Customize

Today Tonight on COSRECI - July 2011

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by TinyDancer, Jul 28, 2011.

1. xenubarb Member

Lack of government action is disgusting.
  2. Anonymous Member

Maybe, but on the basis that there's supposedly been an investigation, if WT (or anyone else) is willing I think we need a FOI request to the HMRC. Also, if anyone's in touch with Bryan Seymour then I think it'd be good to ask him specifically about the UK side of things - surely it's in Today Tonight's interests to follow it up.
  3. Anonymous Member

Hope Seymour gets them in an interview and asks them point blank
    so..... WTF ya'll been doing for over a year?
  4. RolandRB Member

^^^
    The promised "investigation" was somebody in the government looking at the word "Scientology" for a tenth of a second. Job done. We are seeing the full effects in the UK now. Fuck all.

I even thought that the missing $87,160,000 was going to be investigated with the Australian government working with the UK government as part of the promised "investigation".

http://www.xenu-directory.net/opinions/rashleighberry19971213.html

Instead, Fuck All happened.

For those of you who believed Assies were any different to Poms then think again.
  5. Anonymous Member

I should've remembered that WT submitted a request on the question of VAT exemption, which was refused by HMRC under section 44: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/hmrc_scientology_tax_exemption.

This strongly suggests HMRC will refuse any FoIA requests about anyone's tax, regardless of whether they're an individual or a company, and won't confirm/deny what info they hold. There's also a related WWP thread. Could a question relating to the existence of an investigation work?

On the question of whether or not COSRECI actually pays corporation tax or is exempt, and the statements regarding it in their accounts, I think it's worth pointing out that the cult has categorically stated that they do pay it. These quotes are from a submission to the Australia Senate in last year's hearings (emphasis added in parts):
    Although they're quoting the statements in the 2008/2009 accounts - previous years had a different formulation.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

If they did actually do something, how would we know?

Looking at entries in their FoI disclosure logs they won't give out any info that identifies a particular taxpayer (whether a person or company): http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/freedom/disclosure-log.htm.
  7. greebly Member

Hey what who?
    :p
    hugs
  8. Sponge Member

Stitched together from the individual PDFs above, here's a handy visual comparison of the income/expenditure for years ending 2007 to 2010 (2008-2010 are audited accounts)....

cosreci2007to2010income.jpg
    [p.s. the additional 8,016,100 income in 2007 was from a "compensation claim" which I think was from the infamous VAT refund court case they won around that time]

[derail]
    Btw if, according to Miscavige, scientology is experiencing "Unprecedented Expansion" then according to those figures they'd have needed to start giving the shit way before the income from this miraculous expansion of membership started to overtake expenditure. No, they aren't expanding. In terms of accounting, at best, they are fairly stagnant. [/derail]
  9. greebly Member

As mentioned last year on ESMB and here there are public dox to crosscheck from 2000.
    Tax is recorded for wether it is paid statement during the the Public benefit test hesring covered it.

The lady is on video and you have the submission above.

HMRC should know and wether the two parties did actually speak at all and check their records noone knows sadly. No contact with Xenophon so someone could check hopefully one day.

And Roland please don't moonbat this up check the charges vs the 87million ie property and loans.
    Then ask if you wish.
  10. greebly Member

On another matter look at how detailed the 2010 accounts are and they finally mention SIRT which we did not get a FOI from others re it's only filing in 1993.
  11. jensting Member

Lovely work by Nick Xenophon and friends. Now the rest of the polictical classes needs to get the point.

Best Regards

Jens
  12. BlooAnon Member

Me watching the video...
    funny-pictures-kitten-shoe-loled.jpg

Go get 'em, boys!!!
  13. Saul Goodman Member

Exactly. Not only are the income totals so close it's impossible, they have been truly declining whilst they say they are having unprecedented growth. I smell overcooked books.
  14. Anonymous Member

Eat a bag full of dicks.
    What has your government done of late?
  15. RolandRB Member

Same as ever. Nothing. They have had years of practice and have turned it into an art form.
  16. Saul Goodman Member

Summary: Aussies kick ass.
  17. Anonymous Member

That's interesting. I wonder how much tax was paid? - and whether it was less or more than they received through NNDR-exemption.

We're unlikely to get anything out of HMRC using FOI (the exemption is fairly bullet-proof), maybe OzAnons could help with FOI requests down under?

- WT.
  18. Anonymous Member

I guess it'd be possible to work out from going through the accounts, but personally I don't understand how the amounts recorded (including deferred tax) might translate to actual payments.

There's another reference to paying CT in an Evening Standard article ("Tom's aliens target City's 'planetary rulers'", 2006, by David Cohen):
    • Like Like x 1