Customize

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: The Divorce

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by The Wrong Guy, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Wrong Guy Member

Nicole Kidman Slams Tom Cruise Marriage - Ignores Connor and Isabella for Mother's Day | Celeb Dirty Laundry

Nicole Kidman has always spoken her mind and she’s not too shy about revealing her thoughts, especially when it comes to her own life. In a recent interview with Melbourne’s Gold 104.3, the high-profile actress talked about her seemingly perfect marriage (HA!) to Keith Urban and, in the process, threw some major shade on Tom Cruise — with whom she shared her previous marriage.

“We also got married later in life,” she said, “and we kind of thought: ‘We aren’t going to screw this up and we are going to do everything we can to make this work.’ I think when you are younger, and you are in your early twenties, and you are in a relationship and you are trying to make that work, that is a whole different thing than where we are at now.”

Nicole’s relationship with her children (from the Tom Kat marriage) is somewhat interesting, and she’s admitted before that she doesn’t spend a great deal of time with them, primarily because of their roots/connections to Scientology. So during the interview when she was talking about Mother’s Day plans in L.A. but gave no mention of Isabella or Connor attending, this got a lot of people talking: Was this just absentmindedness or was she actively snubbing her two children?

Continued at http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/20...riage-tom-cruise-isabella-connor-mothers-day/
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

re·hash

- to present (something) again in a slightly different form
    - to talk about or discuss (something) again

Dating Tom Cruise Ex-Wife Katie Holmes Escaped Scientology Before Jamie Foxx Hookup Rumors? [TABLOID CLAIMS]

Tom Cruise, who is reportedly back in the dating market, saw another unfortunate article attacking his religion. According to the tabloid, his ex-wife, Katie Holmes, had to escape Scientology. The disreputable tabloid article comes after rumors that Katie Holmes has been dating Jamie Foxx.

OK! Magazine is back at it in their May 26 edition. The tabloid claims to have some insider knowledge into the world of Katie Holmes, especially in regards to her time married to Tom Cruise.

One source (unnamed, as usual) claims that Katie was controlled by Tom Cruise and Scientology:

"[Tom Cruise] controlled every aspect of her life. Church handlers prepared her meals, drove her everywhere, scheduled appointments. Tom expected her to accompany him during his red carpet appearances and the handlers even told Katie what she had to wear...[Tom's] realizing that it played a big role in Katie leaving him."

Of course, this is the same publication that claimed Tom was dating fellow Scientologist and Orange Is the New Black star Laura Prepon. The popular U.S. tabloid is claiming that Tom Cruise and Laura Prepon are secretly dating.

Continued here:
    http://www.classicalite.com/article...mes-escaped-scientology-jamie-foxx-hookup.htm
    • Like Like x 4
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Disaster movies: Nicole Kidman's Grace Of Monaco joins list of biggest film flops of all time | Mirror Online

The Grace Kelly biopic has been savaged by critics and greeted with laughter by audiences - but is far from the first big budget disaster

Nicole Kidman's latest film has been mauled by the critics.

The Australian actress stars as Grace Kelly in Grace of Monaco, charting her move away from being a Hollywood star to the wife of the principality's ruler Prince Rainer III.

But there was laughter in the audience at the clunky dialogue and hammy acting.

One critic said: “It is a film so awe-inspiringly wooden that it is basically a fire-risk.”

But Grace of Monaco isn't the first film to get a disastrous welcome. Here are some other unintentional disaster movies:

Battlefield Earth - 2000

Scientologist John Travolta's $31 million vanity project aimed to turn the founder of the cult's science fiction novel into a summer blockbuster. It failed spectacularly as the script, terrible acting, strange dialogue and Scientology overtones all got a hammering.

It won seven Golden Raspberry Awards, including Worst Picture and Worst Screen Couple for John Travolta and "anyone on the screen with him". It later won Razzies for Worst "Drama" of Our First 25 Years and in 2010 Worst Picture of the Decade.

Eight more at http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/disaster-movies-nicole-kidmans-grace-3546823
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Quentinanon Member

As I recall, the line I heard from osa after the flop was that Travolta hired a German director who intentionally sabotaged the movie. However, according to Marty Rathbun, David Miscavige had a major hand in the movie:
    • Like Like x 5
  5. DeathHamster Member

Roger Christian is German? Who knew! (Especially when he was born in London, sneaky!)

Naturally they'd blame the germans, after all German Psychs killed six million Scientologists during WWII. Oh right, that never happened. It's so hard to keep straight when Scientologists keep wrapping themselves in the Holocaust like they owned it.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Quentinanon Member

If L. Ron were alive he would explain that with something like, "He has German handlers" or "His wife works for German Intelligence".
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Twinkle Member

Any excuse is better than the actual truth I suppose.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Quentinanon Member

One of the de facto principles that L. Ron used to create scientology.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. RightOn Member

ok, so Cruise's movie comes out June 6th. Looks like a flop fail-a-rama.
    Especially the part when he is driving in something and he is shooting crap out of the top of his shoulders or whatever. IDK I can't remember.
    Sorry Tom you are still toxic to the box office.
    your tears are delicious though.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Emily Blunt on Working and Clubbing with Tom Cruise

Published by Jimmy Kimmel Live on May 15, 2014

Emily talks about the strange club she had to convince Tom Cruise to go to for Matt Damon's birthday, and she describes the difficulties that she and Tom faced while making their new movie Edge of Tomorrow.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

katie-holmes-ok-magazine.jpg

Katie Holmes is featured on the latest cover of “OK!” magazine and inside the magazine speculates what she would talk about when asked what life is like after being married to Tom Cruise.

The magazine claims to have the inside scoop on Katie’s escape from Tom’s controversial religion Scientology. In addition, they claim that she is raising Suri alone (ready for a lawsuit, OK?) Lastly, she is apparently looking for love.

The tabloid also has a side piece on Will and Jada Smith’s out of control 13-year-old daughter Willow. She was recently seen in an Instagram shot with 21-year-old Moises Arias shirtless in bed. The high profile duo brushed off the speculation that anything was going on between the two and said that the media were perverts for making the photo sexual.

http://earsucker.com/katie-holmes-life-without-tom-cruise-75681/

http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/inside-this-weeks-ok-magazine-katie-holmes-my-life-without-tom/
    • Like Like x 6
  12. LLLLL Member

At least she's not pretending to be "just friends" with someone like TC and that chick he's pretending not to date.
    • Like Like x 6
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

Let's revisit the Tom Cruise / Oprah's couch incident | Entertainment Weekly

It was one of the most-watched moments in the Internet’s relatively brief history. When Tom Cruise jumped on Oprah’s couch and declared his love for Katie Holmes, it was the daytime TV moment for a DVR, GIF-ready age.

But, as Amy Nicholson reports for L.A. Weekly, the moment we all thought we saw never happened. He never jumped up and down on the couch; he simply stood. The nitty-gritty of the infamous May 2005 Oprah appearance is but one revelation in her fascinating piece, How YouTube and Internet Journalism Destroyed Tom Cruise, Our Last Real Movie Star.

In the article, Nicholson explores how Tom Cruise went from the biggest movie star in the world to an Internet joke (who still manages to open films), with fascinating insight that attempts to explain the context behind the Oprah appearance (for example, that Cruise was playing to an audience that was quite different than bloggers), as well as larger points about that time period — it’s hard to believe all that media craziness was nine years ago.

As Nicholson points out, the Oprah Couch Incident happened at a time with a lot of rapid changes in entertainment culture — the launch of PerezHilton.com, the growth of TMZ, the inundation of camera phones making everyone paparazzi, etc. The piece is interesting from a How We Got Here angle, as well as its ability to shed some light on what publicity meant in the ’90s versus now — Nicholson also gets great scoop about how that infamous Matt Lauer/Tom Cruise interview came to be (never underestimate a good publicist).

Continued at http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/20/tom-cruise-oprah-couch/

How YouTube and Internet Journalism Destroyed Tom Cruise, Our Last Real Movie Star | LA Weekly

www.laweekly.com/2014-05-22/news/the-last-movie-star/?showFullText=true
    • Like Like x 3
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

No, LA Weekly, Tom Cruise’s career was not ruined by a GIF | The Underground Bunker

Amy Nicholson is the film reviewer for LA Weekly and she is disappointed that Tom Cruise is not the movie star that he once was.

OK, fair enough. But Nicholson doesn’t bemoan Cruise’s choice of movie projects. She wants to place the blame on us — the Internet consumers who ruined Tom’s career because we thought we saw Tom jump on Oprah Winfrey’s couch back in 2005 and made fun of him for it.

Actually, if you watch video of Tom’s 2005 appearance on Oprah’s show, he does indeed jump on her couch — twice — but Nicholson tells us that GIFs made of the moment exaggerated Tom’s antics and made it look like Tom was jumping up and down on her couch, when that wasn’t the case.

There, do you feel chastened now?

Nicholson is clearly a Cruise fan, so maybe it’s understandable that she completely misses why that moment had such an effect at the time. But worse than that, Nicoholson amply demonstrates that she knows almost nothing about Scientology and Tom’s involvement in it, which is really why the man has lost so much of his luster over the last decade.

There are so many examples to cite, but first and foremost we’ll point out that Nicholson wrote a 5,000-word story about Tom Cruise and the Internet without, somehow, pointing out the single most important element in that saga — the nine-minute internal church video of Cruise talking about Scientology that surfaced in 2008. Actually recorded in 2004, a year before Tom jumped on Oprah’s couch, that remarkable video has done far more damage to Cruise’s credibility, and was directly responsible for mobilizing the Anonymous movement, changing the Internet itself and how we think of it forever.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/05/21/no-la-weekly-tom-cruises-career-was-not-ruined-by-a-gif/
    • Like Like x 6
  15. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 5
  16. failboat Member

• Like Like x 5
  17. Anonymous Member

Or the South Park Masterpiece?

Internet Journalism? Vomit.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Oh baaaw! If you like Tom so much why don't you marry him? He's auditioning for wives again. I hear he likes them dumb and starstruck.

'Last movie star' brings up images of the studios system and Hollywood Babylon. Perhaps it was time for the illusion to die.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. LOL!

From comments at the LAWeekly:

More Cruise wife material and she also wants the writer to explore anon's hand in this...
    On second thought, I'm not sure the Weekly chain (which is owned IRC by village voice) ever put two and two together about just who helped attack their revenue via adult advertising. This article is really sad. The Weekly here still take ads from the church.
  20. Twinkle Member

Anyone considering marriage to Tom Cruise would have to be as insane as he is.

If he was the last man on this earth and I was a virgin I'd remain intact thankyou very much.
    • Like Like x 1

21. He would be a horrible lay, one can just "tell" by looking at him. I bet he does jack hammer vanilla sex that lasts 3 minutes, then rolls over and sleeps.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Twinkle Member

Between that and the cries of "oh David" horrible doesn't come close.
    • Like Like x 5
  23. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 8
  24. Random guy Member

^^Nice article!^^
    • Like Like x 1
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Tom Cruise ‘Lonely’ No More: Wife Of Lone Ranger Star Armie Hammer Determined To Find Scientology Poster Boy A New Wife

Radar Online

Tom Cruise is lonely, but his Lone Ranger star pal Armie Hammer’s wife is riding to the rescue — to find him a new wife, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

A source revealed how Hollywood wife and actress Elizabeth Hammer is helping out the three-times-divorced Top Gun: “She’s a very busybody matchmaker type and is seeking out the perfect woman for Tom, and she doesn’t have to be famous, either. Tom is on the hunt for a new girl and appreciates Elizabeth’s efforts.”

According to the source, Armie, 27, and Cruise, 51, met via director Guy Ritchie when Cruise was considering a role in his movie The Man From U.N.C.L.E., in which Armie stars.

“They really hit it off and he and his wife became Tom’s besties. Elizabeth thinks the world of Tom and can’t stand to see him alone.

“But whether his Scientology cronies approve of Elizabeth’s match-making attempts remains to be seen,” the source admitted.

Still Cruise, who has been married to three actresses — Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, and Katie Holmes — “is open to anything at the moment,” the source confided.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...abeth-hammer-finding-tom-cruise-a-girlfriend/
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Twinkle Member

If he's open to anything at the moment he's going to get some very interesting offers I'm sure.

Very bad choice of words Tom!
  27. Random guy Member

If I had his looks and his money, I believe I'd swim in women.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Twinkle Member

He's not a pretty boy now, and with his couch jumping Scientology knowingness it's becoming more difficult for him to find someone suitable. Or should I say someone as batshit crazy as he is?

I don't find him at all attractive, and his money is not something I'd chase either.

If he approached me I would politely refuse because I don't find anything appealing about him at all.

There's lots of rich, good looking people out there, but how many of them are actually happy?

If TC says he's open to anything at the moment he must be desperate.

EDIT:

He's been married to three very attractive women and all three of then have gone down the toilet.
    Neither his looks nor money worked there did they?

EDIT again:oops:

Marriages that is, not the women who have gone down the toilet.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

Tom Cruise Getting Dating Advice From Movie Star Couple Elizabeth Chambers And Armie Hammer

By Peter Black, Design & Trend

Tom Cruise is depressed, lonely and has a fat face. Not all is lost, however, because BFF Elizabeth Chambers is determined to find the "Edge of Tomorrow" star a wife.

<snipped>

Cruise's Scientology posse is likely not appreciative of Elizabeth's efforts, however, as they want Cruise to marry someone famous — preferably a famous Scientologist — in order to attract more fans to the church (and thus swindle more money).

www.designntrend.com/articles/14807/20140602/tom-cruise-getting-dating-advice-movie-star-couple-elizabeth-chambers-armie-hammer.htm
    • Like Like x 4
  30. I dunno. The wife thing just isn't working out. He should stop trying so hard. Maybe he should get a hobby. Like knitting. Or acting lessons.
    • Like Like x 8
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Even Emily Blunt Can't Save the New Tom Cruise Movie

By David Thomson

There’s something amiss in the state of film (and American foreign policy—more anon) if Tom Cruise is funnier than Emily Blunt in the new movie, Edge of Tomorrow. Not that I wish to blame Cruise. For a well-intentioned 52-year-old three-time divorcee with a net worth as low as $250 million, and few people to talk to other than David Miscavige (the Scientology supremo), he’s muddling through. But his jawline has dropped and his recent films have tended to drift and yaw so that all he can count on is the $50 million whenever he rolls out that Lalo Schiffrin music for another Mission Impossible.

Continued at www.newrepublic.com/article/118000/edge-tomorrow-tom-cruise-and-emily-blunt-reviewed
    • Like Like x 6
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 5
  33. Quentinanon Member

over-acting.jpg
    • Like Like x 7
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

35. The Wrong Guy Member

The video in the post linked above mentions Cruise being fired by Sumner Redstone. Here's more about that:

Sumner Redstone: 'My Wife Convinced Me to Sack Tom Cruise' | Hollywood.com

October 31, 2006

Redstone sensationally axed the studio's deal with Mission: Impossible star Cruise earlier this year, blaming his famous couch-jumping appearance on Oprah Winfrey's TV show for embarrassing the studio and hampering the performance of sequel Mission: Impossible III.

During an appearance on the Today show, Cruise also criticized Brooke Shields' use of anti-depressant medication when she was diagnosed with postpartum depression following the birth of her first child.

And in a new interview with Vanity Fair magazine, Redstone insists he has no regrets about his public ditching of Cruise.

He says, "He was embarrassing the studio. And he was costing us a lot of money. $100 million, $150 million on Mission: Impossible III. It was the best picture of the three, and it did the worst."

Explaining his wife's role in the decision, he adds, "Paula, like women everywhere, had come to hate him. The truth of the matter is, I did listen to her. His behavior was entirely unacceptable to Paula and to the rest of the world. He just didn't turn one (woman) off. He turned off all women, and a lot of men.

"When did I decide (to fire him)? I don't know. When he was on the Today show? When he was jumping on a couch at Oprah? He changed his handler, you know, to his sister (LeAnne Devette) -- not a good idea.

"The explosion was good. It sent a message to the rest of the world that the time of the big star getting all this money is over. And it is! I would like to think that what I did, or what we did, has had a salutary effect on the rest of the industry."

Source: www.hollywood.com/news/movies/3575786/sumner-redstone-my-wife-convinced-me-to-sack-tom-cruise
    • Like Like x 8
  36. Aurora Member

• Like Like x 3
  37. moxie Member

• Like Like x 1
  38. DeathHamster Member

It'll probably earn back from the foreign sales, but that money is a lot messier than domestic, and waiting for it will cause a lot of heartburn and nail-biting.

Expensive action films are supposed to be the safe big-earners that cover the smaller risky films and failures of studios.
    • Like Like x 4
  39. cjd

40. DeathHamster Member

https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/news...s-glib-2005-incident-141017929-us-weekly.html
    Don't just get out of the way, get behind some heavy furniture; maybe grab a chair to fend him off too.
    • Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.