Customize

Thread Derail Graveyard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark Cabian, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

I think what DLH meant to say was 9/11 not WWP attack, but I could be wrong. It is entirely possible that his friend was killed in the great WWP implosion of 2012 by a flying cheese toastie.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. LOL.

'And he shall be called Daniel, for he alone has divined the meaning of the writing on the wall. Yea, verily'.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dragononymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dragononymous Member

My lord, A vote!
  6. Anonymous Member

I voted for London, reluctantly.

While having a megaraid during the Olympic Events - July 27th - August 12 - would be an opportunity for a large exposure, at the level of the street and that of the media, I worry that the police presence could be so intense that things might go badly.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dragononymous Member

Been thinking about that too.
    Then again, hotels will mostly likely be booked to the max, which might make it harder for foreign Anons to stay for a longer time. (just something to consider, nothing more..)
    On the other hand, that;s something that should be left for the poll/lovelychat about the date.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dragononymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. ObamAnon Member

London + Olympics = too expensive for me.

I see my future:

theburrointijuana3487.jpg
  10. Anonymous Member

If the mega-raid took place away from the Olympic Games dates, that hotel problem is probably not eliminated but at least it will be somewhat diminished.

During the Games is perhaps not so good a plan.
  11. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  12. muted Member

• Like Like x 4
  13. Texy Member

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dragononymous Member

Hmm, 3 votes for Norway
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

2 of which appear to be from sock accounts?
  16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  17. Juster Moderator

I voted, and muted and Texy are -- as far as I know -- not the same person.
  18. zardox Member

• Like Like x 3
  19. XenuNorway Member

• Like Like x 3
  20. Texy Member

I only got 1 account.
  21. muted Member

sock u.
  22. Anonymous Member

Voted London, because there's more places to raid (including Saint Hill). But if not, definitely Manchester.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. ^OSAOSAOSA^

He was obviously referring to the World War Pee Attack:
    Peeing_Calvin.jpg
  24. ^THIS^
  25. yax Member

Norway.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. AnonKriss Member

• Like Like x 4
  27. TheForce Member

[IMG]

Edit: In other words, Norway!
    • Like Like x 4
  28. NasKit Member

- 1 London.

+1 Norway, Oslo.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Dragononymous Member

Keep in mind that it has to be affordable.
    Quick check (from my side) says a coach trip is 6x the price and a plane ticket atleast twice the amount.

inb4 HurrDurr You just asked us where we want it to be held, not which one is the best option.
  30. 6 and twice the price of what?

Where'ever somebody has to travel and getting anywhere in europe costs about the same unless your booking flights in retard mode.

London frankly, does'nt want to host another one... It's been done, and we neither have anything new to present to make the event worthwhile... Or the time to create something.

Let somebody else have a chance... Myself, I'm not going anywhere unless something unique and newsworthy is organised to happen during the week there. Otherwise you won't get enough people interested to gain critical mass.

Rather than asking where.... You'd do better to ask people willing to host one, what they can offer to make the week mega.
    It's not enough to just say 'hurr, durr, we'll raid the org' ... You need to lay out a number of days worth of events. With confirmed evening venue's. Accomodation... Telling peopel to just rent a hotel is far from ideal... Most cannot afford a hotel... Most cost more per night that the flight there in the first place.... This is a deal breaker for many. We need free or nearly free accomodation where we can dump our stuff and bed down together for the duration of our stay. So, think really big houses, church/community halls... And don't forget to provide us with internet access at this location, because visitors won't be able to use their own 3g dongles abroad without a lottery win first.
    You'll need to work out travel costs between all the events and venues... Provide travel guides and ticket options so people don't get lost en ruit.
    Don't forget the contingency plans for the enevitable sucker who gets ill or lost/abandoned and need of locating and rescueing.
    Factoring in picking up stuff so we can knock up breakfasts and things at our accomondation is pretty important... A well fed troll is a happy troll... and one that does not get raped by subway to get fed is even happier.

Then you need to figure how to publicise your unique events to not only get media coverage on the day but to show your potential audience that it's going to be epic and worth booking out a week of their time and parting with money that is scaresly spareable.

Don't forget you'll need a team tirelessly pumping out new media all the time leading up to your megaraid to keep people interested and build energy.

If you can do all that, and can demontrate your basic outline and capacity for providing this in the very immediate future... Then you stand a chance... not a garuntee, but will be squarely on the starting block of hosting a raid that could possibly come to be mega. And submit your propossal for hosting something this year.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Dragononymous Member

London it is
    + it's most likely a weekend, not a week
  32. NO
    + Allowing for varying arrival and departure times on days before and after the actual stuff happening. Plus some people wanting to site see or have more social time... rather then turn up, shout at a building then gtfo. A weekend means planning on people being around and needing stuff sorting for AT LEAST 4 days. A minority maybe a couple more. So once everything is taken care of your looking at nearly a weeks actual hosting.
  33. Dragononymous Member

you might disagree, others don't
  34. Then proov me wrong faggot
  35. Dragononymous Member

7 people did it for me
  36. Anonymous Member

37. 7 votes on an easily skewed anonymous poll won't make weeks of meticulous planning magically eminate from somebodies asshole.
    Nor will a mere 7 motivate people with no spare time to put fine some. You'd need at least 30 known entity faggots putting their names to a desire to attend london before i'd consider it worthwhile considering to organise anything.
    Personally.... I'd rather go somewhere new, it's an excuse to travel with the bonus of a trolling opportunity in the middle... ie, not in England... And given how flights to most european countries are cheaper than the train fair to manc. I don't see this as a problem.
  38. Dragononymous Member

1. I saw what you did thar

2. It might be from London, not from every fucking place in europe.
  39. Dragononymous Member

Not a bad idea actually...
  40. 1) I'm not a londoner

2) Travel is what I do. I don't often go more than a few weeks without going /somewhere/... And yes, it is from every place in europe to just about any other place... I do it all the time without having an income. lrn2travel.
    Well, unless there is a major sporting event on at your destination... In which case getting into the place is going to make your purse cry what ever you do.

Now, i've said my peace and will sit back and watch you fail like a special needs kid trying to stop a chainsaw with its face.