

Fixed.

She needs some freaking food and sleep. She needs to get out of the cult.

Tom is a jerk and yea I would say that to his face. I would get right up in his face and SP all over in his area.

/me calms down now and makes apologies to enturb for being entrubulated. :flowers:
  6. Ten Tigers Member

Whoa... Is this fo' realz, or just tabloid crap?
  7. inanissum Member

Hey what's the first magazine?
  8. argh Member

I think her best course of action is to run like hell, Suri is young yet, there is time for the cult to finish crumbling and Tom to be proven a complete douche (rather than just a twat) and for Suri to live the rest of her life normally. Good luck Ms H.
  9. Anonymeep Member

Alledgedly when they married she signed a contract that she receives a significant sum for every few years she managed to stay with him - and that any child they would have together would stay with him and raised in 'the faith'.

Maybe she needs to get out, sleep for a week, and then get her attorney father to back her up and sue for custody. There has probably never been a better time to prove in court that it is not in a child's best interest to grow up in the CoS.
  10. anon1957 Member

katie needs more than food and rest: she needs an intervention because she is in a seriously abusive relationship. Threatening to take a small child from a mother is akin to being terrorized.

I have worked with women who are victims of domestic abuse and violence. And one of the things which you will find in the story of virtually every single one of these women is a story which is very similar to Tom and Katie's is a fast and furious full-on "love-bombing" courtship in which a commitment is made very very early in the relationship. When TC jumped on Oprah's couch, he had known Katie for only a few weeks.
  11. Anonifus Member

I think it's Woman's Day?
  12. Ten Tigers Member

^^THIS!!!^^

And yeah, she needs to get on-board with ex-$cientology kids, if they will testify to what growing up in the C0$ has done to them, and that would make her case all the stronger.
  13. MollyBloom Member

I understand what you are saying and I agree, but until she gets some nutrition and rest she won't be able to think clearly. Rumors are that Tom keeps her up at night with his hyperactivity. Pics of her show a very underweight and pale woman. She needs food, she needs rest and she needs out of that cult. If intervention does that then fine, but who's going to do that for her? No one is going to be able to get near her, she's going to have to take the first steps herself. I think Katie is sweet and I fear another 'lisa' episode here. I hope that she gets help soon.
  14. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Is there any legal precedent over whether custody can be given to one side or the other in a pre-nup?
  15. CVAnonymous Member

All good posts & advice. That said, I must note that the story originally comes from Women's Day, which has all of the journalistic credibility of Faux News combined with Star Magazine.

I want to see corroboration from more reliable sources.
  16. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

I say we should put a full page ad out where ever they live advocating that we will help if she wishes to leave the cult and needs protection. Also letting her know how she can get ahold of us.
  17. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Run Katie Run. (Pm me if you lurk :D)

No way in hell a court gives Suri to Tom Cruise even with a prenup agreement.

I hope someone in Katie's life will help her soon.
  18. anonyme Member

These comments have confirmed something I have felt for a long time about their relationship.what kind of man is he if he would actually threaten this?Of course we don't know yet-it's just a tabloid so it could be crap,but the endless pictures of her being manhandled(where he is grabbing her by the wrist,controlling her) show the power dynamic of this relationship-and it is not equal..
    that poor girl,i hope it's not true,but if they do split and he keeps suri,i feel it will help expose the cult even more.
  19. anon1957 Member

No. That would be akin to human trafficking. Divorce courts will only look at what is in the best interests of the child (sometimes in particularly nasty divorces, the court will assign a court appointed attny to represent the interests of the children).

He may have gotten her to sign a pre-nup on being raised as a Scientologist, but even that is not terribly enforcable, eg, what is being raised as a "catholic" -- church once a week and first communion, catholic school, insisting that that ex-spouse remain a practicing catholic, etc, etc. You can see how ridiculous it can be.

Also, the pre-nup will not include child support payments. The judge will determine that amount in a contested divorce. And one thing that the courts will do is to ensure that there is a similar life-style available in both houses, particularly when custody is shared.
  20. SenatorXenu Member

Better run now before Tom Cruise finishes the moat :p
  21. xnameblogger Member

[STRIKE]
    Typically no - determining custody is done by the court who determines the best interest of the child.

That being said, there's a big difference between a prenup stipulating custody vs. raising a child in a particular faith, which is common. For example, non-Catholics who marry Catholics in the church agree to raise any children of the marriage as Catholics.[/STRIKE]

yeah, what Anon1957 said.
  22. inanissum Member

Spiffy. I've submitted it all to ONTD, since this is celebrity news after all.
  23. SenatorXenu Member

Run Katie, Run!
  24. ElrondHubble Member

"Your affection radiation is not strong enough to combat against BTs. I'm taking Suri."

"Well...there's always Bruce Wayne."
  25. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Cruise isn't taking shit, he's just talking shit.

A judge decides custody matters in this country, not his arrogant ass.
  26. Roll Ricked Member

This is AWESOME, seriously, right on cue. Media zombies love the little kid's of celebrities, so all this does for us is freely inform the public of disconnection. It will also make them hate scientology even more.

Again, AWESOME!
  27. LRonAnon Member

Like Tom could even stand a child custody battle right now

Katey: ">> He's a [STRIKE]Scientologist[/STRIKE] cult leader, let talk about Scientology and their cult practices in court."

I just dunno willing CoS would be to discuss that in court right now.
  28. Mål Member

I'll sticky this for the time being.

I just lol'd.
  29. holdemm Member

Can we stage a mini raid on their house with pickets to help Katie?
  30. Hieronymous Member

I hope Katie decides to split sometime soon, no matter how Scientology reacts afterwards it's a footbullet. If she stays in the church by the time she hits 30 I guarantee you her Hollywood career will be unsalvageable
  31. Skeptic1337 Member

Calling dibs on katie

So in after tom...wait he was probably never in, so in before tom fucks her in court.
  32. Roll Ricked Member

A good idea, but we would have to be on the other side of the street, and we would constantly have to be moving, and we probably couldn't wear masks, and only a few anon would be able to come.

Still a good idea though, and I'm not even being sarcastic.
  33. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

^This
  34. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

Yeh, could very well be considered Harassment quite quickly.
  35. MollyBloom Member

I like you, you are naughty. ;)

The courts won't award him total custody, not the way he has behaved in public, he comes across as unstable.

All Katie needs to do is file for a guardian ad litum (sp?) for Suri then it's up to the 'system' to decide.

Child custody has nothing to do with parents suing each other for custody and has everything with the court. Both parents stand as plaintiffs in a court custody hearing and it's all up to the judge. A guardian ad litum (sp?) seeks to garner what is in the best interests of the child.
  36. anon23stl Member

No NON-Scieno judge would find Tom Cruise to be a fit parent.
  37. Skeptic1337 Member

Thanks!

It be funny if Katie asked for a Psych eval on TC to see if he's a fit parent.

I think she has enough precedence stuff on that. Pretty sure if she has a half way decent lawyer this would be possible. My guess though Tom has enough money for her to settle this and keep full custody no courts. Not that I'm judging katie but then I am.
  38. Re: Tom Cruise threatens to take Suri

My interest in celebrity gossip is usually null - but in this case, anything that drains time and resources from the Co$ is good. And if a baby and a woman are extracted from the cult so that they can have a non-batshit-insane life, so much the better.
  39. Anonabliss Member

He did it to Nicole, he's going to do it to Katie. God help any woman that is unlucky enough to come within ten feet of him. I hope she gets out in one piece.