Customize

Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Robert S, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Hieronymous Member

Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

You chi-townomous better not fuck this shit up. You could very well take the win ratio lead away from DC if you get this right.
  2. Ten Tigers Member

And Tom Cruise didn't embarrass her? Holy couch-jumping whale-wrestling, Batman!! And she's invited him back. Again. :fuckyou:
  3. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

^^ THIS ^^

Don't be like the idiots who disrupted Real Time w/ Bill Maher. It makes you look juvenile and stupid, and then the real message is lost. Remember, we find Rick Rolls hilarious, but the average person has no frame of reference. Are you going to publicly masturbate, or to inform the body politic and bring the Co$ down?

tl;dr: Don't be an asshat.
  4. Lrononymous Member

chianon here. two oprah threads now. consolidate. thanks
  5. WileyCoyote Member

Heh.

Rickrolls ARE pretty much only about the person posting them. I mean the nice little mental picture of someone wasting their time. It's not like there's usually any REAL acknowledgment. So I guess they ARE pretty much masturbatory in nature.

Interesting thought.

And ick. If I had to masturbate in front of Oprah? It'd go softer than Dairy Queen in August in Arizona.
  6. doubleohseven Member

Ok ok ok .. after reading this thread it is very clear there isn't much love here for the ole Oprah talk-show. But I think you're letting your personal feelings about a female talk-show cloud the opportunity of a large audience that Oprah has access to on a daily basis. If you want more and more people to start paying attention to the crimes of Scientology we have to market ourselves in all the different venues. Oprah and/or Oprah's audience is a bridge I think you wouldn't want to burn. If you want this anti-Scientology message to go from the forums to the water coolers at people's jobs, take advantage of her huge audience in a respectful way.
  7. Ten Tigers Member

I think quietly flyering and a low-key picket would be the best approach. Then again, it's entirely possible that my idea sucks floppy donkey dicks...
  8. Vir Member

Balognanon has the right idea here, of picketing outside as well as writing to Oprah before and after.

There's no way to walk in uninvited without looking like you are South African fascists or a lynch mob, or starting a scene from The Bodyguard. If you're lucky enough to be in the audience prepare some inteligent questions and relevant questions in case you get called upon. (For example ask if he knows Jason Beghe??) Don't act like a truther idiot, as said - heckling etc. - that only made Bill Maher look like some kind of hero. Of course a group suddenly starting to sing a cheezy 80s hit song is quite different than individuals screaming bullshit at the stage.
  9. AnonJuan Member

Any Anons have an in at the studio? Because that would be pretty epic. That person could get fliers to the audience, maybe? With info and URLs and junk. Or (depending on what that person's job really is) they could get some info directly to Oprah.

Just a thought.
  10. Hieronymous Member

Good way to get fired too. If people can get inside to the audience that might be neat but what we should be planning for is the outside since that is guaranteed
  11. avatar2008 Member

Protip: Audiences generally have to wait before the set goes "live". Guess what'll they be doing in the meantime? :whistle:
    Might I suggest a prize for "Show this flyer after the show to us to receive a prize"? caek? brownies?
  12. Anonabliss Member

What about a picture of the mask on a flyer with instructions to hold up the flyer when tom cruise comes out?
  13. Vir Member

Origami mask takes too long

How about taking some good quality paper and a colour printer, printing out a Guy Fawkes V face on one side and Tom Cruise with mustache and goatee on the other side. Cut outline. Cut holes for eyes. Attach a rubber band. Now fold it a couple of times to fit in your pocket or even inside your wallet. Hand the same out to all audience members with instructions to put in their pocket. This won't be found unless audience members say "oh we were given these by those guys outside, is it allright if we bring them in?"

Nigthmare mode: Getting a costume shop to give free masks to the whole audience in cooperation with Harpo. "Thanks to Forbidden Planet for the masks that the audience has been wearing during the show. Now take a look under your seats. YOU GET AN INTERNET!" ... etc.
  14. PASIL Member

You want to make caek for 1000? Good luck.

Chianons, don't let us down, we are all counting on you to do this right. Probably the best bet is for you guys to stay as quiet as possible. If there were even 20 of you outside carrying on and making a ruckus then they would be justified to throw you out or, if Oprah is in good with the local authorities and gives them lots of money, be arrested. But if you are mostly quiet and not carrying on (just getting the message out with signs) then the police cannot get you for disturbing the peace.

Also, IIRC, there is a pretty large gate or wall outside of her studios that you guys might not be able to get passed, so plan to protest outside of that gate.
  15. AnonBuff Member

i have no idea why everyone is speculating on getting inside. tickets are sent out months in advance. you are not going to get inside. just focus on protesting peacefully outdoors.

just flier away and try and get the soccermoms to listen to you. Show flier and win prize, what the hell is that. nobody will buy that. demonstrate peacefully outside. if anyone gets thrown out of Oprah for trying to get in and for being stupid this is going to look bad for us. a peaceful demonstration outside her studio will do just fine.
  16. Ten Tigers Member

^^^THIS

Edit: Getting thrown "out of Oprah" means that someone would have to first be IN Oprah... I just had breakfast and everything, man... BAWWWWWW!!!!
  17. Peter Wiggen Member

we need to have a range of reasons for protesting.

People attacking things is bad.

Escape the Colt tom with an anon related pic is good.
  18. ETHANHALL Member

Let's keep the focus on Cruise and $cientology. He is just clueless enough to do no repair work to his or cos' image (which is why he is doing these two interviews in the first place). Let's keep the spotlight on them. We should be viewed as the voice of reason. Do we have enough folks in Chicago for and very large informational picket around the show? Great press for our cause - bad for them. Oprah may feel the need to address the fact that there are a thousand people demonstrating outsdie her studio. I believe only one of the 2 days will be a discussion format with the cos/cruise camp having negotiated one day where they have control over the content.
  19. D... Member

Don't even bother with trying to get in. Just stay outside, flier, inform, and picket.

Signs should hit topics that housewives/Oprah eats up. Sea org, disconnection.

Although, the troll in me is also saying that we should bring humor back into this. It might raise some eyebrows in the general public, but it would be appreciated by those of the internet that have gotten bored with it. Maybe one side could be srs bizness, the other side could be things like "Tom Cruise can't fly" or "Oh shi- It's Tom Cruise. Hide you couch."
  20. MarcabEmpress Member

Try to get some Mom-looking Anons in the audience as part of the last minute line up MOM LOOKING CHURCHLADY TOM FANS.

Who are prepped to ask the right questions and leave "youfoundthecard" cards in the ladies room, stressing CHILD ABUSE and DISCONNECTION. If called on, question should be asked about either of those subjects.

PLEASE leave the rickroll juvie antics (which I fucking love) to the protesters who will be outside. All you need is ONE MOM-TYPE. One super straight looking Anonchik. BUT you want to load the last minute line up with as many as possible, also hot nicely dressed"Tom fan" types who should be briefed and loaded with info to leave in the toilets, drop in lockers, etc.

Meanwhile, OUTSIDE in addition to protesters, have more "moms and dads" passing out info and talking to the line: "My daughter wanted to be an actress, she went to Hollywood and joined Scientology and now wont talk to us for two years. Last time we called she had takne over $40K worth of classes from that group and has nothing to show for it except some weird new words./My son decided to join the Sea Org after taking Scientology classes. We havent heard from him. We are trying to reach him to tell him grandpa died."

I HATE lying, but if you repeat the stories of REAL disconnection, then you are "re-enacting."

OR if you have contacts in Chi who have been disconnected or who are ex-members HAVE THEM go and talk to line out front. CALMLY. As little tin foil as possible, please.
    I suggest doing recon this week to see what the lay of the land is in terms of acces to the lines of people, etc.

Also, write and email about ESK and child abuse issues, disconnection. Tom if asked will say one of two things: "Disaffected unhappy ex members" or "I was shocked to learn of this and have demanded an investigation."

PLEASE LEAVE THE DISRUPTIVE ANON FUN OUTSIDE. We want to get the message across to as many people as possible, open Oprah's mind (she did do a 180 on James Frey) and being goofy hooligans isn't gonna do the job.

Adjust methods to the opportunity and location. Stay on target. God luck.
  21. Hieronymous Member

ESK people, Ex Scientology Kids, pimp it. You want to tug at them heartstrings holding up those milf panties you WILL pimp ESK
  22. Vir Member

Don't ever lie. Never mislead the audience. If you have your own story: Great. If you can bring someone: Great. If you only have stories on the internet, then you can relate it without misleading anyone. If there is a story like the one you're telling, just print it out and hand it out and use it as a talking point, and have signs that call out to scientologists on a first name basis. Go back and look at what worked well at reconnect.

Leave "re-enactment" to the traditional political groups like peace protestors or what have you.
  23. JayJay Member

100% agreed, the only thing needed to bring the Co$ down is the ugly truth. Same thing with Tom Cruise.
  24. AnonBuff Member

dont bother. just give them facts. scientology has enough crap that we can call them out on without having to tell other peoples stories.
  25. MarcabEmpress Member

Thanks for clarifying and firming stating this point!
  26. Thucydides Member

[USELESS COMMENTARY] I've actually had a few daydreams about this. You know, when you force yourself to daydream about something totally mythical?

...then you forget about what you were daydreaming about, and you start to daydream about something else...

but you have this nagging feeling that you want to go back to your old daydream. [/USELESS COMMENTARY]

That show's audience has probably been been booked for a while. Is there ANY way we can get a solitary, courageous Anon or two in there?

...you might get a car out of it. It's fucking Oprah!
  27. Hieronymous Member

Wondering, if we find out the date they are airing, would it be a good idea to raise some funds for plane tickets to fly out OG's or ESK's? I think we need them out there so it isn't just "crazy people in the masks"
  28. MarcabEmpress Member

Taping is May 5. Not sure of air date. Perhaps the internet Anon PR machine could get some action/interest on Chi talk radio, get Tory and/or ESKs booked for phone in interviews with some morning and afternoon (drive time) talk radio people, or the Chi version of LA's KROQ or Cap City area's Edge/Darwin & Cat?

"In light of Tom Cruise's adulatory appearance on Oprah, your listeners will want to learn the truth about Scientology from former NON celebrity members: the mind control, the child abuse, the blackmail and spying. Controversial. Truthful. What your listeners what to hear."
  29. Pelvidar Member

30. GooD Member

Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Here's the link.
  31. number 6 Member

Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

I hope there are some anons who are season pass Oprah ticketholders. Because this show is definitely sold out.
  32. Lrononymous Member

THIS. is something everyone can get in on. The oprah thing will work best if in addition to the in person protest action we take on 5/5 , we step up a campaign to inform oprah and the media of just how terrible the cult of scientology is.

ABC is giving us opportunities if we take advantage of them.The nightline site with comments after the exscnkids show, this oprah page.... we need to mobilize.

A writing campaign to ABC or even local ABC stations..... oh, too tired to type anymore.
  33. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Operation: Harpo-ons!

ChiAnons..... ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!
  34. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

IL Anons, this is the perfect opportunity to protest Tom's treatment of Katie, and show him that he can't "confront, shatter, suppress" the truth.
  35. DarkSim Member

WE NEED ANON HERE!!!

Whoever can get there, even just outside the center to flyer and protest in front of tomkat then DO IT.
  36. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

I'm almost glad I left Illinois.. I wonder if he'll jump all over the couch again... Maybe someone should drop a line to the rest of the Illinois Anons, see who's able to get up there, and who's strapped for cash.
  37. anonspitfire Member

at least you could arrange a protest outside the studio...
  38. Danilov Member

Guys, don't worry... the Chicago anons are already totally on top of all this :)
  39. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

LUV U GUIZ

See you guys in July
  40. Unlisted Member

Yo dudes, search function.