Customize

TODAY TONIGHT - Tuesday June 22 2010

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Squirrel Member

Re: TODAY TONIGHT - Tuesday June 22 2010

Scientology has "No Future" !

2. Astoria Member

I love how they made a point of mentioning the financial crisis. Nobody likes to be taken advantage of, especially when times are tough.

This is an issue that is just begging to be looked into by the relevant government.

Aussies are kicking more Scientology butt than Germany these days :)
  3. Sponge Member

Well Stu, that rather depends on a certain few people, does'nt it?

source: Roland Rashleigh-Berry: "Massive Corporate Fraud by the Church of Scientology in the UK"
    That optimistic statement was made by RolandRB in 1997 after his first investigations into COSRECI fraud and subsequent report to the Inland Revenue + Police. Here we are 10 years on from that year 2000 prediction and scientology (and COSRECI) is still here.

One would like to hope that with enough public pressure/embarassment that governments should be seen to be doing something this time round to help deal with wealthy corporate tax fiddlers, especially as the UK has just seen an emergency budget, designed to tackle the country's huge budget deficit which the new coalition government has inherited (largest in europe ever, bar Ireland). I mean, what is the point in introducing all sorts of rate and threshold changes if the organisations that are supposed to be paying tax aren't actually paying it. So, let's hope the HMRC will be ruthless against the cult and, if required, engage the attorney general to bring in the Serious Fraud Office to do a full in-depth investigation beyond mere on-the-surface accounting practices. We could do without a cult sucking UK revenue and sending it out into the pockets of David Miscavige for nothing in return.
    Here endeth this ramble.
  4. Squirrel Member

LOL

Scientology 'offended' by tax evasion accusation | Adelaide Now

Church of Scientology spokeswoman Vicki Dunstan from the Office of Special Affairs yesterday told The Advertiser the Cowandilla property was the former postal address of teh Public Officer for the association.

"It is, of course, not the headquarters, but is merely to receive mail and clearly an error as the Public Officer moved from this address. I understand this point has been rectified since," she said.
    Will someone in Australia please ascertain the degree to which this has actually been "rectified"?
  5. RightOn Member

Vicki is one to talk! lol!

and... brand new on YouTube.
    Retaliation already? This one is an hour old.
    New troll? scientol0guy ?
    It's hard to understand at times
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YNbUSzI-tA[/ame]
  6. OTBT Member

Isn't that the address of the bewildered gardener guy in the Today Tonight video, whose family (and his parents) owned the house way before COSRECI was established?

If so, there is no way in hell that address could be address of the "former" Public Officer.

If so, that is plain proof that Vicki Dunstan is flat out lying.
  7. Anonymous Member

Please read here
  8. RolandRB Member

113 Marion Road was registered as a postal address (only) in 19 October 1976 so maybe that was before the family had moved in.
  9. Sponge Member

from the programme:

It would be better to have an exact number of years.
  10. xoixoi1 Member

Thats a good one. I'm peeing myself.
  11. xenubarb Member

Not the headquarters, yet somehow the residence of some Public Officer. Odd, that. I mean, considering that the flower growing Greek Orthodox family has had the property since before COSRECI existed and all...at least, that was what the resident claimed.

Perhaps the Public Officer lived in the attic and was fed on fish heads?
  12. Anonymous Member

13. timthephoto Member

unless of course the person from the co$ had rented the derelict bungalow way back when..

so is that person still in scientology or been declared? maybe went OT & developed cancer
    who was/is this person & what has happened to him/her?
  14. RightOn Member

I would think the authorities would like to talk to this person.
  15. RolandRB Member

Hudson, B M

I don't know what happened to him.
  16. RightOn Member

Bruce or Bob?
  17. pooks Member

That's what I was thinking.

The parents "owned" the property. It doesn't say the parents live there. I would guess it was a cheap rental property. The Scn Public Officer and a bunch of other staff probably all lived there at one point.
  18. AnonyVix Member

Here's an interesting thing, in all that time their mailing address was registered at that address the family actually living there never received any mail intended for COSRECI. (Maybe they did but they didn't mention it and you think they would if there had been a significant amount of mail.)

Surely South Australia at least occasionally communicates with registered offices of organisations... perhaps not.
  19. Bipolart Member

What the hell was that?? It is another lame attempt by some nutball to strike fear into our hearts. Consider me afraid - VERY afraid.
  20. peterstorm Member

Canadian anonymous here.

B. Seymour mentioned he had names of canadian scilons associated with COSRECI.

Anyone who can provide us with these names plz PM me.

It's for media purposes.
  21. xenubarb Member

The guy's family has grown flowers for years. If you look behind him in the interview, you'll see greenhouses. It's likely they have occupied the house for proximity to their livelihood.

Which makes the mystery resident that much more mysterious.
  22. Sponge Member

Would now be a good time to buy shares in companies that make shredders? Or are we too late and it's sell sell sell?
  23. Anonymous Member

I came, fast and hard.

From their response:
    "IRS officials subjected Scientology Churches to the most intensive scrutiny any organisation ever faced—including a meticulous review of their operations and financial records, as well as a comprehensive review of every aspect of Church policy and practices at all levels, including the most senior echelons of its management."

So this included OT III and stuff above?
  24. RolandRB Member

Must have done. And they also know what happened to the $87,160,000

Roland Rashleigh-Berry: "Massive Corporate Fraud by the Church of Scientology in the UK"
  25. Major Boyle Member

And note that the cult witheld two SEMI-TRAILERS worth of documents from the IRS. So much for the review of every aspect of the church.
  26. RolandRB Member

That'll be all the information about how their shell companies are structured to lose money to each other which is way too difficult to understand.
  27. exOT8Michael Member

Frickkin' incredible!!

What a great breakthrough TV show!!

Financial irregularities may be the final downfall of the cult, especially if staff who run the money lines get forced to testify etc.

ozsomewin.png
  28. BigBeard Member

Has anyone else in the media picked this up yet??

BigBeard
  29. Random guy Member

Not that I can see.

I guess it's time to sharpen those harpoons again.
  30. Re: TODAY TONIGHT - Tuesday June 22 2010

Digga, Digga, Digga, Digga.......
  31. Anonymous Member

That old goldmine. Lady something...
  32. BigBeard Member

Where??

Also, "heads up" dropped to Joe & Tom at the SPTimes re:"Today, Tonight" show.

BigBeard
  33. Sponge Member

Consultant forensic accountants would drool at such a gravy train, considering such dox to be delicious omnoms, and dreaming of yachts and Ferraris as they spend years deciphering it. However, since the IRS has pimples for gonads as regards tackling the cult then I'm not sure we'd see the USA so quick to jump on the bandwagon.

( inb4 US Department of State in its next dumbass global report on the treatment of religions actually baawws about the UK and Australia "attacking" scientology. )
  34. Triumph Member

they are going to cry that THEY Are a Church...yada yada...
    ant that THEY should be tax exempt...yada yada..

Separate the facts from the Scientology fiction..remind people how they Got their Tax exempt status in the US..
    and What THEIR status actually is in the UK,Canada,Germany,and around the globe.etc.
    places like India where they NOW market it as a business training.

Hurrah for the Aussie & UK Govt...if they pursue this!

hopefully the ball will start rolling down the hill.

time for journalists to brush up on Operation Snow White.

thanks for kicking the tires..
    EX-SCN MB thread start date 23rd December 2009
    UK's Scientology's Tax Evasion and Money Laundering
    “Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated”. South Australian
    UK's Scientology's Tax Evasion and Money Laundering - Ex Scientologist Message Board
  35. genoramix Member

IF THEY ARE NOT FUCKED THIS TIME...

.....i will seriously believe in the bible. Genesis is a 100% accurate description of what happened, and gravity does not exist, and i have a 190 meters dick(always erected since gravity doesn't exist)
  36. Anonymous Member

Probably. Equipment to melt down Precious Metals might be a wise investment.
  37. thefatman Member

As I recall they were interviewing him somewhere else other than the property itself - I dunno, it just seemed that way from what Seymour said something about "tracking the owners down". I could be, and probably are, wrong.
  38. Smurf Member

Excellent video... however...

To the uninformed, this is an example of arrogance & a blatant disregard of tax laws by the Church of Scientology...

For those of us that have been members of this insidious cult, we smirk and shrug our shoulders because this deliberate criminality and deception has been going on for decades, internationally, and the politicians seemingly thumb their noses at it when it's brought to their attention for fear of being sued by a mafia-like criminal entity operating under the guise of a religion.

So, what's next? Scientology representatives sitting down with Aussie & British tax officials to iron out a secret settlement (like they did with the IRS) to pay some back taxes in order to evade prosecution? DM would love this.

I hope the Australian & British tax officials have alot more balls to take on this criminal organization than has been shown by the cowards in our government.
  39. Anonymous Member

You should express this concern directly to Nick Xenophon