Customize

Tom Cruise Ad Banner on WWP

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by ALLANON, Mar 26, 2009.

1. ALLANON Member

Tom Cruise Ad Banner on WWP

Where does it direct you? I'm a paranoid anon so if it's a spoof then I want to enjoy it. But if it's real I don't want to give him a click.

Frame 1
    Frame 2

Accidental troll, or devious reconnaissance plot?
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Tom Cruise Ad Banner on WWP

Banner ads are generated from words on the viewed page. If you go over to the Palin thread, you'll get a banner ad for her PAC. The Tom Cruise one takes you to his fan site.
  3. ARC Member

We have put in blocks against Scientology ads in AdSense not because we're against their right to expression but because they don't want their ads here and they don't know how to block them.

The blocks we have put in don't always work.
  4. ALLANON Member

Then what do we do? There must be some way to block his ads or something. It's obscene coming here and seeing his ads.
  5. coskilla Member

this site is ran by the C0$ didnt you know this ? no its google adverstising
  6. Anonymous Member

I think it is funny. Kind of like he is paying his Scilon money to advertise to us.

Oh, the irony of it all.
  7. ALLANON Member

Does his website know which visitors are directed to his site from ads on WWP?
  8. ARC Member

If they log into their AdWords account they can find out yes. And then they'll complain to Google. So please don't click those ads.

But of course, that is predicated on them being able to remember how to log in to the AdWords account, and to find the stats - which is anybody's guess. Since they haven't managed to find the settings which would block their ads from showing here, we'll have to guess that they're not very tech savvy.
  9. Anon-007 Member

Whatever you do, don't click on these ads - as WWP will then be paid for the click by Mr Cruise ..........

;)
  10. ALLANON Member

*explodes*
  11. Anon_1HG Member

Or they don't block this site on purpose, so they can cry wolf and have you kicked form adsense. Didn't they pull that crap on enturb? Good thing you can block them to avoid the tarp.
  12. nonentity Member

Seriously. Don't do this. WWP could lose its AdSense account.
  13. Anon_1HG Member

To my point
  14. Anonymous Member

Fail.
    Lurk more, faggot.

A week or two ago someone proposed a raid of that nature and it went straight to Thunderdome.
    Don't fuck up this site's ad revenue. And don't give the scifags another reason to piss and moan.
  15. FUCK Member

This. It costs TC just to have the ad displayed.
  16. Anonymous Member

No it doesn't. You're thinking about a different ad network. AdWords only gets paid per click. Others, like Project Wonderful, get paid for time displayed.