Customize

Tom Cruise in the skin of Kurt Cobain

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by another123, Apr 10, 2012.

1. another123 Member

TendanceQuest.com Tom Cruise in the skin of Kurt Cobain (<-google translate)
  2. Anonymous Member

Tom Cruise to play the Kurt Cobain who never was? Good grief.
  3. Strixcoil Moderator

Tell me this is a late April's fools...
  4. SOJOA Member

If Kurt Cobain were alive today I bet he would take a shotgun to the head.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Anonymous Member

No, it's real. It's an update of A Star Is Born, directed by Clint Eastwood.
  6. another123 Member

Maybe Tom will follow in his footsteps ...You know. Really get into character.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. failboat Member

If Courtney Love plays herself, he very well may.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SOJOA Member

Word but I bet the bullet bounces off his head. OT powers are srs bizz
  9. That's it.

Hollywood is officially dead to me now.

To Whichever Branch of the Kurt Cobain (mis)fortune decided to milk the noteriety of said estate for the royalties this movie will generate: DIAF!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

http://www.wired.com/listening_post/2008/04/kurt-cobain-unp/
  11. Anonymous Member

Cobain died when he was 27. Tom Cruise is like over 50. I can't see it working.
  12. Anonymous Member

...You're right.
    But probably we can get lucky. I mean, sometimes a broken clock can be right twice a day...rite?!
  13. I dunno, I´d like a youtube clip of Tom Cruise singing "Rape me." Could be useful.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

Was Kurt gay?
    ... ruh-roh
  15. Anonymous Member

bpJpm.jpg
  16. Herro Member

I smell an Oscar!
  17. Not sure if Sirius.

Response if Sirius: If he was ever going to get an Oscar, he would have got it
    for Born On The Fourth Of July. He can still draw audiences, but he can't
    act in anything with any substance. Action: OK. Drama: Not OK.

Response if not Sirius: I hope the movie starts out with him taking
    anti-depressants to stabilize his mood and he smiles like Jim Carey
    throughout the whole movie.
  18. Tourniquet Member

Needless to say (but saying it anyway): if true, this film should be roundly boycotted from here to the Wishkah.

19. Anonymous Member

Oscar__storyslide_image.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Nah you just fudged your jockeys.
  21. RightOn Member

never a Kurt fan, but I would imagine Kurt fans would hate this a whole bunch
    I dont' get it.
    Was this because of Cruise's Stacy Jax charachter? And what happened to that movie anyways?
  22. Anonymous Member

I never liked Nirvana that much anyway. Good luck butchering it, Tom!
  23. MOOG Member

24. I'm not a huge Nirvana fan per se, but I was in Seattle in those years and actually saw them perform long before their breakout hits. The people I've talked to about the movie were not enthused either.

If true this is supposed to be a remake of "Star is Born" then the real lead would be the Courtney character (ala Garland or our fave Streisand) with Kurt as the washed-up boyfriend that gives her a leg up in the biz. It is one thing to remake that movie, it is another to let everyone know that they are going 'there' with it. It smacks of trying to rewrite reality with a imaginary narrative that somehow puts Courtney in a better light. I say good luck with that. Everyone I've ever met thinks she killed him for the money.

And yeah, what happened to that Stacy Jax movie anyways? I've seen advertising for a stage version, but never any for the movie itself.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

What I want to know is: does the film reveal who Courtney finally hired to off Kurt? We know it wasn't Il Duce... and we know she had motive and opportunity, not mention she was the sole beneficiary (no, I don't think Frances Bean was in on it).