Customize

Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Robert S, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

a co-worker of mine who frequents these boards had a nice suggestion.

name this... Operation: Man the Harpons! (its Oprah backwards)
  2. h0m3r Member

3. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

I knew it. Aim for the 5th Chi-anon.
  4. Lrononymous Member

Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

If they are not going to have him at the studio, thats fine. Perhaps we can still protest outside the studio the day they are airing it. From what I've heard, she tapes maybe two episodes each day at the studio. If she is taping that day, we can still make our statement and educate/bewilder the audience as they wait for admittance to the studio.

Also, a couple of months ago a thread was started here on enturb about some woman/author who had written a book that was influenced/copied from The Way To Happiness. Don't remember if she was a scilon or not. If she is, and oprah is going to have her on, we need to find out.

Will do more digging soon but if anyone was the OP of that older thread or knows anything about this, please post here or PM me. Thanks
  5. GooD Member

Robert, try posting first, then tell us.
  6. JMac85 Member

Who knows, maybe this is an ambush to ream him like she did with that guy who lied about that book he wrote. We can only hope...
  7. Ball Member

tiny dancer is building a $10 million bunker beneath his Telluride, Colorado compound, according to Star Magazine. Tom has designed a ‘ high-tech air-purifying’ system equipped to support up to ten people for over a year.

I wonder if oprah will ask tom about his expertise in high-tech air purification system design? i wonder if suri will be extra cute and if katie will be like everything's so wonderful with tom except the mean'ol press and the internet terrorists.
  8. Anonabliss Member

She's a pod person. Probably going to shed her skin and LRH will be underneath. I say protest the crap out of Harpo every day for a month. :anon::anon::anon::anon::anon::anon::anon::anon::anon:
  9. Daywatch Member

ok 2 MAJOR bits of intel we need before we can start scheming

WHEN

WHERE

until then we're kinda just pissing in the wind

as far as we know the show is already in the can and just waiting to be aired

we COULD just protest the studio on the 5th regardless
  10. anonoblong Member

man gonna have to bring the BIG Harpoon

/me blows dust of the "lulzanator 9000"
  11. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

I just dropped the Jason Beghe interview url on her and told her to catch JMH's interview on Nightline before the interview...

If she won't listen to us, she might listen to Jason.
  12. anon1958 Member

I just read (rumor??) that the show will be taped next Friday at his Telluride home and will aire on May 5.
  13. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

that would be so beautiful haha

blah everyone should send complaints or request she balls up and asks him some scientology related questions but u know she wont and if she does it'll be like so what good things do u all do and she wont man up
  14. DeathHamster Member

Just one word of advice for Oprah: Scotchgard!
  15. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

PS notice how we've all said how quiet Tom has been recently and now he's going on Oprah..me thinks OSA reads our forums and is trying to do PR ...and if so..you all are dumbf*cks that is all ;)
  16. Robert S Member

lol
  17. DarkSim Member

I call flash raid on Oprah!
  18. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

hmmmmmm... that works as an operation name for any Oprah-reated rAIDs.

OPERATION: SCOTCHGARD! ECHO ECHO ECHO
  19. eksef Member

If Oprah was against Scientology, the Co$ would dead in a heart beat. Damn it.
  20. momISanon Member

Operation, HARPO. That's the name of her production company. I think DR. Phil is owned by her, too.
  21. xenubarb Member

You know how Oprah sometimes leaves presents for her audience under their seats?

"Now, if you all look under your seats, you'll find something that Tom Cruise will really love. Please put them on. Oh, what a lovely audience. And now, let's give a big welcome to...
    TOM CRUISE!!!"

I can dream, can't I?
  22. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

Oh, PLEASE. Poor widdle Tom Cruise? Okay, sure, he's in a bad space right now-- the guy is nuts and he's stuck in bizarro land. But ALL he's been having for YEARS now is people up his ass sucking on his balls telling him how great he is. Hordes of screaming fans, and talk about pandering-- cult leaders manufacture fucking flowery meadows for him, and bring him women! And all this from people who don't even know him or actually give a shit about him as a human being-- you think he even has any idea what genuine kindness IS anymore??

What this guy needs is not bunnies and flowers. He needs some REALITY. "They don't do that to my face," he says. And that's his problem right there.

Ooh. That's nice. I will sit and contemplate that mental image for a while. Yes.
  23. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

Unfortunately,cruise's life cannot be brought to reality...I mean,this is the guy when grew up being a a hollywood "celeb" and he got influenced early on by these nutjobs...

If anything,he's just a grown version of wacko Britney Spears...or a "saner" Micheal Jackson...
  24. MarcabEmpress Member

"It is rumored that Oprah is taping a show at Tom's Colorado house next Friday. The show will tentatively air Monday, the 5th of May, his "25-year anniversary" in film."

Sorry Chi-town. But this might be (partially) in response to Anon's good protest work. TAKE IT AS A WIN that he wont show in Chicago.
  25. AnonBuff Member

this just in from yahoo news: Hold on to your couch: Cruise returning to 'Oprah' - Yahoo! News

CHICAGO - Oprah might want to nail down her furniture. Tom Cruise is scheduled to return to "The Oprah Winfrey Show," nearly three years after a couch-jumping appearance that spawned countless YouTube parodies and late-night jokes.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The two-part show will coincide with the 25th anniversary of Cruise's booty-shaking turn in the film "Risky Business." Friends and colleagues will surprise Cruise with taped messages honoring his work in movies, according to a statement Thursday from Harpo Productions.

Winfrey will interview Cruise from his home in Telluride, Colo., for the first show on May 2, which will cover his "family, his life and the future," Harpo said. Then on May 5, Cruise will appear in Winfrey's Chicago studio.

Cruise became the butt of jokes after a May 2005 appearance on Winfrey's show, where he repeatedly jumped on the talk-show host's couch, saying his love for then-new girlfriend Katie Holmes was "beyond cool."

Cruise and Holmes became parents in April 2006 with the birth of their daughter, Suri, and married in Italy in November 2006.
  26. AnonyMama Member

Some info on the Oprah show:

• all purses, cell phones, (masks) etc. are put into lockers before the audience enters. Audience members can't bring anything into the studio with them.
    • although tickets ARE given out months in advance, the first 2-3 rows are often kept open on special theme days or when special guests are on, and Oprah's staff often hand-selects audience members who have a tie-in to the theme in some way.

For example, I know someone whose son was a banker in Chitown and he was called by an employee of the show one morning and asked to come down THAT day to sit in the first row. The topic was successful metrosexual men, and the first three rows were sprinkled heavily with handsome, well-dressed thirtysomethings. My guess is only Tom sympathizers or his "number one fans" will be seated near the stage.
    • My guess is Tom called up and asked Oprah a favor - too coincidental that he's on Oprah right after Madonna made that "big" statement. He's looking to celebrities his target audience "worshps" or have worshipped while growing up to back him up. He and/or his publicist know he is in trouble, career-wise.
  27. Bucky Katt Member

I'm an active member of a monotheistic faith and just this past Sunday my church's minister/pastor/priest/rabbi/imam/spiritual leader (can't be too careful) preached about Oprah's turning away from her faith and castigated her for doing that! (S)he stopped just short of calling her a cultist, but we all got the picture. Granted, I've suspected Oprah's been a cult apologist at the very least and nurturing and developing a cult devoted to her and her alone at the very worst (basically what WileyCoyote alluded to on message #63), but this does make one think about how brainwashed Oprah wants her audience to be. Chitown and D.C. Anonymous, kick as much ass as I know you can.
  28. anonchoir Member

Do they bodysearch?

Can you get a Fawkes Mask in?

Could a whole audience get Fawkes Masks in?
  29. ENSLAVER Member

Stick it in your pants. That's where I keep mine, mmmm freshness.

Maybe some rolled up sign sewn into clothes "WE STILL LOVE YOU TOM, IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO JUMP SHIP" I think the thing he loves above all else is himself, himself doing well at the boxoffice, and himself in pop culture. Messages like ^ drive home the point that his future is bleak if he stays with CO$

Oh, and....
    "hahahahahaha POW"
  30. Lrononymous Member

Looks like we are a go. ChiAnons welcome all Anons to join us. Going to start making "official" arrangements tomorrow. Will keep everyone updated. This has the potential to be huge.....
  31. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

OPERATION: HARPO!!!!
  32. ENSLAVER Member

MAN THE HARPOS
  33. Hieronymous Member

Have we a strike team in Colorado on standby?
  34. AnonX3nu13 Member

Here's an idea of what to do.

1- Gain some weight. You're looking a bit chubby. Don't just stuff the mask under your shirt. Put some padding around it. Duct tape it on your stomach. Or, ladies, hang it from your bra.

or

2- Paper / cardboard backed masks with string. Even easier to stick on your person.

Good luck.
  35. avatar2008 Member

Smuggling a Fawkes Mask would be pretty tough if security frisk for firearms, explosives, etc.

I vote synchronised Rickrolling. Pretty easy to smuggle in mp3 players or mobile phones. Set ringtone to Rickroll and let the lulz commence when Tom's face goes :rage:
  36. Jaster Member

Neither Tom nor Oprah nor most of that audience would have any idea what that meant beyond "Hey, why are all these nerds disturbing our show at the same time". They would justifiably toss you out, and it wouldn't even get a mention on the show.
  37. SimpleCoax Member

Alright dudes, do the damn thing! CoS is obviously using him as a PR stunt. Please ruin it, please ruin it...
  38. avatar2008 Member

Same as the :fawkes: mask, wear one and Tom will go hissy fit, Anons get thrown out, show resumes, unplesant act gets edited out. fin.

A rickroll ringtone however, :whistle:will only the phone confiscated and handed back at the end of the show. When they all go off at the same time, however, mayhem and hilarity ensue. Tom will go srs bsns and "handle" Oprah in front of a live audience. Harpo can edit all they want, but they cannot stop the live audience from talking about it...
  39. OT9000+ Member

[IMG]