Customize

Tom Cruise Confirmed for Lovecraft's "At The Mountains of Madness"

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by tippytoe, Mar 7, 2011.

1. tippytoe Member

http://screencrave.com/2011-03-07/t...mountains-of-madness-starts-shooting-in-june/

2. Anonymous Member

"Mountains of Madness"? How fitting.

• Like Like x 3
  3. So does that mean to get into character h has to go off the cans and see the psyches? that would drive a scilon mad
  4. AnonLover Member

FFS - isnt anything sacred... GTFO of my Lovecraft.
    • Like Like x 12
  5. lokimotion Member

There's already a movie similar to that, it's called The Thing. I hear there's a prequel on the way.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dont care
    still going to watch it when it comes out
    i know ima get the roasting of 10 lifetimes for this but
    even if it was once upon a time he was a good actor
  7. If only he would act in a Hubbard story. LOL. Revolt in the Stars sounds like a good one. Or maybe Buckskin Brigades.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. And early Powerman 5000 can be the soundtrack! :O
  9. missy Member

Going out on a limb here but I'm thinking "dog-sled guy" might just be a guy riding a dog sled. Krystal Clark has proven that absolutely anyone can get published in the internet age.
  10. Smurf Member

Update: I'm afraid this news could be premature. Word is that nothing is set in stone yet and Del Toro might actually direct a different movie for Warner Bros called Pacific Rim in the interim while Universal arses about deciding what to do with At The Mountains Of Madness. Sad news for Lovecraft fans, although Pacific Rim is apparently also about giant monsters of some kind.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=31431
  11. Anonymous Member

Maybe they'll shoot it on location in R'lyeh?
  12. subgenius Member

Crazy he can play.
    "Pacific Rim" would be a good fit too.
    "A story of gay love in Tahiti"
    • Like Like x 3
  13. RightOn Member

great minds think alike
  14. subgenius Member

well yeah, he should be doing a series of all Hubbard's books, and stories
    they could make it very retro and do it like in the old days where you had to come back every week to see the next episode
    serials, each week ended with a cliffhanger so that you had to come back to see what happened
  15. xenubarb Member

Tom Cruise and Lovecraft? That's what I consider "sad news" for Lovecraft fans. I should know, I are one.

May great Cthulu rise and devour his soul on the Plains of Leng...
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Yeah he should --- ON THE RADIO!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

There was a recent ESMB thread about stocking the scientific libraries of ANTARCTICA with Diarrhetics. (I shit you not)

Davey must be thinking Tommyboy is going on location for this... must get the place all cleared up so when Davey visits Tommy everything will be... Just Perfect

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=21717&highlight=Antarctica
  18. subgenius Member

Sure, on the radio too or only on the radio.
    But I'm startin' to like this idea....like the Aussie thing with free manicures, etc which made me think that they have given up and are in transition to new markets and functions....eg $cientology Spas.....srsly.....
    Cruise, et al could show the strength of their beliefs by doing only LRH stuff, albeit in a smaller format, and mining that niche for all its worth.....small can be big......he ain't gonna ever be big in hollywood again (while still a $cientologist) so why not take your fan base and live comfortably ever after doing what you purportedly love, ie spreading your faith ?
    • Like Like x 1
  19. veravendetter Member

I wish they'd gone for 'Dreams in the Witch House'. Tom could've played Gilman, and Miscavige could've cameoed as the dead baby he finds in the wall of his room.
    • Like Like x 4
  20. subgenius Member

Now we're talkin'
    do it you scilon faggots
    do it
    channel your inner sheen
    • Like Like x 1
  21. xenubarb Member

Tom can play a perfect rugose cone. I kinda picture Nyarlathotep as being the kind of guy who would gleefully jump on a couch...before ripping it apart and destroying its soul.
  22. veravendetter Member

Sounds tailor-made for Cruise
    • Like Like x 1
  23. SOJOA Member

Not pleased about it but makes me laugh a bit on the inside.

Xenu couldnt kill Cthulhu.......so Tom Cruise is going to handle it.
  24. LocalSP Member

• Man, Guillermo del Toro just can't get it together. Last month the director was given a fairly unfortunate profile in The New Yorker that basically painted him as a sad nerd who is constantly undone by his own childish ambition. It spoke a little bit about his abrupt departure from the helm of The Hobbit and chronicled his development of a new movie, an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness. This was to be a huge project involving lots of creature design — del Toro's true passion — and, y'know, money. So he pitches it and it goes well and development continues and the article ends, but not without the vague sense that this thing was never actually gonna happen. And, indeed, today it looks like it isn't. It appears that del Toro is pulling out of negotiations with Universal, over budget concerns and an unwillingness to soften the violence and gore to assure a PG-13 rating rather than an R. So that's it for Mountains for now. Another dream project scuttled. Del Toro might jump to another monster movie, a safely PG-13 one called Pacific Rim, but that's not set in stone. So for now he'll keep dreaming and dreaming (and announcing projects that are in no way sure things) and, it sadly seems, spinning his wheels. [THR]
  25. Just as well. I like Lovecraft and it would have been the shits to have the movie out and me not able to watch it due to intense faggotry of the lead.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. eddieVroom Member

/r/ celebrity blow-up

edit: nothing to see here, folks:

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/...3/08/mountains_of_madness_derailed/index.html
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Zak McKracken Member

If you had to pick between "Tom Cruise" or "PG-13"....
  28. DeathHamster Member

Brooke Shields? Well, she blew up Tom Cruise. He blew up real good!

War of Words July 1, 2005, Brooke Shields, Op-Ed, New York Times
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Lorelei Member

• Like Like x 2
  30. Zak McKracken Member

31. Smurf Member

32. Hell. it is a shitty thing for Del Toro fans as well.

I hope his character gets eaten by a tentacled creature of suspicious geometry somewhere around the 20 minute mark.

Other wise, I will have to pass even tho I am a fan of both Lovecraft and Del Toro.
  33. Zak McKracken Member

Fastest glowing religion on Earth.

• Like Like x 4
  34. xenubarb Member

Cthulhu_(Billy_and_Mandy).jpg

Saw Him at the golf course...
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Jatugal Member

I heart Cthulhu.
  36. Anonymous Member

BTW....what happened to his lame rodeo movie?
  37. Herro Member

Didn't anyone tell del Torro that Anonymous ruined Tom Cruise's career and that nobody will pay to see a movie with him in it!?
    • Like Like x 1
  38. eddieVroom Member

Just a coincidence, I assure you. This was the only clip with Celebrity Blow-Up I could find at the time.

What are the odds this will be leaked to the torrents before opening night, like Hulk was?...
  39. fallingspider Member

they want to make one of the greatest horror writers pg 13?!?
  40. Anonymous Member

Cthulhu emoticon:
    (;,;)