Customize

Tired of youtube scilon abuse? Here is a solution!

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by Hicks, Sep 5, 2010.

1. webkilla Member

Re: Tired of youtube scilon abuse? Here is a solution!

doesn't load for me
  2. Hicks Member

Admin told me that everyone with a need for a free speech platform is welcomed.

I just poked him to notify that site wasn't working at the time.

Edit: Site should be back up now.
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

What's with the name "videtiz"? Did they just roll some Boggle cubes and type in what came up? They aren't looking to go viral with a name like that, I assume.
  4. Anontacular Member

I also got the "user does not exist" notice when I tried to log on. I will try again tomorrow and see if it likes me then! It looks great, and when the bugs are worked out, I'm sure it will thrive.
  5. Anonymous Member

I'm in. ...it's working well so far. I have some stuff that should fit well here.

Are these servers in a law abiding nation?
  6. AnotherSock Member

Years ago, when Scientologit Ollie Schaper was making all those bogus rights claims, alternatives to YouTube were discussed. I'll repeat now something that I read two years ago:

It doesn't matter that alternatives to YouTube exist. What matters is that Joe Public goes first to YouTube, so that's where our message has to be seen. Yes, we know that the Scilons are abusing YouTube... but we have to stay there and keep plugging away. Even if that means creating new accounts and uploading things many times over.

No harm in having a secondary site where all the movies are stockpiled, though.
  7. tazor Member

This is good news.
  8. Liquid Razor Member

Sock's right. Besides, I can't remember there being extreme scilon abuse of YT lately. More something revolving around that Cruise video.
  9. Anonymous Member

DCMA is a bitch man. Its not only the scilons.

we need a site where all these videos are backed up.

the ollie vids are hardly available anymore.
  10. Anonymous Member

http://cyberhaters.blogspot.com/

His blog.

He listed a hawt woman as a Satanic Hatemonger lulz
  11. Re: Tired of youtube scilon abuse? Here is a solution!

um, sort of ...

YouTube is where Joe Q Pubic is most likely to accidentally the whole video.

Linked in online forums (such as comments sections of online newspapers), any video host will get the message out.
  12. Anonymous Member

you're right she's really hot.
  13. Anonymous Member

Cool new tool. Could use more traffic if the site could handle it. Remember when Pirate Bay linked to WWP for Sea Argh? Are those connections still in place? They might enjoy this.
  14. mollie2810 Member

Many things have changed since then. YouTube made a lot of changes in the last two years and all of them just made everything worse and it won't become better in the future. So then maybe people would now be more willing to use an alternative.
  15. subgenius Member

Its not just a matter of random traffic seeing the vids.
    They will reside there and can be linked to.
    No?
  16. YatsuraChan Member

awesome site! :clap clap:
  17. stone Member

That's a really awesome site. First class all the way. :)

I've got to wonder, though, how commercial video sites would react if they suspect that code was ripped from their site?
  18. sooleater Member

works well
  19. Mark Cabian Member

Another advantage is for those who google and click on videos. It doesn't matter if it's YouTube, Vimeo, or there. I'll start uploading soon, and am already wondering how many tags I can do per video.
  20. tinkleberry Member

Needs some pwopa advertisement. And to extend itself to being for anyone who's fed up with copyright on youtube.

Probably a snappier domain name too. Could grow fast if done right.
  21. Anonymous Member

And Relyt is a subscriber. <snicker>
  22. Anonymous Member

23. AIN Member

also, filing a false DMCA is perjury and the filer can be arrested for it.
  24. afternon Member

25. extasy Member

Iirc you can't stay anonymous if you want to litigate a false dmca or copyright claim on youtube.

I guess its latin. At least "videt" means to see and videtis should mean "we/you see" - which would make perfect sense due to the nature of the site.
  26. anonymous256 Member

27. AnonymousNow Member

First thing I would do in vetting process for DMCA is see if it was from a legit sender, confirm address/telephone. That way you have someone on the hook for perjury if necessary, and if not, you have a quick way to dispose of the DMCA notice-- the trash can. YouTube doesn't even go that far, if the DMCA came from the North Pole, they would still demand a response from the target.
  28. mork Member

Site is win.

/sigh,i hate CAPTCHA
  29. Sponge Member

My first 3 vids uploaded without too much trouble but yesterday I tried to upload the panorama promo (twice) yesterday and after it seemed to complete it now appears to be stuck in limbo, or failed without warning, not showing up in my videos yet in my manage videos page it says I have 5 videos.
  30. Re: Tired of youtube scilon abuse? Here is a solution!

Vizilble- the Tube for You
  31. extasy Member

would be nice if it could be integrated into wwp like the youtube player.

here is an example embed code i randomly grabbed from the site:

32. Videtiz Member

Hai *,

it has been a month now since i started videtiz and so far everything works pretty well.
    After some problems with the mail delivery and video conversion most things worked pretty much out of the box.
    The problems we faced could be dealt with pretty fast, too.

Since a lot of the traffic videtiz has today comes from this site, i decided to write a little summery about the project here:

1. Hosting
    while the website itself is hosted in only one (secure) location (for security reasons), the videos are mirrored to various server that are used for load balancing. That means that its most unlikely that a video will get lost once its uploaded to videtiz.

2. DMCA/Copyright
    since there is no such thing as the dmca in the countries where the videos are hosted i can simply ignore dmca claims.

copyright and what not however is a little bit more difficult since nearly the whole world agreed (more or less) to it.
    On the bright side I can check every copyright claim personally and make sure its real and try to work out alternatives (e.g. using copyright music for anti Scientology videos may be in favor of some of the artists after all)
    Basically i don't just delete everything just because of user claims without having a deep look into it and maybe even try to negotiate with the copyright holder.

3. Objective
    You may already have guessed that this is an anonymous project. However it's not limited to anonymous but to everyone who cares about freedom of speech in general.
    I highly encourage everyone to use videtiz to express everything they want (except for pr0n - since there are quite a lot alternatives for that)

4. Final words
    This is a non profit based project and I started it because YT became a bunch of content-mafia-slaves. The impact on YT will be even more noticeable once ACTA is in place (which hopefully will never happen).
    I try to provide a secure haven for your ideas, expressions and freedom of speech.

Videtiz.com

edit: typos
  33. Re: Tired of youtube scilon abuse? Here is a solution!

THANK YOU for what you are doing.
  34. Anonymous Member

Yes THANK YOU!
  35. TorontosRoot Member

The recent stolen video linked here, made by the cult, is new. New abuse? New abuse to kick us all off the interwebs?

Somebody get me a tissue, because i cannot stop LULZING
  36. extasy Member

of course thats a shot in the blue.. but it could be some troll.
    reversed psychology and stuff.
  37. subgenius Member

Clue, please, as to how to pronounce the name of the site.
  38. Videtiz Member

videtis - Wiktionary

the Z just makes it look cool. well, kinda.

its pretty much like saying "video" but you drop the "o" and add "tis"

If I have to say it in real life i actually struggle myself since the z makes it weird.
  39. subgenius Member

So...."viddy-tiz"?
  40. Videtiz Member

Well its hard to describe since you English guys pronounce the "e" differently.

Its more like "viddeh-tiz"