Customize

Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Robert S, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Anon Char Member

Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Cinco de mayo protest? Everyone wear sombreros and by some churros in lieu of caek??
  2. Joyful Member

I don't mean, not go, I mean not watch at home. Get people who tune in everyday to NOT tune it, then the ratings go down for those days and that's lost money.
  3. anon131 Member

QFT

For Chicago anons, before you decide a flier is good enough to print, post it here, post it on your boards (if you have a board), post it everywhere and get FEEDBACK! This needs to be perfect for many reasons. This can work amazingly in our favor if we do it right, or we can make enemies with Oprah, which will suck big time.

Also, I'm not sure about masks at this situation. I mean, OSA will probably be there to keep an eye on Tom, but I worry about scaring off the Oprah crowd, which is who we are targeting here. I guess that's up to you, Chicago Anons, but that's my opinion at least. Maybe a kinder, friendlier mask? I don't know. Huge sun glasses and a wig?

Good luck guys.
  4. Yoni Alter Member

Above have points.

Oprah reduces bored housewives to mindless slaves with her terrible lines of fashion, which she gets all excited about, and her hunky friends, which she gets all excited about, and her inability to get Stedman to propose, which she gets all excited about. And they get excited about whatever she gets excited about.
  5. Anonabliss Member

Oprah knows what's going on. She's no idiot. She has voluntarily decided to help TC boost his image. We know who's side she's on. The real trick is to get the public to know it, too, so she has to make a choice to save face.
    Oprah backs Scientologists-Scientologists back child abuse-Oprah backs child abuse. Simple message, get it across.
  6. magnonaymous Member

Here's something everyone can do.............
    go to Oprah.com - then Message Boards - then under 'Message Board Categories' chose either 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' or 'Celebrities' - keep going and you'll find a few threads about this. There are very few posts right now but if her boards were to become full of posts protesting Cruise's appearance it would at least send a message. Be polite and don't post any links or you'll be deleted.
  7. Anonabliss Member

put scientology in the search under the message boards. I have a few comments in there, I havn't checked them lately. Looks like a few other anons have responded, too. Make it a MEGATHREAD!
  8. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Oprah is a talk show host, Oprah does what gets Oprah ratings.

You reasoning is ridiculous.
  9. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Hey, did we ever get that Bavarian ministry book translated? I want to put together a media pack with:

Gold Info Pack
    small Bavarian ministry release
    the full book (both in english)
    jason beghe interview transcript
    marc ? interview transcript

anything else?
  10. Joyful Member

ET had a little blurb with Oprah about this tonight. Showed Oprah and Tom sitting on his couch talking. She asked him is he felt unfairly criticized, he looked pained. Showed he and Katie walking hand in hand and Oprah riding behind him on his ATV. I imagine this is going to go on allll week on ET.
  11. anon131 Member

It looks like Scilons are on the Oprah boards too. I can't help but notice that a lot of the rabid pro-tom (and anti-psychiatry lol) posts are from accounts made in the past two days.

Edit: Oprah.com is being preempted for a live webcast wtf.

Edit: vv lol vv
  12. Anonabliss Member

I just posted a massively great post and the site got pre-empted for her alternative cult class. Sheesh.:frustration:
  13. Joyful Member

Grrr. YOu can't get to the Oprah boards cause the site is being preempted right now with her other cult. :mad:
  14. Anonabliss Member

She had no problem going after the beef industry. I dont think Im being ridiculous. She's an icon . She pretends to stand for truth and justice and helping the unfortunate. Let her put her actions where her mouth is.
  15. Joyful Member

I wonder if Oprah wonders how most of the general public feels about Scn. She's so....isolated in her own little mega star, mega rich world. I bet she doesn't really know.

I mean, this is the woman who was genuinely shocked that everyone in her audience didn't change their sheets EVERY SINGLE DAY. She's very disconnected from the rest of us.
  16. Prometheus1 Member

There is no way that Oprah is not aware of Jenna M. Hill, the claims against scientology, the Tom Cruise video and the many protests carried out by Anonymous. She keeps her ears open and has staff who are paid to keep their ears open, read up on the buzz issues and bring them to her attention. We are not talking about her missing the South Park episode here. She knows what is out there about scientology, she simply refuses to engage, discuss or debate these things. Any questions about scientology that she asks Cruise shows that she is well aware of what is happening. This is a woman who runs an empire based on talking about the things that are happening to individuals, groups of people all over the world and people think she is uninformed and needs to be educated? She simply doesn't want to go there. Not every public face who schleps with Cruise or other scientologists is uninformed, sometimes, they just don't give a hoot.

Look for her to have a guest from the FLDS once things die down since she knows no celebrity that she would prefer not to put on the spot.

It is all about what will bring her ratings, give her show column inches. Like the other publications, if the story on scientology doesn't include a story on Tom Cruise then it gets very little attention.
  17. alpanon Member

/b/lackup is coming when oprah.com gets back online!
  18. Joyful Member

Ok, when you put it that way....
  19. Ten Tigers Member

Wise post is wise.
  20. Joyful Member

Poll at TomKatCrazy.com

Will you watch Tom on Oprah?

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
  21. Prometheus1 Member

Joyful, remember that Oprah was not always isolated or mega rich, she spent a good portion of her adult life not being mega rich and isolated, also remember that she is a pretty good actress. She wasn't born or raised not seeing the real world. Her inability to see the real world, if true, started in her 30s or so.
  22. anon131 Member

lol, what? Clip/transcript please.
  23. AnonyMama Member

^^I agree. If you haven't watched Oprah through the years, you might assume she does things for ratings. While partially true, Oprah has really changed in the past few years. She jumps on every bandwagon. She went gaga over The Secret until Tolle's book came around. She's also tried every diet in the world and her introduction on Bob Greene;s (diet guy) web site, she says he's the only one who helped her understand how to lose weight blah blah blah and she's heavy again. Years ago, she strolled out with a wagon full of fat - and she was tiny from a liquid protein diet, and she swore she wouldn't gain weight again.

I have more "faith" that Oprah will host a show PRO Scientology than against it. You have to watch her for awhile to get what I am saying. I don't watch her anymore. Her rush to jump on the bandwagons is dangerous, because so many sheeple follow her every command/wish. In a way, she is almost a cult in and of herself. Plus, she is shrewd. If she had concerns about Scientology, she wouldn't associate herself so closely with three main celebrity Scilons: Alley, Travolta, and Cruise :frustration: - especially with all the negative press Scientology's received lately.
  24. AnonyMama Member

Oh - and a couple of years ago, she devoted a show to her CLOSET, bragging how it looked like a department store. We all got to see it as she basked in the glory of her cherry cabinets. It was gross. And, once she had to brag about how her grandmother had a hydrangea bush when Oprah was little, so she had 1800 planted along her driveway at her Gold Coast (Chicago) house. I could go on, but I've given myself a migraine...
  25. Ten Tigers Member

Well, as someone else rightfully pointed out, a dip in ratings will make her pay attention.

Also, what about slipping, "You Found The Card" cards inside of her "O" magazines, while standing in the check-out lines?

If she's going to shill for the cult, why not use her own media for great justice?
  26. Yoni Alter Member

I'm for this interview, no matter how few crazy things he does or says.

I want the word "Scientology" in the news all day, all the time. I want people to know about it and care about it and therefore be concerned when I bring it up on the street. "Oh, Scientology - what about it?"
  27. Daywatch Member

I want JAson Beghe to walk the lines with Anon in Chicago!
  28. Anonabliss Member

Thanks for the idea. Going to the grocery tomorrow armed to the teeth.
  29. AnonyMama Member

And put them inside Tolle's book, too! lol
  30. Ten Tigers Member

That too!!
  31. Yoni Alter Member

32. Ten Tigers Member

:rofl: That article is beautiful...
  33. AnonyMama Member

Because it's misogynistic?
  34. Ten Tigers Member

G'ahhhhhhh!! :frustration: No. Because it's hilarious!
  35. Lrononymous Member

I think that no matter what happens, this will be win for our cause. Cruise will be in the news, scientology will be in the news, stories will link to other recent stories about scientology and the war =)
    A friend who is a rabid celebrity news junkie and knows about my feeling regarding scientology told me years ago about how travolta and cruise bought houses on either side of oprahs house in santa barbara, california. An attempt to gain more influence over her.

For whatever reason, she is in love with these guys. She is of course highly influential. It is possible to bring the abuses perpetrated by the cult to her attention in such a way that she will have to make a public choice. This action requires careful planning and further debate.

This could be great or screw us over big time. Worth investigating though.

I like the idea that truth elves might visit bookstores and such to plant goodies in things that people read. I think that would be a great idea. People would certainly be confused at first but then, it would kind of be like goatse, once you see it you cant forget it lol

We've got an excellent graphics/propaganda wizard here in chicago but I dont want to burn him out. If anyone has something composed, please feel free to post.
  36. its.an0nym0us Member

Dare I ask how you came to that conclusion?

Besides, if anything, it's definitely racist.
  37. Spot Member

Anon should just hand out guy fawkes masks to everyone in line for the show, along with instructions to put them on when Tom Cruise arrives on stage.
  38. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

I really don't see how thats going to work

this is literally serious business, OSA is sure to be there, and O's private security is probably under their thumb.

Like I said before, Cruise and Travolta tried to smooze Oprah into scientology before!

so far a protest and flier campaign seem like the most solid bets
  39. Anonymonus Member

40. Anonabliss Member

Grilled? I'll believe it when I see it.