Customize

Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Belladonna Member

Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

I LOLd
  2. Anonymous Member

Well, that was delicious.

Between Tommy Davis pussy-footing like an idiot around the "thoughts have mass?" question and Nancy Cartwright spending thirty seconds like a fish-out-of-water trying to answer the "god" question (and then giving a vague "I guess I'm god" sounding answer)...

...they look like fucking idiots who haven't a clue what their own "religion" is about.

Rich, stupid dilettantes, anyone?
  3. CantPickaName Member

Now wait a min...if thoughts had weight and mass our heads would explode
  4. TinyDancer Member

Remember when David Miscavige did his 1992(ish) interview with Ted Koppel? We look at that and think - MAJOR FOOTBULLET. But Jenna Miscavige told Nightline that her parents watched it and thought DM did a masterful job.

I suspect they look at what we think is utter craziness and foolhardiness on Tommy's part and think - he really showed them. eg. Tommy getting angry - they probably think that was so great, especially because they caught Sweeney on camera losing it.

Maybe they still don't "get" how poor their PR is?
  5. exOT8Michael Member

So, if thoughts have mass and weight does Kirstie Alley think too much??
  6. PieratKing Member

Only if thought weight goes straight to your hips mwahahahah
  7. MeganonOT8 Member

yerp... and unfortunately she already believes she's close to becoming a god... oh lord.
  8. MeganonOT8 Member

ROFL!!
  9. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

That is amazing. ANd the last TV interview he ever did. Whyd he stop???
  10. anonhuff Member

Because David Miscavige is a coward.
  11. Barry41 Member

bastardsheep has put up an HD recording on youtube:

12. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

OK that got me...LOL good one.
  13. Belladonna Member

Oh crap; if I knew you knew bastardsheep I never would have thought your troll might be halfway serious.
  14. chrisanon Member

I almost go with this, but not quite. Making celebs available, and showing the calm and friendly (and puffy and bleary) Tommy Davis is a change from the approach they took with John Sweeney and the BBC. Someone seems to have figured out that didn't work for them.

And if, as Tommy says, "this is a religion, it's not science", then why is it called...

And tee-hee to:
  15. Barry41 Member

I never said I knew bastardsheep...
  16. Belladonna Member

Oh, just giving his work props. Cool. My bad.

BTW Barry, I only meant "knew" in the Biblical sense.
  17. Tofuman666 Member

Has anyone put this on digg?
  18. chrisanon Member

What? There's no gyms near your house?

Besides, the whole extra-slim-guy thing is in right now. Google Hedi Slimane.
  19. Zhent Member

Its about to start... :)

Edit: Show has started but Scientology is not the lead-in segment :(
  20. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Recording.
  21. panzerknacker Member

Tommy, do yourself a favor and never make any facial expressions during interviews.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  22. Zhent Member

23. TinyDancer Member

No, they did make the celebs available to John Sweeney. Sweeney asked them uncomfortable questions, as I recall. My hunch is that the business in Clearwater happened after the LA celeb interviews. We don't know the order of events in the Panorama matter.
  24. chrisanon Member

They did, but my understanding is that they withdrew approval for the use of the interviews in the final cut. These interviews made it to air, and I see that as a difference.

Cause I would say these questions were just as uncomfortable, though deceptively comforting. I love Sweeney, but Seymour's ostensibly friendly, conciliatory approach might be a slicker way to go with Scilons.

It's true the appearance of these interviews might not represent a strategic change, if CoS was just being reactive after the whole Clearwater fiasco. But if they weren't, then it might.
  25. Smurf Member

John interviewed the celebs in LA after visiting Cleawater which is what lead to Sweeney's meltdown with Tommy in the CCHR in Hollywood. Sweeney asked the Scilon celebs about Xenu which later resulted in Tommy threatening to sue the producers of Panorama if they aired the footage.

So, it was edited out of the documentary.
  26. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Today Tonight High Def Vid zip file need all 8 parts - about 700MB

Monday - the first night 20 minutes. I will upload Tuesdays as well but it has no sound. Will upload without sound to preserve raw data.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6
    Part 7
    Part 8
  27. Anonymous Member

thanks a lot oneone, I will download it for my collection
  28. the anti Member

I don't understand why scientologist say nothing about us doing nothing but hating on them, when clearly one like her I would enjoy giving a good time too
  29. Anonymous Member

After downloading the files, they need to be joined using hjsplit: HJ-Split - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

then unzip the resulting file using a program such as winrar
  30. Anonymous Member

and the file's video resolution is actually 720x576
  31. TinyDancer Member

Seymour asked "open" questions - questions that did not assume the answers. And he didn't appear to "set up" the questions with background assumptions either. So, I think he was actually very fair to the scn's (TD included).

They could answer the questions however they saw fit. There was no trap. And THAT was the trap! Seymour let them trap themselves. And then he aired the footage to show how they trapped themselves.

The Nancy Cartwright 'what is God?' segment is the classic. Perhaps Seymour asked the question because he suspected that they might not have a clear thought about the nature of God (and knowing that Hubbard barely mentioned God). If he did ask the question for that reason, he still asked it in a totally open and fair way. The answer could have gone either way. The celebs might have had quite well thought out responses. Or not. As it turned out, not.

So, while I agree with your assertion that in a sense the questions were "deceptively comforting", I think that's because the questions were actually fair and open ones, that didn't seek to trap them. But they were also informed questions - ones that Seymour probably had a hunch about and was genuinely interested to see whether they had an answer and, if so, what it was.
  32. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

You're right. They were very well researched and very subtlely intelligent. Talking about the nature of business in the middle of one of their operating plants and forcing them to say "This is not a business, it is a religion." The little point about if Science could prove thoughts don't have mass, the emeter is useless. Very well researched, very subtle. And more importantly, he left an opening to come back. I was disappointed at first that TD didn't snap, and I thought he was not supporting Anonymous anymore. Now I think that that interview was incredibly intelligent, incredibly well researched, and kept an open relationship for doing another series of interviews when Tommy Davis comes to Australia to push the ideal org.
  33. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Bryan is incredibly quick-witted as well as dedicated to doing a 100% professional job.

He is also unfailingly polite, despite any invitations to be otherwise.

I'm sure he has more footage from his recent visits to the US that he'll show us when he thinks the time is right to do so.

I'm just glad he's on our side as he's a formidable talent and the cult just keep underestimating him because he's not your "classic SP" at all - in fact, he's quite the opposite.

And he genuinely cares for other people, especially those under oppression from evil organizations.
  34. PodPeople Member

And it genuinely shows. Combination of professional, polite and caring is quite formidable and refreshing. I would guess he viewed the Catholine articles as well as comments there to come up with the God question. His thorough research and understanding of subject is rare these days.
  35. Anonymous Member

I'm sure you are right about that.
    I look forward to that time.
  36. grebe Member

Pretty sure that Facebook post was a troll. Still lulzy.

In fact if I were a Scilon, the lulz from that troll probably would have pushed me out of the cult.
  37. Anonymous Member

picture8pr.png

(Posted March 1)
  38. TinyDancer Member

Paul, I'm sure Bryan would say he's not on our side at all. He's on the side of telling the story, whatever the story is. If big holes appear in the evidence of the Exes speaking out against Scn, I'm sure he'll tell that story too.