Customize

Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Robert S, Apr 24, 2008.

1. DawnOlsen Member

Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

Great scoop, I posted on Glosslip.com - thanks guys!
  2. eksef Member

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. goose1 Member

It wouldnt be surprising to find that Oprah is very sympathetic towards scientology.

Wikipedia:
    She's practically a cult leader herself, idolising blind hope and glossy hair.
  4. Anon Y. Mouse Member

Fuck Oprah, the cult loving rich bitch. Money does weird things to people.
  5. Lrononymous Member

Thanks Robert S. This is gonna be fun lol. All anons welcome to visit chicago....
  6. SenatorXenu Member

We can only hope she gives out GF masks on the show
  7. Daywatch Member

to slow faggot
  8. Sargo Member

my hero^_^
  9. dirk nimrod Member

Someone find out when they are shooting this episode, and Chicago Anons should flier the people going in or coming out of the studio, and stay outside during the duration of the episode.
  10. tiggernew Member

At the very minimum, Chianons have got to be out in front of the studio on the day of, handing out flyers to people in line. Keep the flyers relatively light -- about how strange his behavior has been, how he's brainwashed, about what Scientology does, and how he has unknowingly been propagating a group that commits the crimes of ________.

SALT THE FIELD AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, PEOPLE!
  11. Robert S Member

To slow faggot a what? How do you slow faggot something? Or is it somebody named Peter Noone ever does that anymore?? :teacher:
  12. anonGF Member

If you just find out the right month {or guess} you could flier before every screening just to be sure. :innocent:
  13. Anne Ominous Member

Poor ol' Tom's career has taken a pounding of late. Plus his family's on the rocks atm it would seem.

What he needs more than ever is a show of support. As Magoo was saying about her meeting with Travolta at a Hairspray screening, being warm and friendly is far more effective at winning them over.

Tom's at a low. A sign saying 'We love you Tommy!' being held up by an Anon would certainly shatter whatever glass shite the cult has fed him.

Just my thoughts. Something to mull over.

(ducks, flees country)
  14. monamia Member

and/or a bunch of anons at the entrance to the studio, making friends with the audience, who enter the studio FULL of questions.

This news is interesting. This is the Scien PR people placing tom on Oprah. They are RESPONDING to anon via their only predictable friendly venue.

Time for some enturbulation in Chicago.
    Oprah lives in the Ritz Carlton bldg, as I recall.
  15. monamia Member

ditto, as you can see.
  16. D... Member

Oh goody, the two most overrated people in show business.

I'm tempted to say "Don't do anything," because the Tom Cruise law, the longer they put him on camera the greater the likelyhood he will do crazy shit and alienate all his fans.

EDIT: Don't do anything alone. Ever. Also Oprah tickets are probably impossible to get because every housewife in America worships her.
  17. SenatorXenu Member

If he says something about anons outside, we win the game
  18. D... Member

True, but do not underestimate the power of Oprah on her fanbase. One word at they will come at us with frothing mouths.
  19. SenatorXenu Member

Either way, it means massive media coverage, and don't underestimate the people who hate Oprah, either.
  20. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

I completely agree. My natural inclination when faced with someone who is trying to push the lie of Scientology is to fight back, but the most useful tactic at changing someone's mind is love and compassion, in my opinion. Now, I don't have any pity for Miss Cabbage or any of the hierarchy of the CoS, but I do have it for just about all other Scientologists, especially those who were born into the church and heavily indoctrinated.

Anyway, very few (if any) Scientologist is going to change his/her views overnight. It's a huge decision, and something that isn't going to be made hastily. If we remember, it was Andreas being kind to Tory that eventually lead to her change.
  21. ThetanCluster Member

A protest outside of Harpo Studios the day of the event has the potential to make it into some papers. At the very least, the papparazi will be out in force. I would suggest gearing the protest message towards urging Oprah to do a show featuring the girls from exscientologykids (I seem to remember at least one of them saying they'd be up for it). Pit her gullibility of accepting any spiritual, self-help bullshit to come down the pike as inherently positive against her "But what about the CHILDREN?!?!" handwringing. Perhaps Anons could hold up a nice big banner across the street from the entrance that says something along the lines of "Child Abuse is More Important than Pandering to Celebrities," with a plug for exscientologykids at the bottom. Get the audience buzzing about the protest during commercial breaks while Tom's up on stage.
  22. Anne Ominous Member

Good point, actually. If Oprah were to see obvious protestors in her ranks, she might make an offhand judgement about us protesting a religion and decry us. We would get media coverage, but as we have dealt it to the Co$ in spades, we should know - negative press is not necessarily a good thing.

Regardless of whether or not she's right, Anon probably shouldn't get Oprah and her elite Rabid Housewives to declare war on us.

(gets back to fleeing country)
  23. WileyCoyote Member

I've been saying FOREVER that Oprah is edging into the cult's pocket and nobody listens.

Its true this Tolle guy she's hooked up with has a slightly different set of beliefs without the Scilon hierarchy behind it, but there's a clear, if informal connection, with Oprah as the middle point. Mainly? She's a common target--a sucker.

I mean it is NOT irrational, loosely drawn conspiracy theories when not one, not two, but THREE Scientologists make major news in connection with Oprah in the course of about three weeks.

1.) John Travolta appears as a guest on her "Big Give" show.
    2.) Right on the heels of that, Harpo Productions makes a deal to produce a talk show for Kristie Alley.
    3.) Now Tommy Boy is getting a chance to talk again on her show to shore things up for himself and the cult.

Meanwhile, surrounding ALL of this, Oprah hooks up with this Tolle guy and starts selling a new age belief system, with courses and such for sale. On a penny ante scale compared to Scientology, costwise, but on a much larger scale in another sense because she's Oprah and millions do what she says without a second thought. Again, I doubt there's much of a formal connection going on here, but I think she's been targeted, independently, as a SUCKER by both Tolle and Scientology and that's the connection. With one using her to push his book and classes, and the other seeing how suggestible she is (and likely sympathetic) and pushing her for appearances and deals and such.

And because this is Oprah, and because of that slavish devotion people have to her, this is indeed very dangerous.
  24. CVAnonymous Member

I think it was CNN that recently ran an online poll asking "Do you worship Oprah?" 89% said no. Shame they didn't have "fuck no" or "wtf?" as choices.

I'm with ThetanCluster on this. Raid outside Harpo Studios on the day the show airs.

Oprah's show requests are so backed up that you can't get inside the studio for a year, at least. It's worse than getting reservations at DisneyWorld hotels. So, no one's going to be able to get inside (legally, anyway). And if someone were to get inside, they would just not be shown on camera. If the entire audience suddenly put on Guy Fawkes masks, you would each be ushered out. and the sciwhore would probably try to have you arrested.

So yes, OUTSIDE the studio.
  25. h0m3r Member

The last time Tom Cruise was on Oprah was the last time Scientology spiked so high on Google if you check GoogleTrends so this is a good thing. And protesting outside the studio sounds like a plan also. I think Xenu.net will get extra hits that day!!
  26. AnonEFG12365 Member

If we can have anon in the crowd that would be epic. when tom looks around, all he sees are Guy fawkes masks.

Remember Tom, anon is Everywhere and nowhere! ;)
  27. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

Idolatry is dangerous. The idols themselves are harmless. Slavish devotion happens EVERYWHERE so there's no point demonizing one particular target.

Slightly different? Please enlighten me how Tolle's space opera is "slightly different" than Hubbard's. :alien:

Regardless, I remind you that Anonymous has no issue with anyone's beliefs, only their actions. NYPA.

And if Oprah's guest can win converts from exclusionist religions, reducing the number of people who think they're holier than thou, then I (for one) welcome her involvement.
  28. Ball Member

I wouldn't care about oprah if not for her proximity to obama.
    unfortunately she's more than just a talk-show host.
  29. inlandanon Member

It is rumored that Oprah is taping a show at Tom's Colorado house next Friday.

Source: perez
  30. its.an0nym0us Member

OH SHI-

Don't forget yer googlebombs children.
  31. anon4eva Member

Ahhh....worth the trip to Chicago! Imagine, hundreds, no thousands gathered outside of HARPO productions. Why does OPIE worship the $cieno-celebs? Is she a closet scifag?
  32. WileyCoyote Member

Okay, then judge Oprah's actions in the light that she's not only given Tolle a platform, but is actively working to prop up the failing careers of John Travolta, Tom Cruise and Kristie Alley. NONE of whom have been able to get all that much work in recent years.

Yeah, its Oprah's right to help whoever she wants to. But its the proximity to the recent protests, and the flavor of complete obliviousness in Oprahland to Scientology that stinks to high heaven.

Most people don't recall that Oprah's talk show used to do shows themed around real issues. She's had shows about cults in the past. These days its all shouting, giving audience members free stuff, and kissing celeb ass, but she wasn't always that person as a talk show host.

So maybe at the very least there's reason to be disappointed in her, even if you support her right to boost Celeb-Scilons. But lord, a nice fantasy might be built around her getting these people on her couch and actually asking them hard questions. "So, Tom, what do you actually know about Sea Org"? "Kristie, are you familiar with Disconnection"? "Hey, John, do you think that the run of the mill people in Scientology are treated like you are?"

Sigh. Fantasies are for suckers. Signs outside of Harpo Studios? What they will do is change the mind of the public maybe, but not Oprah herself. Who's oblivious at best.
  33. dub Member

11% said yes.

that's a scary thought.
  34. anonymoose Member

Hire yourselves a limo and all pile out of it onto the sidewalk outside the studio....
  35. BlueDreamer Member

11% would still equate to a lot of people, especially in the US. Outside of the US, it would mean jack-shit though... :fuckyou:
  36. AnonymousNow Member

I would bet that if there was a vocal protest that TC had to navigate when going into the Oprah building, his super OT powers would not prevent him from becoming flustered on the set.
  37. captainslug Member

DC Anons are interested in participating in whatever the Chicago Anons are scheming in relation to this. Quite a few of us are willing to make the trip even.
  38. Lrononymous Member

KICKASSSSSSSS
  39. AnonEFG12365 Member

D.C. anon's ...

you gaiz are now officially the most kick ass group of S.O.B's on the planet

That is all
  40. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

If I were a betting man...I'd say they'll let Cruise out of his cage the week before or after May 10th. It'll keep him fresh in the minds of the wogs and run interference of any news on the protest. Hopefully, if you can get The German Document translated, that would equal Big Epic Win.

I'm also up for a massive write in campain for Jason, Andreas and Tori along with the Ex Scientology Kids.

DO IT FOLKS!