Customize

Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Robert S, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Robert S Member

Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Outside of Tory being born here I don't know of any.
  2. Anonabliss Member

Ok, all done. We're snowmobiling into the mountains, listening to Oprahisms, I wish you peace, blah blah blah. Total garbage.
  3. Undesignated Member

good luck anons for the protest, this will be epic.

Weird though, had my first Scientology related dream last night, it had Oprah talking to him and asking about the video leaked in January. Oprah asks if he really meant that there was never a chance of him getting to talk to an SP. Cruise says yes. Then she goes 'Well maybe you would like to meet my next guest... Mark Bunker come on in'. Tom Cruise's head then explodes as wise beard man walks on stage.
  4. Joyful Member

5. cannedonymous Member

I find it funny that Cruise refers to scientology as a "minority religion" when everyone has heard about how it's "the only major religion to have been founded in the twentieth century"...
  6. Daywatch Member

90% of things on OCMB are pure crap

FYI
  7. prot Member

8. Yoni Alter Member

I started reading the huge thread about Cruise and Spielberg but got frustrated by all of the Mr. Moviestar and Mr. Moviemaker and Mr. X stuff. Couldn't follow it anymore.
  9. CherrieZ Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Those sneaky bastards taped yesterday!!
  10. momISanon Member

Well, fuck a duck. :frustration:
  11. Pelvidar Member

Anyone able to torrent that shit?
  12. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Cynthia Kisser, former head of Cult Awareness Network before Co$ sued it out of existence. But I have no idea what she's up to now.
  13. avbb Member

After watching 45 minutes of Oprah very carefully orchestrating the questions, I have come to the conclusion she has gone to the dark side. Her infatuation with TC is very apparant. TC looks like he needs a vitamen and some auditing.

If I'm not mistaken Oprah is the richest woman in the world, you bet the $cilons are GOOD to her. Having her as a spokesperson is a frightening thought.

I never cared much for the woman and have even less respect for her now.
  14. Yoni Alter Member

Man the harpoons!

There are going to be a thousand stories on this on the web, and I want to see Anons posting comments on every single one of them. To the battle(toad) stations!
  15. Panini Member

I don't think Oprah is truly on the dark side. She just doesn't know enough about scientology yet. Remember, "Scientology, it's worse than you think".

So how do we get her informed?

Well, there's a TON of her audience on her message boards to dicuss a certain spiritual book.

She's doing online classes now for Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth". I read somewhere that ex-scientologists find Tolle helpful for recovering after they've blown. Does anyone have any more info on this? We need to launch a "Reading Tolle for Cult Victims" thread in the A New Earth discussion forum. That would gain a TON of attention from their message board. THIS IS THE PRECISION HARPOON THAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW.
  16. CherrieZ Member

I read "A New Earth" and it is amazing (as well as very cheap compared to Scientology!!)!! Tolle is such a quiet, peaceful person I wouldn't be surprised if "recovering scientologists" sought his aid in the aftermath of fleeing the cult. Now that I think about it the theory behind 'A new earth' is about the polar opposite of Scientology!!!!!! Is anyone else familiar with the book? Someone back me up here :guyfawkes: lol
  17. Panini Member

Yeah, I'm a fan of both of his major books. There are rumors that Tolle himself is a jackass, but he presents ancient wisdom in a very accessible format.

I agree that scientology is the polar opposite of the big Tolle push of Oprah. In fact, a few people on the message board have stated something to the same effect.

That's why I think it's a good angle to get through to Oprah's audience.
  18. Daywatch Member

Tolle fan club please STAY ON TARGET
  19. Panini Member

Exactly what hasn't been on target?
  20. CherrieZ Member

Oh i'm sorry, helping ex-sci's isn't important I forgot :(
  21. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

target fag want target = thread topic, even if on topic for anon in general.

there are certain levels of targetfag fanaticism that help, others, that hurt.

Daywatch is usually on the helpful side....
  22. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

I thought I was watching MTV Cribs there, for the first part
  23. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Oprah read Andrew Morton's book. I wonder if thats why she seemed so uncomfy at first
  24. iaxiloll Member

25. Lrononymous Member

Well folks, the time has come. Chicago Anon is off to get work done. Will report back later this afternoon!
  26. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Good luck Chicaganons! *salute* Hope it goes well in the land of Harpo.
  27. Ten Tigers Member

GO, CHIANONS!!!! GET SOME!!!!!!
  28. unidentified Member

Some good PR on sky news showbiz headlines (via red button on sky) - they're reporting it as

'Tom Cruise, a prominent member of the Church of Scientology, told Oprah Winfrey he was wrong to have suggested pospartum depression could be controlled by taking nothing stronger than vitamins'

From what's been said in this thread it seems to be a slight spin on what he actually said, but nobody in the UK's seen the Oprah interview so this will be taken as what he actually said. If I was a UK Scientologist and read that I'd be wondering why he was soo out-tech.
  29. PASIL Member

Good luck today guys!!
  30. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

tom says the leaked video of the IAS awards was heavily edited and spun for bad pr. it was originally him talking privately to his church and was collecting an award for world literacy at an 'event'. whole panoply? freedom medal? it was all made up by the editing! oprah concurs.
  31. eksef Member

May you fight, with honor.
  32. Magoo Member

Thanks for "Part 1"---does anyone have the rest? I saw all but part 1---but some others missed it all.

Any links appreciated.

Good luck in Chicago----my main suggestion is check with the cops AHEAD of time on what is legal, what is not-----and stick to that. Stay off their property----and have a peaceful picket.

They'll shield TC from you----------but in play backs, O *may* see you,
    although my guess is her staff censors things like this, too.

Amazing, isn't it?

Good luck!

Tory/Magoo~~
  33. SamuelAdams Member

Do I hear & SEE canned laughter from the audience? I wonder if the applause-o-meter is the same. We'll need to review the audience shots.
  34. Re: Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Did anyone else make it to OprahLand? There was noone else there from 10:10 to 10:40, when I had to leave to make an appt (and get out of an uncomfortable Marcabian mock-up). A morning full of fail.
  35. Lrononymous Member

Hey everyone. We were there and I had a very good time. I believe we had a total of 6 people through he day. At our highest point between 11 and 1 we had 4 people there.

We were masked, had signs, got alot of exposure to traffic, handed out alot of flyers, had a good rapport with the policeman who was assigned to us and generally made ourselves known.

There were alot of female people wandering around carrying 'oprah' bags. My keen city livin skills pegged them as tourists by the cameras they bandied about so carelessly. A good many of them stopped to take flyers when I asked them " Want to know why I am dressed like the hamburgler? or want to know why I look like a b-movie villain?" (pics will explain this). people took flyers and read them. Some even came back down the block to ask more questions after reading.

Cars stopped to ask why we were there and took flyers. Got a few honks from supportive people.

We had the three corners in front of oprahs studio covered with anons and signs. A few times anons went round the block with signs to catch lunching people and give them flyers.

The cops gave us no trouble about being there or about masks. I think our work in harassing them for months on the mask issue has paid off. The officer gave one suggestion that we try to be extra friendly so that we dont scare people with the masks.
    There was some dancing to get extra attention.

A number of oprah staff people stopped and asked questions. A few took flyers.

Overall I would say that it was a good day. We were there and made people ask questions. about half the people I talked with when handing out flyers said they would google scientology + fair game, scientology + disconnection and visit exscientologykids.com.
    We got props from the public for being there for the kids.

The timing of the thing (school exams) hurt our attendance but I think we made a difference today. I'm proud to stand beside these people.

Thanks
  36. Anon1720 Member

I thought about you Chicago Anons all day, wondering how it went.

While the numbers may have been small it appears that you got lots of info out and regualar folk asking questions. This is good news as they'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, etc, etc, etc,. :applause:
  37. Lrononymous Member

38. D... Member

Awesome work Chicagoanon
  39. its.an0nym0us Member

This makes me wish I HAD chosen to go to school in Chitown instead of the shitty place I attend. Way to rock it guys!