Customize

Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Smurf Member

Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Brian did an excellent job in the interviews. When the Scilons were getting flustered and defensive, he stepped back and assumed a role of humility, treating them with kid gloves and always being respectful.

Tommy blew it big time... not only in blowing the interview about the legitimacy of the E-meter but his going on the defensive in Part 3. When it comes to Tommy, if you don't accept what he says to you at face value, you're the enemy and advocating an anti-Scientology stance.

If Miscavige had any brain cells left, he'd RPF Tommy's ass to South Africa.. far, far away from TV cameras.
  2. Belladonna Member

Your point was an important one that I don't remember seeing on TV before, and it was a statement best delivered by an ex.
  3. Anonymous Member

"Tommy : ..and thought.. actually has a weight or mass to it, so when somebody thinks of something that has potentially some significance .....
    Brian interupts : ...thought has a weight or a mass to it ...
    Tommy nodding : Yeah"

So you use an ohm meter to detect changes in weight and mass?
    I'd have thought some sort of weight scale would be more appropriate for that.
    Does scientology use also a tire pressure gauge to measure rainfall?
  4. Rockyj Member

Especially when she talked about a world without war & being ETHICAL!
    OMG this women does not have a clue!
  5. LocalSP Member

When Tommy said "this is religion not science." I wish Brian had picked up on that. He could asked him why it's called scientology then.
  6. Anonymous Member

Good point. Isn't it supposed to be the science of "knowing how to know"?
  7. Vir Member

They call it "The Modern Science of Mental Health" too - oh wait that's Dianetics - totally unrelated to Scientology and all that shore story stuff.
  8. Anonymous Member

Noooo! He brings the lulz. Chanology would be just that little bit greyer without his presence.
  9. Anonymous Member

I desperately wish someone would say to the celebs earnestly:

"When you reach OT8 you will find out that you mocked up your past lives."
  10. Rockyj Member

That was my first thought! They both do so well with Tommy Boy.
    Bryan was amazing! He would go way over Tommy's head with very simple questions that he just couldn't answer!
    Nathan did the same thing when he pointed out there was no byline in the anti-Anonymous booklet stumping Tommy to admit Scientology published it!
    AND when he asked Tommy why the fence spikes @ Gold were pointed inward?
    Tommy's response was so lame! Just as lame as his E-meter response!
  11. i'mglib Member

Bryan Seymour is God.

Will someone please tell Nancy Cartwright?
  12. Rockyj Member

But I don't remember them pointing out Smurf as an ex. No matter what he did a superb job for just a few seconds! Maybe if Nancy could have answered a very simple God question they would have given Smurf more time!
  13. PieratKing Member

I r Xcited for tonight's show... but wont be able to watch till i wake up tomorrow.. damn you Aussies being on the other side of the world. I find it hilarious that the entire time the scilons had their camera man filming them. What will it be used for I wonder????
  14. Belladonna Member

They didn't, but it's important that Scientology knows so they can't dispute it as coming from someone who didn't know what they were talking about.

...Just a thought... in the surreal little passage where Seymour asks Tommy, "So who are you talking to now?.... And, what am I?..." Was he fishing for Tommy to call him a wog?
  15. bastet Member

It would give poor Lucifer a bad rep to be associated with those screwballs.
  16. panzerknacker Member

A couple minutes into the third segment of the program—

Tommy: "Thought actually has weight and mass to it [...]"
    Bryan: "[...] But that's not been proven in science, has it?"
    Tommy: "This is a religion. It's not science."
    Bryan: "But supposing thought doesn't have a weight or mass. That would render [this e-meter] useless."
    Tommy: "Yeah, OK. What's the point?"

Love it.
  17. Xenuphobe Member

I got the impression Bryan was trying to get Tommy to go down the "suppressive person" path, or start in about "degraded beings".
  18. Anonymous Member

The point here is that this reporter had to do ALOT of research to do this.

The media is listening to us. We are making an impact.
  19. Vir Member

The way it is edited, it seems they were talking about thetans and eternal life. I'm sure Freedom Magazine TV can help by releasing the raw footage.
  20. Anonymous Member

21. PieratKing Member

I would have to agree, I think Brian was trying to get Tommy to say that he doesn't really know what he is talking to.. but it would be hilarious if he called brian a Wog.
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

Bryan (brian ?) was extremely prepared. He and Nathan Bacca are the only two reporters I have seen that have come this prepared for interviews on Scientology.
  24. Sponge Member

Our Bryan, who art on Seven
    Hallowed be thy name
    ...etc...
    Amen.
  25. Anonymous Member

The "donate or get out" line by Tommy was definitely a footbullet. It'd be different if he said "Would you like to donate?", but saying "donate or get out!" looks bad, no matter how you look at it.

Yet another 50 caliber footbullet fired by Footbullet Man.
  26. AnonOfStout Member

I think Tommy's run out of foot. /r/ new nickname for him, 'Kneebullet Man'.
  27. Relyt Member

Of course they're going to talk to the celebrities over the common Scientologist. You think they're gonna even allow your average public/sea org/staff to speak with the media? Hell, no! The media is nothing but a bunch of suppressives who can only be handled by the most worthy of Scientologists, and celebrities happen to be on that list (even though the reality is that celebrities are treated better anyway, so their honesty will be of their superb treatment).

Also, I think it's good that the Satanic stuff wasn't brought up. You can make comparisons all you want, and talk about Hubbard's involvement within the occult, but it's not really that damaging to their image, other than certain religious people who may be offended by such teachings. Most other people would just be saying "So, what?"
  28. i'mglib Member

I love that they used these dewy-eyed celebrities. Having them juxtaposed with the Sea Org stories of beatings, forced abortions, fair game, etc was brilliant.

It made the celebrities themselves seem like brainwashed, selfish culties.

"Oh, but I got my wins! It worked for meeeeee."
  29. Anonymous Member

It helps that the celebrities seemed a tad clueless as to what they really believed and had to think about what "right" words to use
  30. Belladonna Member

Judging from some of the feedback I've read, quite a few "average viewers" were lost as it is. Throw Satanism into the mix and people's brains would just shut down. Just too much weird to process.
  31. PieratKing Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STuBy8PNw2c&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- scientology doing poor job of it on the TV[/ame]

I know this is an old video, but it reminded me kind of Brian's interview... "What is Scientology?"

TD: "Well scientology is, um, um, It brings you closer to other people, makes you a better person." *paraphrased*

When asked about the alien parasites, his response is, "Does that sound silly to you?" what he was thinking is "You must pay for me to tell you that!"
  32. One0fMany Member

It was just wierd. Not sure if it was Tommy Davis' version of Mr. Hyde or the celebrity parade. Famous Scilons are just creepy, with their chronic cult-eye and the way they can talk for 20 minutes without saying a fucking thing.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but something is up. The timing just seems odd: Co$ gives their first civil interview where TD and associated starpower is unusually candid on the heels of impending inquiries and (most likely) litigation?

Might not be a bad idea for Anons down under to stay on their toes for a bit.
  33. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

9b37a5c02aecb44b7c33d7bc950.jpg

OM NOM NOM!
  34. Anonymous Member

tinfoil-hat.jpg
  35. ryangiggs Member

- Anyone pick up on the word "self...NESS!" uttered at the end by the young actress?

- Spinal Tap moment ("This one goes to eleven") by Tommy: "This is religion."
    Spinal Tap shoop of TD explaining e-meter to Brian? (FreakE????)
  36. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

A masterfully edited piece. A certain so called ecclesiastical leader will not be happy that his attempt to handle Today Tonight turned around and bit him in the ass.
  37. Zhent Member

I'm really surprised they agreed to do the interview and give full access to TT, Tommy even admitted at the beginning that he had seen TT's previous coverage on Scientology.

Scientology Australia has flat out refused every time to interviews, why the change now? Did Tommy really think he could 'handle' this and somehow get TT to portray Scientology in a better light?
  38. Anonynamefag Member

I wonder who made the decision? Did David Miscavige REALLY think that this was going to work, or that this was a good idea? Especially with having Tommy Davis, perhaps the most inept spokesman in the history of PR, doing the majority of the work? This was a PR disaster waiting to happen. It was almost... self-destructive.
  39. CrystalDallas Member

Tommy Davis: "Yeah, okay, what's the point?"

The point is that Scientology claims that this is untrue. Everything is scientifically proven to be FACT.
    Thank you, Tommy. You opened my eyes just a little bit more.
  40. Anonymous Member