Customize

Time's Poll: Julian Assange won 20 times more votes than Mark Zuckerberg but lost

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Richie Jones, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Anon T0d Member

Re: Time's Poll: Julian Assange won 20 times more votes than Mark Zuckerberg but lost

Obviously Julian didn't break enough privacy laws to qualify for the award :rolleyes:
  2. Sponge Member

3. Anonymous Member

Re: Time's Poll: Julian Assange won 20 times more votes than Mark Zuckerberg but lost

Funny that we can share comments on Facebook. Remove that feature. If people seek out Anonymous, they will come.
  4. Anonymous Member

QFT
  5. Anonymous Member

probably also had to do with Assange really coming to a head at the 11th hour.

like a good film that came out late and got bumped from winning an oscar.

but really, i see no reason to totally get up in a bunch over it...
    for fuck's sake, a ton of fucktards were rooting for Lady Gaga to get that award. i haven't read a time magazine in forever.

the comments regarding corporate nepotism and all that shizz are very interesting, however.

people like assange are not in it to win a popularity contest, anyhow.
  6. Anonymous Member

True. I think what stings the most is the obvious choice of complete absence of privacy over complete Anonymity. Too obvious not to have been deliberate.
  7. Anonymous Member

magazines in general get written up a few months prior to going to print....

i do not understand the quote from above that another anon re-quoted with QFT.....
  8. Anonymous Member

there are all sorts of folks out there that writers / journalista may wish to cater to, or gain the attention of.

in terms of mass appeal and really broad usage, Facebook was kinda big, and obviously, a broader spectrum of people can relate to it, or use it with regularity.
    it certainly is, on one level, a less politically charged and more neutral choice, imo.....
    time magazine is not exactly cutting edge.