Customize

TIME's Person of the Year 2011: The Protester

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by The Wrong Guy, Dec 14, 2011.

1. whosit Member

I believe that everyone is equal. I believe everyone can do whatever they can. I'm lucky. I live in the US. I have an opportunity to do whatever I can. But it is only an opportunity. Not everyone has that option. The majority of the world sucks. Too bad they aren't living here.

I get annoyed when people here think they are striving for "justice" like the people that live under real dictatorships. It isn't the "prevailing wisdom". It is reality.
  2. whosit Member

prevailing wisdom
    blah blah blah. You are so much smartererer.
  3. Anonymous Member

Yeah too bad they aren't living in the Land of the Free which is not a global dictatorship at all.

It's not as if it's the land where firing depleted uranium shells at third world children whilst denying them the means to cure the resulting leukemia and cancers is considered "collateral damage" and justified in the name of American business interests.

It's not as if the right wing "christian" hypocrites set the agenda for foreign policy at all, no no, here's some pretty pictures to look at, drink more Coca Cola, watch more TV, don't ask don't tell.
  4. whosit Member

If the rest of you fucktards would actually get on board with "the Land of the Free" we wouldn't have to be "firing depleted uranium shells at third world children". BTW if you have a cure for leukemia I'm sure there are plenty of people in big pharma that would love to know. You can monetize that shit and sell it. God bless capitalism, it has raised the standard of living for the majority of the people around the world even if commie bastards don't want to admit it.

Oh, and why did you bring up religion?
  5. adhocrat Member

because 'right wing' is the worst insult some people can hurl.

I looked back at Time's 2009 man of the year and had a sick laugh

Ben Bernacke, who knows nothings about economics, but a lot about math. He just never figured out that when the underlying system you are analyzing constantly shifts with the tides, then all the math does is describe political whims, not economic understanding.

There is an unbelievable arrogance about anyone who thinks they can control an economy.
  6. Anonymous Member

Spoken like a true nazi. Well done. Of course you are not even remotely aware of why depleted uranium shells were fired on kids, at all.

Not familiar with radiotherapy then, no? Or pain relief such as morphine?

Fuck the commies. How predictable that anyone in opposition to your fucktarded opinion that USA should rule the planet be called a "commie".

Because of the delicious hypocrisy idiots like you display whenever trying to justify the inhumanity of US foreign policy, by hiding behind the bible.

Face facts - your ideology relies on deliberately killing kids. Ten kids in third world countries must die so that one fat fuck in the USA can thrive.

How long do you think this situation will last? How can you be so stupid as to dismiss protesters who are simply trying to open a conversation and perhaps examine this cruel imbalance?

For the record - I'd sooner be a slave to Russia or China than to the USA. At least they are honest about their motives.
  7. Orson Member

Oh, you didn't get me riled up; it's called irony - using your misguided comment to prove a point. Users who get me riled up get called out in their own special thread and that's only happened once since I became a mod. It would take much more than you have done to get to that point.

Your comment also assumes I've never been outside the US and seen real poverty. I'd wager that having been to 3 different countries on the African continent (including Egypt), Eastern Europe before the fall of Soviet control of it, Haiti and several other unfortunate places on this planet that I've seen as much or more than you.

Here's the bottom line: you are making a black and white argument when the reality is it's a matter of degrees.

And let's not forget the healthy portion of the people in the United States that live in complete and total abject poverty.

I'd ask you to reconsider your argument and position.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. adhocrat Member

Abject poverty? Really. Let me ask you, How many times have you seen the distended bellies of true poverty in the USA?
    Answer, never.
    What is impovershing America is government policies. That is such an obvious thing, yet it seems so hard for some to understand. Government is force, and as such it cannot produce anything of value. All it can do is destroy.
  9. Anonymous Member

The researcher, Boris Borisov, in his article titled “The American Famine” estimated the victims of the financial crisis in the US at over seven million people. The researcher also directly compared the US events of 1932-1933 with Holodomor, or Famine, in the USSR during 1932-1933.

In the article, Borisov used the official data of the US Census Bureau. Having revised the number of the US population, birth and date rates, immigration and emigration, the researcher came to conclusion that the United States lost over seven million people during the famine of 1932-1933.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/americas/19-05-2008/105255-famine-0/

If anyone is under the illusion that another Great Depression in the USA is not possible - think again.
  10. adhocrat Member

Not very well researched article
    and it should be understood that the US government, through the Fed, caused the Great Depression and the current depression we are in. Cheap money always leads to a depression. The Fed insures cheap money, right up until it runs out.

I heard that 60% of the US population receives a government check. What happens when the well runs dry?
  11. Anonymous Member

wukan-lufeng-guangdong-riot.jpg
    2011 Sept, China

[IMG]
    Dec, same village
  12. Orson Member

How many times have you seen the distended bellies of true poverty in the USA? Plenty of times. Come with me to the deep south or Appalachians and I'll be happy to show you.
  13. adhocrat Member

Having lived in Appalachia and the deep south for 15 years, I'll call you on that. IF it happened, the papers would have it on the front page on every paper. I've yet to see it. Doesn't mean it's never happened, but I'll need more than your word on this one. Pictures of Americans with distended bellies, please.
    Even during the Great Depression no pictures I've ever seen showed distended bellies. Ever.
    Poverty, yes, famine, no.