Customize

Tom Cruise finally helps a real Church

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by Optimisticate, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Optimisticate Member

Tom Cruise finally helps a real Church

I guess because she's such a shrinking violet...

Showbiz - News - Tom Cruise 'wants to help Church in US' - Digital Spy

Just keep her out of your little cult, Tommy, and all will be well.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Tom Cruise finally helps a real Church

InB4namechange2CharlotteCult.
  3. Belladonna Member

Jan 2010
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/304-celebrity-news/charlotte-church-gavin-henson-put-marriage-plans-hold-59626/

4. LWrongHubbard Member

Funny that Tom Cruise takes an interest in Charlotte Church just a couple of days after Peaches Geldof, another British celebrity in her early twenties, becomes a liability to Scientology's image.
  5. auchraw Member

Funny that Tom Cruise takes an interest in Charlotte Church just after Gavin Henson expresses an interest in Scientology. Is Gavin, like, a hunk?
  6. RightOn Member

Any person should worry if Cruise shows intererest in them.

"Tom, do you really think I am that great? And thank you for the free books and the tour of the celebrity center" herp derp
  7. Consensus Member

It's funny how broken they are.

They used to lure celebs in by promising to promote their career - but it's a self-serving promotion, to get Scientology into the news. Now, scientology can only help people discretely - which isn't much help to either sides. If an article like this comes out, it's immediately met with 'Are they grooming so-and-so for cult indoctrination?!?!' It's not met with thoughts of 'Oh, I like Tom Cruise, I'll check out this (so-and-so) fellow/lass, also I have noted that Scientology, which I know little about, was mentioned in a favorable light.'
  8. auchraw Member

In other words anyone the world has ever heard of, way down to List D so-called celebrities, who gets involved with Scientology is by definition such a loser they have negative publicity value for the cult.

I like it.
  9. Belladonna Member

Lol U bad.

Just an injured footballer with a spotty history and a celebrity relationship - familiar territory for the Cruiser.

Gavin Henson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  10. LWrongHubbard Member

Scientology's not exactly a religion held in high regard in the UK. We tend to be pretty cynical about religious matters, and Scientology with its flashy videos, gaudy orgs and relentless celeb-whoring is really not best suited to these shores. What they're clearly trying to do is recruit a celebrity spokesperson specifically for the UK, someone who appeals to young people (i.e. those who are less likely to know the score).

Peaches Geldof had potential - young, not bad looking, appeals to the youth demographic, standard gossip magazine fodder. Unfortunately, she cocked it all up by getting involved in a story that explicitly links the Celebrity Centre with one-night stands and drug abuse.

Charlotte Church, meanwhile, has many of the same qualities, but the added advantage that she's been with Gavin for quite some time now and is therefore less likely to shoot up, bonk a stranger and chunder all over the Celebrity Centre. Although it would be quite funny if that happened.
  11. auchraw Member

Does this new move mean they have given up on Posh and Beck? Are there any <quotes>famous</quotes> British Scientologists?

If I were CC I would be very very careful. Scientology is the kiss of death to careers and families. Scientology didn't do much for Tom Cruise, or for Peaches, or for anyone else.
  12. Belladonna Member

Yeah, strangely enough, TomKat remain neighbors, and supposedly close friends, with Posh N Becks, but Becks' most recent tattoo was of Jesus, and nobody's seen them doing Celebrity Centre stuff (that I know of) for a long time. Indoctrination unsuccessful. No further news on how Gavin Henson's interest in Scientology has progressed.
  13. LWrongHubbard Member

I can't think of any that the CoS really pushes. Mind you, given that recent celebrities associated with the cult include Peaches "smack, chunder and tits" Geldof and Amy "my blood is classed as a hazardous material" Winehouse, I'm not entirely surprised.

It could be that there are UK Scieno celebs, but the CoS doesn't seem to produce films specifically for the UK market, so we only ever see the American ones.
  14. The VK Member

Tom Cruise is the Pedobear of Hollywood.

Except that he works for Scientology.
  15. Anonymous Member

I'd hope Charlotte Church had more sense that to get involved in scientology.

I can only speculate why some famous people "show an interest" and that is that they are so cocooned from reality that they might fall for some "it's the must be in group to network" patter. I'd hope current publicity demonstrates even to the most shielded celeb that scientology is bad news.
  16. Anonymous Member

Charlotte gave up on this?? What?? Is she nuts?

gavinhenson.jpg
  17. JohnnyRUClear Member

Good looks always = good relationships. I thought everybody knew that by now.
  18. Anonymous Member

One Narcissist = good relationship
    Two Narcissists = match made in Hollywood heaven
  19. pedrofcuk Member

Funny, that.
  20. DeathHamster Member

There's a reason that the UK CC building is also known as the Tomb of the Unknown Celebrity...
  21. TypingChimp Member

Damn you creative Britfags. You created that accurate name for your CC, and just when the one in LA looks to qualify for that moniker as well... The last good movie Travolta was in was Swordfish, and he basically played a raving psychopath in it. Before then, The General's Daughter, where he played a boring guy reprising, in essence if not in fact, Tom Cruise's role in A Few Good Men. He did a movie or two between those. I can't remember which 8 time Razzie Award winner whose writer just offered a public apology for the film one of those films was. So you're talking about nine years of shitty movies. And Wild Hogs, didn't that win Razzies as well?