Customize

TO: Mosey Rathbun files multi-million dollar lawsuit against CoS for harassment

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by rickybobby, Aug 21, 2013.

1. White Tara Global Moderator

Once again I am so disappoint, it seems they have abandoned the action. A case that held so much promise, for those harassed then, now and into the future.

BTW Roux is the basis of making the white sauce for Mac and Cheese not rue, but while we are descending into nitpickery (not a real word), the idiom was made famous by Shakespeare and would be correctly 'rue the day' not 'rue this day'

I did not get to do college level English, although I do confess to enjoying the flourishes of old fashioned speech.:D
    • Like Like x 2
  2. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  3. sallysock Member

FTR, I'm bored

So, Marty's blog had a lot of comments regarding his faux Shakespeare message. At this point I think it's 115.

I've selected 2 that demonstrate the differing "views."
    Most of the comments are along the lines of the first comment

feb1.JPG

Marty says this.
    feb3.JPG

I have no idea how he chooses words but I think he's mad?

Sidebar: I will say that if you reread his post but with Farrah Abraham's voice, their posting styles are remarkably similar.
    Blah. omg, advocacy,haters,blah blah goodbye haters.

Tl/dr:
    Comment 1: we love monique/we at the bunker have always supported you/wtf
    Comment 2: Tony is suspect
    Comment 3: Marty hates everyone but secretly feels a kinship with Farrah Abraham.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Her life and death fueled a revolution. Honor her name, Marty.
    -Communications Department District 11

[IMG]
  5. Marty may have made a deal with David Miscavige and may even have partially reverted to the cult, by passing and overriding his wife. Watch out.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. DeathHamster Member

Dumb. There's no chance Marty would be accepted back, and he can't bypass Mosey.

At most, they want the Debbie Cook package.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. DeathHamster Member

Keep in mind that there were probably a lot of shitposts that he was already filtering out -- some claiming to be from the Bunker and here.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. 928

Tony Ortega wrote today:

"The calmly aggressive tone of Ray Jeffrey’s letter reminds us of his style in court. We’ve made a couple of trips to Texas to see Jeffrey in action. What impressed us was that he has a homey, warm persona which is entirely genuine, but in court that friendliness works to his advantage. We saw him time and again make Scientology’s attorneys look foolish, and always while appearing to do so in a friendly way. It’s quite entertaining.

In contrast to Jeffrey’s almost laconic style, Elliott Cappuccio was like a laser in court. Scientology’s attorneys do their best to confuse the court by turning the law on its head. But we witnessed Cappuccio slice through that with a precision that left us astonished. And as for appeals, we considered Leslie Hyman’s briefs some of the most impressive we’ve ever read.

This is the team that was fired last week from one of the most significant cases of Scientology litigation to be filed in years, a case they were winning. Imagine not wanting this team on your side. We’re having a hard time understanding it.

For a glimpse of what it was like to see this team in action, we recommend going back over three posts from September 2013, with our live blogging from the Comal County courthouse. They were some of the best days ever at the Underground Bunker…"

LIVE FROM TEXAS: The Monique Rathbun vs. Scientology Temporary Injunction Hearing
    MONIQUE RATHBUN’S TESTIMONY: Day One Finishes in Her Temporary Injunction Hearing
    MONIQUE RATHBUN VS SCIENTOLOGY, DAY 2: Texas Showdown Shifts Gears

http://tonyortega.org/2016/02/03/ra...get-him-in-hot-water-with-the-california-bar/
  9. Quentinanon Member

For all of Marty Rathbun's OT Powerz, he caved-in to the cult. Marty is still a slave.
    As a contrast, look at Holocaust survivor/never been a scientologist Paulette Cooper who, through her own will, successfully exposed and fought the criminal cult of scientology.
    Squirm back into your Hubbardian rat hole, Marty.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Filtering out all of the Marty-Tao and pro-LRH shitposts would require the deletion of the entire site.
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Years ago, when I first started reading posts on this site, I saw that Marty had many enemies and hardly any defenders. The bitterness stuck with me and I didn't look very much into who he was. Having had no experience in the cult other than taking the Communication Course and then splitting, I had a huge amount of information to go over and I just left it at that, while trying to get an understanding of the whole picture.

Some years later, as I learned about some of the events that led up to this lawsuit, and later on, watching the Going Clear documentary, I developed some degree of compassion for the guy, as I have for anyone who gets caught up in this (or any other) greed-motivated, mind-controlling cult.

I had always assumed that he and Ortega were on good terms, and spoke whenever the need arose.

What's happened in the past few days is so bizarre that I've just put it out of my mind. I've tried to understand how he thinks but I can't. Either he has some great plan that he will eventually unveil, or he's just too damaged.

Ya gotta give him a bit of credit, though. When you think about it, an awful lot of people who went through a lot less in life than he did gave up and blew their brains out.
    • Like Like x 7
  12. sallysock Member

Appreciate this. It's all so odd. I suppose that in the future, I'll look back and wonder how the fuck could we not understand what was going on.
    Hoping that day comes sooner rather than later. Right now it all seems mindfuck.

Thanks for the Orientation line. Like many, I was so happy when Larry got out. Good times.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

Perhaps a pleasant interlude is in order.

• Like Like x 3
  14. The Internet Member

I was guessing after the cult lost the appeal that it played its trump card: it somehow let the Rathbun's know that little kids can drop their meat bodies suddenly for various reasons.

Also I heard that the number one OSA stat is comm lines cut. So maybe there is an OSA out there riding high in whatever condition is considered the best.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Malory Member

Can we all try and remember that it isn't Marty who is fighting this case, it's Mosey? Maybe she's just had enough and is taking the welfare of her kid into consideration.

As for Marty lashing out at Tony O....the comment from the unnamed source was a bit OTT. Don't forget Marty had family members with mental health problems so seeing similar claims about his wife was really going to sting.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. I do feel sad for Mosey and this poor child but I find it very difficult to have any compassion for Marty when he invokes Hubbard's 'Fair Game and threatens anyone after all of the misery he caused while he was in a position of power within the 'Church' of Scientology,

I feel bad for the attorney's who had worked so hard on this case for them and the help and hopes of others who have been abused by Scientology's despicable fair game practices.
    Marty hasn't shown any real remorse for the atrocities he oversaw and ordered while in that position, he has tried to profit in many ways from his involvement in Scientology. I feel sorry for what L. Ron Hubbard's processing turned him into, a man who could put Hubbard's abusive mind fuck scam above all else and use the brutally abusive policies on countless Scientologists under his oversight.
    [IMG] face2.jpg
    Lisa Mcpherson: Before and After 17 brutal days of forced confinement undergoing L. Ron Hubbard's insane Introspection Rundown that killed her, imho.

I want Marty to feel sorry for his participation in this and many other LRH inspired atrocities, denounce Hubbard's insane Introspection Rundown, controlling processing and take down every bit of L. Ron Hubbard promotion on his site and move on for the sake of his wife and child.

I feel extremely sad for the family and friends of Lisa Mcpherson who died horribly and unnecessarily under Marty's watch and oversight of L. Ron Hubbard's fair-game policy and the strict implementation of his insane Introspection Rundown that killed her.

Marty places most of the blame for Scientology abuses on David Miscavige, I just wish he'd take a close look in the mirror and take responsibility for all the damage that he personally inflicted upon countless other Scientology's victims as well.

When Marty can denounce the abusive monster L. Ron Hubbard, cease making threats and apologizes for that and countless other punishments inflicted upon Scientologists over the decades under his watch and LRH style fair-game direction, I'll start to have compassion for him.
    • Like Like x 4
  17. DeathHamster Member

I remember years ago when Marty claimed that Anonymous was OSA OSA OSA and threats.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Noticed on his blog this comment from Amy:

Amy Scobee | February 3, 2016 at 1:34 pm | Reply
    Hi Marty, Never a dull moment… I don’t know anything about what’s going on, but I do know that you and Mosey are extremely intelligent. You have a reason and a plan. No doubt. Wishing you success. Amy & Mat
  19. Quentinanon Member

Yes, he's quite damaged, but repairable if he could let go of Hubbardism and take ownership for his past behaviour in the cult.
    Oh, and you forgot "dive off a bridge"
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Agreed, but he may be too damaged and done too much damage to others for complete recovery. Marty once said that the karmic treatment he's received from Miscavige was like dying a death every day (paraphrasing here). Waking up for him likely involves such tremendous shame and guilt because it involves coming to terms with how he hurt others.

There's only so many times one can shrug off the guilt by telling oneself they performed these acts when they 'weren't themselves' or while under 'mind control', but one cannot escape the pain all of the time when he/she realizes the gravity of ruination they caused.

Overall, I suspect that Marty has at least one personality disorder and likely depressive or other mood disorder. After watching his behavior and written statements, Marty knee-jerk insults people when they hit a nerve. Previously, he would be mean and nasty to polite comments and questions that shook his world view in a knee-jerk manner. Attack, never defend.

His behavior this week is just another occurrence of that same knee-jerk reaction, which tells me that Ortega or other commenters at the Bunker also hit a nerve. Marty will likely never to recover from the deeply ingrained cult behavior modification 'tech' unless he completely removes himself from the topic and undergoes serious and intensive therapy.

Having been in several really devastating controlling, and abusive relationships myself it took many years of hard work in therapy to really be at peace with it. And I mean it took almost a decade. I don't see much hope for Rathbun based on his past actions and inability to shake off his cult behavior patterns. I hope I'm wrong, but it isn't likely.
    • Like Like x 5
  21. SlappyDM Member

From MR's blog...

Mike Rinder says
    February 3, 2016 at 9:43 am

I understand this is a topic people want to talk about. Unfortunately, I have no information that sheds any light on it. And I am afraid that in such a circumstance, speculation, no matter how well informed has the danger of causing unforeseen consequences. I wish nothing more than Marty and Mosey have the space and freedom to live their lives as they choose. They owe nobody anything, though a lot of people who are nothing but distant observers seem to think they have an obligation to them to do or act in a certain way. That is selfish. They have to do what is right for them and it is an impossible task to judge unless you are literally in their shoes. So I refrain from commentary on this.

• Like Like x 4
  22. anon8109 Member

Mosey is innocent, but Marty owes a lot to a lot of people he has harmed directly and indirectly when he applied Hubbard and Miscavige's toxic and abusive policies. Following orders is not an excuse.

Until he has done all he can to repair the damage he has done he will remain culpable.

Demanding accountability and reparations for harm done is not selfish, it is seeking justice.
    • Like Like x 8
  23. Marty and Tony have always have a prickly relationship, and this is not the first time Marty has attacked and named-called Tony. For example I well-recall the time Marty referred to The Underground Bunker as a "cult" having a leader (Tony) and "fixed ideas." Basically, Marty cannot stand criticism.

Also, Marty is used to bullying people. He has had a hard time learning that bullying people is not so easy when one no longer has a cult with brainwashed adherents and a billion dollar war chest behind you.
    • Like Like x 8
  24. Quentinanon Member

Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
    • Like Like x 1

25. NPD and possibly anti-social personality disorder. He may even have Borderline Personality Disorder elements. He's chock full of pathologies. He is an interesting character and DM's #1 enemy, but it may be for the best if he just goes away. The fact that he is not in prison just pisses me off, and I don't need to be reminded of that every time he feels the need for attention.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Marty was probably born conscience free and identified with L. Ron Hubbard because he was also mentally ill and conscience free.
  27. snippy Member

28. Quentinanon Member

I don't see ASPD in Marty as I do in Miscavige, but the malignant form of NPD may be present, an affliction Hubbard had big time.
    If scientology were based in most other countries, the leadership would go to prison, but in the U.S., they receive absurd entitlements and immunities.
  29. Random guy Member

^^This!^^
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Random guy Member

I guess this whole thing is a bit more complex than Marty having a brainfart. First off, it is Monique's case, and whatever's going on, I'm not seeing her jeopardise their child's future.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Mr. Magoo Member

I went to Marty's blog to read the comments, and was reminded why I never go to his blog. Not only do I not care about what he has to say, but the comments are full of gobbledygook scientology-speak. So many of the commenters sound like they're still in the cult. Ghaaaaaa! I can't take it. And who is Oracle? I want that person to shut up. "Buy Marty's book and write a glowing review or you are not a true Martaayy friend and supporter." LOLOLOL! I agree with the commenter who compared it to being pressured to buy all those Hubbard books no one really wanted. Between the cultspeak and the extortion, it's the same old scientology song and dance.

Ok, rant over. I do wish Monique and the kid well. Marty too, for that matter. I wish him well enough that he is finally able to do the right thing and tell what he knows. Then I will be interested in what he has to say.
    • Like Like x 4
  32. Marty has placed Monique and their child in a horrible position, she is another of Marty's victims, I don't blame her at all. I feel sorry for her and your child, enough is enough. Marty, expose the true evils of Scientology that you know all about for the sake of all, especially your wife and kid and gtfo out of Scientology of any kind, do not cherry pick from Hubbard's mindfuck at all for the good of all, including yourself.

Hubbard deserves a lot of blame for what his processing did to you, move away from it, denounce this fraud's lies, scams and abuses once and for all. I will gladly wish you well and hope that you never stoop to threatening others or use Hubbard's Fair-Game for your advantage in any way ever again. You've caused enough damage to yourself, your family and many others both when in and now out of Scientology.

I place a lot of the blame for the despicable conduct and abuses that have been rampant within L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology scam since its inception on the despicable tyrant and cult leader LRH himself.

It's my hope for every single ex-Scientologist (including Marty, Rinder and other Indies who try ro blame it all on Miscavige) that they have a chance to decompress and move on with their lives without the limitations and pressures of following absurd abusive LRH policies.

The very last thing they need is more Scientology from other Independent Scientologists who insist on defending Hubbard's scam despite all of the misery it has lead to.

Marty was supposedly the very best auditor on the planet and just look at the misery he has caused for so many. He won't look at it himself honestly and that's my major problem with his attempts to make money off of his personal story and completely misguided ideals. Hubbard's processing turned him into a despicable character who can somehow justify his own horrific 'handling' of Lisa Mcpherson. Imho Marty has damaged, not helped many, many Scientologists below him on the Scientology food chain.

I'd like to say that I can't believe he's invoking Hubbard's brutal fair-game policy and threatening people still but here he goes again. Sickening!

I will vigorously oppose anyone in Scientology or Independent Scientology who tries to push LRH insane, controlling processing on anyone for any reason. Many try to profit from their from their former experiences in Scientology in one form or another like Rinder, Rathbun and many others in the so-called Independent field of the abusive cult of Scientology.

Marty Rathbun needs to get help with his own problems, many caused by Scientology and should not be offering his misguided help for sale in any form to anyone,imho.

I wish you and your family well, Marty.
    Please Stop promoting LRH for good, thanks.
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Marty is one of the "men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. There are such unfortunates. They are not at fault; they seem to have been born that way."
  34. TrevAnon Member

35. TrevAnon Member

AFAICT Tony referred to an open source, "a document that showed up this morning in the court’s docket" as he calls it, and an unnamed source. Those are things that are perfectly legal for a journalist. Your quoting Marty doesn't help and doesn't change the facts in any way.

And I'd like it if you wouldn't scream like you did.

Stupid attention seeking Kat is stupid and attention seeking. :(
    • Like Like x 2

36. Yes, you may be right, there are such unfortunates and I'm not sure in Marty's particular case but I've seen many otherwise compassionate and fairly 'normal' people who joined Scientology with very good intentions justify and participate both actively and passively in horrendous abuses and crimes after many years of dangerous, controlling LRH processing that I find to be the culprit.

The KSW mindset is locked in in many cases and over time many exes have done quite well themselves in moving on, many post here and elsewhere trying to inform and help others avoid the scam.. Many more, are still caught up in the mindfuck, it takes time to decompress and there are some who will simply never give up the bogus 'tech' regardless of the overwhelming evidence of Hubbard being a liar and conman, little else.
    '

I have no respect for any Independent exes like Rinder, Rathbun and Co. who pretend to help new exes for their own financial benefit by promoting more LRH 'tech' in any form for sale under the guise that David Miscavige is the real problem when the actual abusive coward responsible has been L. Ron Hubbard all along who has caused far more damage to his cult followers.
    Independents claim: Miscavige Bad / Hubbard Good to keep vulnerable exes exploitable for cash under the pretense of 'helping' them with standard 'Tech' horseshit.

................................................''It was Barzini all along.''.................................................

Miscavige Bad / Hubbard 1,000 times worse is more like it. It's Hubbard, not Miscavige who is and was the root of Scientology evil.

DM is simply a worst-case product of Hubbard's processing. Hubbard's brutal policies and controlling processing has damaged all who get indoctrinated. Independents selling and promoting this fraud should be prosecuted for the fraud they are committing against people who have already been abused for a long time.

Independent Scientology, It's a disgusting scam perpetrated against vulnerable victims of L. Ron Hubbard who finally have a chance at some real freedom.
    • Like Like x 2