Customize

Today in the senate - Vicki Dunstan submission.

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by El Diablo, Feb 3, 2010.

1. El Diablo Member

Today in the senate - Vicki Dunstan submission.

Quite brief...I only just saw it, so I'll be checking back over the Hansard when it's put up.

Senator Brandis (liberals), seeking leave to table documents - which is a submission by "Reverend Vicki Dunstan", in reply to the statements made by senator Xenophon - and I'm pretty sure for them to be considered by the senate privilege committee (I think).

Mentioned, that tabling this submission is not to endorse the truth or otherwise of it...

They "ayes" had it.

Anyhow, sorry if I've got something wrong there. I'll link the Hansard when it's put up.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Today in the senate - Vicki Dunstan submission.

[SIZE="6"]Reverend Vicki Dunstan[/SIZE]

4229230501_fddae24bab.jpg

Table that, baby.
  3. MeganonOT8 Member

ROFL... yeah.. i remember seeing that pic XD
  4. AnonyVix Member

Intriguing, well spotted. Look forward to link to see what this is all about.
  5. El Diablo Member

Okay guys....been digging around the parliament site.

It's a report from the senate committee of privileges that says:

The full text and the response can be viewed as a pdf from the Parliament of Australia website.

And here's the page for the Senate Standing Committee of Privileges
  6. Re: Today in the senate - Vicki Dunstan submission.

So timely that Today/Tonight had that picture of "Reverend" Vicky D flipping Zhent the bird as part of its program tonight on the cult fair-gaming Aaron Saxton.

Doesn't matter what you get into Hansard, Vicky - no-one else could be bothered reporting it given that the cult's credibility just hit an even deeper low after tonight's prime-time expose of pitiful fair-gaming.
  7. Scatman Member

"Reverend" Dunstan of the scientology [STRIKE]crime syndicate[/STRIKE] church.
  8. El Diablo Member

Oh! Today's senate hansard is up.

This is the bit I saw on telly. From page 91 (pdf page 105):

9. theLastAnon Member

This is a humours read. Standard Scientology lies and denials. There's also this little gem that Dunstan inclued:

lol cyber-hate group
  10. Anonymous Member

Scientology itself recognized as a hate group - particularly its CCHR branch. It's somewhat ironic to refer to anonymous as a hategroup, when anonymous is the largest charitable donor in the world, and gives valuable information to the police which clears up crimes every day globally.
  11. El Diablo Member

I like to think that they're confused and what they meant to say is "cyber hat group"

We do have a tendency to wear fabulous hats, and we know that Scientology and spelling don't always go together so well. ;)

But seriously...it is hilarious...and predictable...and it does make one wonder about what was in the "further material" which the committee decided not to recommend for incorporation into hansard.
  12. lostinspace Member

Thats okay your in good company :p

Haha She entered it where it can't be immediately disputed. In fact Scilon's have some policy about getting their version out first ... though that isn't working anymore with the Golden:eek: AGE of Cyber Hate Groups '
  13. Belladonna Member

picture27v.png
  14. grebe Member

I concur.

And anonymous gets out to the polls and votes, more than any other group.
  15. Ann O'Nymous Member

Feel like doing some fact checking ?
  16. El Diablo Member

Okay I'm going to be sleeping soon, but maybe we can cut/paste that to the wiki and work on structuring rebuttals there?
  17. Ann O'Nymous Member

18. Sponge Member

Also, check back on Vicky Dumbstan's previously issued statements to press posted on the boards.
    Two reasons: 1) for previous rebuttals already done, so that work on this is not duplicated, and 2) to see if she's footbulleted herself by making any contradictory statements.
  19. Optimisticate Member

Could facts be compiled and submitted in the same manner?
  20. Anonymous Member

Shockingly at a recent scientology event they announced they had received a check for $250,000 from Anonymous. Who ever it was, it was lulzy to have it announced - the room went quiet for a second - but please NO MORE MONEY. They have well over $9000 million in cash reserves stashed around the world to buy buildings with they really don't need any more even though they claim to.

Question. If the rusting asbestos ridden hulk that is the Freewinds is the best place to do the tech why doesn't Tiny David Miscavige use some of his vast reserves of cash to buy a fleet of new ships? That way he could get more OT's out the door and give some ailing ship company some work to do (payment up front of course). Think how grand he would look heading up a fleet of ships in his swanky uniform. :D
  21. El Diablo Member

Ahh, okay...well I just posted a formatted version of her response here

I guess i'll move it over to your page

Aaah, good idea! I shall check that! Danke :)
  22. Sponge Member

You mean have a rebuttal included in the Hansard records?
    Nope, not retro-added to the record in that same way.

The reason Dunstan got her response in was simply that she (or the cult) was named either specifically or tacitly in Xenophon's speech under parliamentary priviledge, and the rules allow for that person to have a response included in the record.

The obvious thing to do is to hand any fact-checked rebuttal to Senator Xenophon which he could then introduce in further parliamentary debate, which of course would go on the record.
  23. El Diablo Member

Oh also, I'm thinking what I'll do is post the whole response, then break it up into claims under subheadings (more or less by paragraph), then people can start looking at if we can demonstrate shenanigans on specific points. Cool?
  24. Optimisticate Member

Yep that's what I was getting at. It would seem that now that Anonymous has been introduced, Anonymous would be able to get something in there. However, if fact-checking can be produced for Senator Xenophon and have it go on record....

I can only contribute search-fu skills, but I'm good at research and will help if I can and will try not to be incoherent.
  25. El Diablo Member

Hey ann, I think I just edit conflicted...But I hope what I did was okay. I can totally get a frame work up in a few more minutes
  26. OTBT Member

Not sure where to post this, so I'll just leave it here.

The Australian Press Council recently lectured corporate scilons on the words "trawling" "recruitment" and "rescue".

Adjudication No. 1436 (adjudicated September 2009) [2009] APC 23

27. El Diablo Member

Okay sleep time for me. Have a basic framework up there. Discussion page anything you need me to read and I'll be back tomorrows!
  28. Anonymous Member

The Xenophon Letters

Paul Schofield, Letter to Senator Nick Xenophon tabled in the Australian Senate on 17 November 2009:

Aaron Saxton, Letter to Senator Nick Xenophon tabled in the Australian Senate on 17 November 2009:

I'm not seeing much self-vindication...
  29. Ann O'Nymous Member

I let you lead on this one. I will adapt to your choices.
  30. Anonymous Member

Vicki's bogun roots are showing.
  31. Re: Today in the senate - Vicki Dunstan submission.

The righteous "Reverend" Vicki Dunston:

Sociopath or Scumbag?

Yes.
  32. Scatman Member

About Lonnie D. Kliever's essay:
    No evidence of research results demonstrating that Kliever's statements have a factual basis. As an essay, Kliever expresses his opinion, not facts from sociological research.
    By extension, "apostate" members of Hamas, Hezbollah, Aum Shinrikyo, or the People's Temple are unreliable.
    I wonder what Kliever was drinking when he wrote THE RELIABILITY OF APOSTATE TESTIMONY ABOUT NEW RELIGIOUS MOVEMENTS ?
  33. Anonymous Member

The argument fails due to its own absurdity. This is an argument that also says, by extention, that we should not listen to ex drug addicts saying drugs are bad, and so on. Scientology then adds on the even more absurd claim that you can't criticize Scientology without having tried it yourself, thus making it impossible - in their argument - to have any legitimate criticism of Scientology.

Either you're an apostate, or you have never tried it. Well, I've never tried narcotics, child sex or shooting myself in the head either, but it's well documented that those things, just like Scientology, are bad for you.
  34. Scatman Member

Add to the list "diving off a bridge". Got that straight from the scientology orientation video. Truefacts.
  35. Re: Today in the senate - Vicki Dunstan submission.

Vicky looks so haggard and worn out, does anyone know how old she is. She looks like she's in her late 50's or has been doing drugs, her face looks so lined and saggy :S .... you know scientology could help with that LOL
  36. Anonymous Member

"The Church and its members are globally recognized sponsors of successful humanitarian programs addressing societal ills such as drug abuse, illiteracy, human rights and intolerance"

Unwitting high-schoolers lured to forum run by Scientologists - National

Scientologist propaganda sent to 'most schools in Australia' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    Scientologists 'targeting' schoolchildren - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Pasadena Weekly - The Way To More Questions

"The Church’s more than 200,000 Volunteer Ministers are an active force in disaster relief efforts worldwide. Scientologists volunteer their help, both in times of major disasters, such as the Victoria Fires"

Scientologist 'assisted' from CFA recovery area - National - theage.com.au

"Volunteer Ministers worked 24/7 assisting community authorities and helping victims and disaster relief workers cope with the trauma associated with such a major event"

Scientology Volunteer Ministers - Introduction
    Scientology's Volunteer Minister Program
    Scientology® "Volunteer 'Ministers'"
    Scientologists visiting Va. Tech to help - Roanoke.com
    Critics: Scientologists' Va. trip a time to prey
    GlossLip Scientology Volunteer Ministries: Helping With A Hook?

"The Church has no desire to air in public the personal experiences of members of the Scientology religion–even former members such as these who have chosen to attack their previous faith"

Scientology: The truth rundown | Tampabay.com St. Petersburg Times

Link to Davis and Yingling spewing out "confidentials"?
  37. Scatman Member

I would estimate Dunstan's age in the low 60's, but perhaps she just looks older. Scilons don't age well.
    Vicki Dunstan resembles an over the hill, jaded, sleazy bar bitch who cannot enter into a genuine relationship with anyone, so she settles for one night stands with grossly overweight men who don't bathe regularly.
  38. El Diablo Member

Added an "apostate" section...and done some digging about the net

The essay was written at the request of the Church of Scientology whose "special interest in the question of the reliability of apostates is based on the fact that it has been the target of apostate-based media "exposés" and civil litigation." - Assignment by the Church of Scientology

I've added it to the wiki.

Oh wow! Thanks so much for the linkage. Also, feel free to stick info/urls in the wiki if you want, but if you can't be stuffed I'm happy to do that. And again, thank-you for the linkage...heaps appreciated! :)
  39. Anonymous Member

OP you're referring to here.

I'll start to really dig back through what I recall at the local level( as well as globally), that Vicki is trying to hold up as some sort of legitimacy in her presentation to the Senate.

To whit, her bullshit about "The Church and its members are globally recognized sponsors of successful humanitarian programs addressing societal ills such as drug abuse, illiteracy, human rights and intolerance"

Drug Free Ambassadors/Marshalls

Narconon in the San Francisco Schools

Narconon Drug Abuse Prevention Program Evaluation - Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drug Prevention (CA Dept of Education)

Schools urged to drop antidrug program / Scientology-linked teachings inaccurate, superintendent says

Study Tech

http://i38.tinypic.com/2i7pwtw.jpg

Scientology v. Education - The Scam of "Study Technology"

Scientology v. Education - The Scam of "Study Technology" : <b>Boston Herald</b><br/>Scientology school gets close study

Clams mortgaging property to finance Ascot Vale
    YouTube - Today Tonight : Scientology school uses funds for Church
    Scientology lesson - Today Tonight

Scientology library: &ldquo;Yarralinda School (Mooroolbark, Australia&rdquo;)

Woll Smoth connection

EXCLUSIVE: Will & Jada New School Head?s Scientology Connection | RadarOnline.com

They lie and change their website

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Will's Scientology Academy has "cleansed" its website

Wiki away my friend, Wiki away
  40. kitfisto Member

/r/ a chris hanson , hanserd shoop