Customize

Tom Cruise has royally pissed off our veterans..

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Anonymous, Nov 9, 2013.

1. muldrake Member

I hate to defend this pint-size psycho, but there are entirely legitimate reasons to be critical of him and this isn't one of them. If anything, this is something dumb his lawyer said that has been subsequently taken out of context.

From what seems to me to be a more accurate source. Jake Tapper from one of CNN's blogs.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. muldrake Member

At least OAG is kidding and can turn them off.
  3. The Internet Member

Thanks for the info about the Afghanistan quote, muldrake. Celebrity news makes me sleepy and I only half pay attention and would never have known Cruise didn't actually say that without your help.

I did have this little feeling that we were not being generous enough toward Mr. Cruise here. It's hard to be generous when you want to exploit some embarrassment for The Cause. But in the long run I think generosity = winning.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

fixt for posterity. As long as we remember the fallen, we damn well better remember how horrible it was and the reason why was a bunch of idiot generals who needed a war in their generation to try out their dandy new death toys for the glory of their peens.

For those interested in the lead up, Barbara Tuchman's 'Proud Tower' and 'Guns of August' are good starting ground.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Anonymous Member

I'll no doubt get slammed for this, but why do we honor people who go to foreign lands to target and kill innocent people at the behest of sociopaths?

I understand that we want to believe they are doing something honorable, but in point of fact they are the tip of the spear of empire. Their job is to impose our will on others. The reason people are attacking the US is because we have been attacking them for decades.

If our troops withdrew to the US the world would immediately become a safer place for all the 7B people of the world.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. anonamus Member

Ok.. I'm so sorry for him, poor Tom.
  7. Another way to look at it is that the public could believe this about TC. Perception = reality in the world of PR. Nuance is not welcome in Hollywood.

This flap shows that not only the broader public could believe this about TC, on some levels, they already DID. If you read the comments to the gossip sites, you'll see the work of Anonymous' information campaign. The gossip-reading public knows about Shelly, disconnection, Xenu, thetans, child labor, the whole bit.

Game over, TC. Go off to your mansion(s) and count your $$ like Scrooge McDuck. No amount of Pat Kingsley magick can bring you back from this one. And as a parting gift, I leave you the winning quote from D-Listed's Caption This contest:

http://dlisted.com/2013/11/11/the-caption-this-contest-for-november-13th/
  8. At least he felt the sting and knows we are watching
  9. JohnnyRUClear Member

Who cares if it's accurate? It's true for me!
    • Like Like x 11
  10. DeathHamster Member

Have any Olympic athletes called him out yet? That one is still on the table.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. muldrake Member

I have no sympathy for Tom Cruise or his slimy lawyer Bert Fields, who is one of the 99% of lawyers who give the rest a bad name. I just don't think inaccurate information is useful. The tiny little carcass of Tom Cruise should be showered liberally with any slings and arrows that are likely to work.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. RightOn Member

whether his comments were taken out of context or not...
    he is still a scum bag cult supporter who has worked diligently to try to spread Applied Scholastics to the school systems. He even met with Rod Paige in DC way back when. AND he spear headed the 911 First Responders detox program.
    And besides, in those 110 days he didn't see Suri, he could have easily visited her. Instead he went o the IAS ball. Everyone is more outraged than he about this whole thing because he is obviously going with the "kids are adults in kid's bodies" belief. He did say that if Suri asked him to be there for her first day of school, he would have been. He never once said he wanted to be there or he missed being there for her first day of school.
    So fuck you Tom in all your fail.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 4
  15. JohnnyRUClear Member

That's all true (AFAIK), except that he actually saw Suri 3 times during those 110 days.

Carry on...
  16. Anonymous Member

17. DeathHamster Member

Did any of Cruise's movies have a concerned father character? Maybe that's the problem: He didn't have a role that he could play during the depositions, and defaulted to his arrogant prick personality. ("It was brutal, just brutal. I couldn't handle the Suri!")

For a guy that invented gesture interfaces (= hired as an actor in a movie using them), he's not too tech hip.

Lose: Talked on the phone with Suri. (Jury reaction: "Yawn, boring!")
    Win: Had many video chats with Suri. Took her on a video tour of the area. (Jury reaction: "Ooooh, cool!")

Tom: Smart phone, Google Chat. Done, over!
    • Like Like x 2
  18. RightOn Member

whooppee!
  19. Anonymous Member

tomcruise.png?w=500.png
  20. muldrake Member

If they did, it wasn't Tom Cruise. Can you imagine him playing a concerned father?

He does a pretty good job playing a shallow sociopath, though.

Maybe that's because it doesn't require much acting.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. muldrake Member

One of the half-ironic things about these stories is the idea that Tom Cruise is actually depriving Suri of his presence in an evil manner. Seriously, if this asshole was your dad, would his absence from your life be a bad thing?

If I were Suri, I'd want all the money I could get from Tom Cruise, but as for Tom Cruise himself, GTFO. Stay away.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Cassie Member

His absence from my life wouldn't be too much of a problem, he's a Scientologist and a bit of a loose cannon too.
    He's welcome to his money, accepting it is another way of staying connected.

I would be happy to pass on both, but Suri is still too young to make those decisions so we have to hope her mother will make wise choices for her.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. DeathHamster Member

No sir I can't, but I haven't seen that many Cruise films (three?) so I didn't know if I'd missed one.
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. 989

He knows about the war with the psychs, you don't..........unless you've read or seen Battlefield Earth!
  27. Kilia Member

You mean to tell us that the Olive Garden does not have dates on their menu?? ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  28. RightOn Member

no I meant their food is pre-measured in bags and fake Italian shit. And anyone who takes someone there "for a date" should be dumped. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  29. JohnnyRUClear Member

I'll go. I like Olive Garden. Could be cuz I'm too poor to move up. The bread sticks really are pretty good though...
    • Like Like x 1
  30. anonamus Member

He'd have to have a stunt performer doing all the takes featuring him. :D
    • Like Like x 2
  31. RightOn Member

noooooooooooooooo
    go to their website and look at the nutritional section.
    The amount of fat in their dishes will surprise you ( and kill you)
    I know somebody who used to work there,, it was gross food that came pre measures in bags
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mark-wah...cking-dare-you-compare-acting-to-afghanistan/

• Like Like x 5
  33. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  35. RightOn Member

more legs to this story!
    the depo that keeps on giving
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

Mark Wahlberg telling it like it is.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Cassie Member

Mark Wahlberg's comment "how fucking dare you" sums it up perfectly.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. The Internet Member

Hey I just thought of a way to troll Tom Cruise: RussianBrides4TomCruise.com, with pictures of lovely Russian ladies and a collection of letters in poor English explaining what these ladies are willing to put up with in order to marry Mr. Cruise.

Anyone who wants to run with the idea, it is yours.
  39. Anonymous Member

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...ish-gay-journalists-to-cotton-picking-slaves/

• Like Like x 3