Customize

Thread Derail Graveyard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark Cabian, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Where are you?

Do you realize that?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Look at this site, please.
    http://www.refocus.org/

I just got a newsletter from them in my inbox. They have interesting discussions that are consistently good.
    This is a copy of the letter -

Amongst the various books listed for suggested reading on the website is this one:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

found on the refocus website :
    http://www.refocus.org/uploads/3/9/3/8/3938709/coping_with_post-cult_trauma_singer_can_1993.pdf

• Like Like x 2
  5. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  6. fishypants Moderator

I found this pretty interesting too:
    http://www.refocus.org/uploads/3/9/3/8/3938709/criteria_for_thought_reform_lifton.pdf
    (bits in red are me)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

When you are first "loved bombed", you feel like it's magical that you found these awesome friends. Then, as you are "coached" along with the enthusiasm of your favorite PE teacher in school, you begin to love the encouragement and adoration, feeling like you're getting some nurturing you may have missed from your own parents. Then, gradually over time, they begin to make subtle demands, and you want to please them, because they are people who see the good in you, and whom you respect, and so little by little, you do what they say, because surely they must know best. There is a sort of new-agey "God" driven aspect to it as well, like one might see represented in "The way to happiness", and you want to be a good kid and do the right thing and be good to people and make the world better.
    Later, of course, there is such a layer of subversive manipulation in there, with a kid thinking that their parents can just about read their minds, and that this nice guy god can sometimes turn mean and punish for not obeying.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

also, just for the sake of argument, features that are described above could apply to a multitude of different types of sociological groups at any given time.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

Answers your questions?
  10. Anonymous Member

No, please explain this to me, Anonymous.
  11. Anonymous Member

Thought it was very self-explanatory.

If it has to be explained, then perhaps it's time to lay off the vodka and meth?
  12. Anonymous Member

okay.
  13. fishypants Moderator

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002ATI4VG

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Anonymous Member

There's more:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

I like this one because at the end of the review, the author mentions that the spirits were good for cleaning his paintbrushes!! (that has got to be strong, stinky stuff... like my turpentine? lol)

17. Anonymous Member

Hi. I'd like to apologize to all members for everything I have posted.
  18. Anonymous Member

all 67,034 posts?
  19. Anonymous Member

or rather 67,036 posts
  20. DeathHamster Member

I didn't twig to the methylated part until I scrolled down to Customers who bought this also bought part and saw all the backpacker cook-stoves.
  21. Anonymous Member

yeah, mineral spirits.
    (i got that confused with turpentine.)
  22. Anonymous Member

Ah - perhaps 'meths' doesn't translate to Americaneze.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denatured_alcohol
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrogate_alcohol

Cleaning and fuel are its intended purposes. Since meths is poisonous, it is the last desperate refuge of penniless alcoholics.

This is the joke.

Do not drink meths.

(Or perhaps your seemingly-naive post is actually full of irony and the joke's on me?)
  23. Anonymous Member

i don't drink.
    No, this forum, and the internet are, and make me crazy.

24. Anonymous Member

You have my sympathies.

Ah.

In that case,

25. I can have that noone here likes me. - It's all the part of the territory ("Anonymous is not your firend" etc.).
    The opposite is true as well: one doesn't like thus not liked.

OTOH:
    Wow! This thread delivers. :cool: - Despite being Graveyard.
  26. Anonymous Member

Great, i'm going to watch Comedy Central now.
  27. Anonymous Member

keep-clam-and-learn-to-spell.png
    • Funny Funny x 3
  28. Anonymous Member

Already drunk on your vodka, just warming up, or on your 16th bottle?
  29. i seaz sum gramer natseez hea?
    :cool:
  30. Anonymous Member

31. Anonymous Member

82942867.jpg
  32. Anonymous Member

No but I do see a drunk nigger posting faggotry
  33. Anonymous Member

34. Great way to stop anyone posting in a thread is to reply to it in a way that noone with their mind in a right place can see any connecton between what's been replied to and the reply.
    See above. :cool:
  35. AnonModz Member

Those stats must be biased because me personally, if I were going to kill anyone (not that I would). I would not purchase a gun legally to kill people, and secondly I would not let my emotions take control because then mistakes are made. But if you know going in your going to die then fuck it I guess, what difference will it make. lol

Rather, I would purchase a silenced long ranged high caliber sniper rifle and do my business that way. The beltway snipers did it the right way from inside a trunk from highways, their downfall was sleeping in the car. So you see, it can be done without mistakes but just pointing out the obvious that people are prone to making mistakes.

It is the human condition that kills people.. emotions.
  36. Anonymous Member

^ yea you got experience amateur
  37. AnonModz Member

I am just saying if you had a thing for killing people and not wanting to be caught, don't use your emotions to control your actions.
  38. Anonymous Member

Because it is completely rational to murder people?
  39. AnonModz Member

I never said that murder was rational. Just about everything that we do is not rational.
  40. AnonModz Member

And to the poster above this one, exactly my point. We don't care about them because it is not OUR direct problem, just like these kids in CT are not. They will soon be forgotten and just a past memory which we all could give a fuck less about over time.

So long as it is not our own children being shot, why would we care?