Customize

Thread derail graveyard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Dec 15, 2008.

1. antipart Member

Re: New to the site.

I am going to take a moment here to step back a little.

I made the point that scientology was in decline and someone said you are welcome.

I asked if they were taking credit for the decline and no one answered. Probably thought I was being a smart ass. But it is a serious question.

What factors have gone into the reduction of scientology's ability to prey upon the vulnerable?
  2. 4nOniem Member

Anon Cell,

Dear Anonymous,

how can i find a Cell in my local area?

Thank u!
  3. Re: New to the site.

Justice Brandeis. Sunlight. Disinfectant. Alternately, inoculation. We've provided a hell of a lot of sunlight, and we've done a good job of inoculating the masses.
  4. Anonymous Member

Re: Anon Cell,

Start one, or check StillAlive.Com.Net.Org.CH
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Miranda Member

Request to New WWP Users

Welcome. Just a couple of clarifications in light of the large number of new people on the forums right now:

Before posting, please be sure to read the rules. Note that WWP does not promote illegal activities such as DDOS attacks.

Please also take the time to lurk the forums and see what's already here. This will help cut down on the number of redundant threads.

It's great to see so many enthusiastic newcomers. Feel free to contact a member of the Welcome Committee (names in orange) or a moderator (names in red) if you need help.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Re: How To Activate User CP?

You have to find the hidden link somewhere on the site. Once you click it you have to download all of the CP on the page. You will then be able to access it.
  7. Anonymous Member

Re: How To Activate User CP?

Did someone say CP?

[IMG]
  8. Anonymous Member

I take full credit for Scientology's decline and ruin.
    Myself, personally.

I replied earlier in this thread, but the mods deleted my reply, infracted me and banned that account.

But seriously,
    I am fully responsible for all entheta and everything that harms the legacy of L. Ron Hubbard.

You're welcome. :)
  9. JohnnyRUClear Member

Many factors have played a part. Chanology is one such, and each of us who have been active in it can take a little bow for our halp. But the major players IMO have been:

- Hubbard croaked
    - the Internet
    - Hubbard left a metastasized bunch of exacting hogslop which he insisted was infallible, and which does not age well (to put it lightly)
    - Scientology is rubbish

There are many other factors, but those are what come to mind as the primary coffin-nails. What any indvidual or group has done is ultimately of little importance; had they not, someone else would have -- or not. Either way, the scam was doomed all along due to the aforementioned coffin-nails. We're just enjoying the ride down, at this point.
  10. antipart Member

anger?

I took a little time to think this one through because it is a force that drives so many aspects of the events that are currently unfolding throughout the world today.

It was anger that made the US Government go off half cocked and make fools of themselves by trying to suppress the free flow of information. It not only highlighted their malice, it also displayed their incompetence.

Anger has been driving the terrorist world for generations. They blew up one of ours so let's blow up one of theirs. Each time more people become angry and join up.

The same is occurring here where anger over the attempt to silence wikileaks has people joining up in the efforts to retaliate by silencing others.

"I don't understand what you are doing but here use my computer to do it"

This is a mindset that is easily exploited by preditorial gangs and cults.
  11. Ersatz Global Moderator

I wrote that because I thought it was funny. Anons by nature are smart asses which I suppose is why I fit in so well. However, there is some truth to the comment.

I don't have time to respond properly at the moment, but hope to later. Also, any anons who would like to explain why my smart ass comment isn't so far off base are welcome to step in.

antipart I have to say I am pleasantly suprised at the tenor of this discourse. Thank you and good work anons. This is a good exercise for us all and prepares us for the newly aware public we may encounter.
  12. antipart Member

I bet sunlight had more effect than any of them. It would take more work than I am prepared to put forth at the moment to prove it. But it does fit in with my way of looking at and approaching problems.

There are two aspects to disinfectant. The more effective part are the multiple legal battles that have and are ensuing. I feel great respect for the driving force that has been behind much of that. the other part, the part that has been out in the public bragging that they has been silencing them by shutting and shouting them down are the destructive part.

The inoculation part is why I am such a proponent of free speech. Free for everybody! Scumbags included.

You put in place a mechanism to silence people and it will eventually be used to silence the wrong ones.
  13. antipart Member

When seriously tackling a problem like you are a sense of humor is a big help. It helps with the mission as well as the sanity.

I like your attitude about preparing for a newly aware public.

I also am pleasantly surprised. I really expected that I would be shut and shouted down before I was able to make my point. This disproves my concern that people were being manipulated. If it were happening on a grand scale I would not have been allowed to go on.
  14. antipart Member

The internet has brought more light to the world than anything else I can think of. So much light that at times I need sunglasses. I also need a pair of waders.

There is so much bs that I feel like I am swimming in it at times. But I will swim through a lot of bs to get to a little light.

At the age of fifty I should have realized by now that there is no Santa Clause. But I can not stop believing in and struggling for that light.
  15. Mythic Member

I believe that the Anon poster who you're quoting is displaying quite blatant and innocent sarcasm. I don't think one could reasonably call it a display of "anger".

*Sigh* - WWP has nothing to do with the members of Anonymous who are DDoSing. We are dedicated to fighting and revealing the abuses and crimes of the Church of Scientology through peaceful and legal protest. We have a 0 Tollerance policy on promotion of illegal activity and doing so will result in infractions.

We have various sub-forums in which we discuss other topics, such as the Wikileaks one or the Freedom of Speech one. These also provide a place for people to discuss legal and peaceful protest and if the idea takes off they normally create a seperate website and turn it into a movement, thus is the nature of Anonymous.

Ummmm... did we? I think I missed that memo. What exactly is this mechanism? I'm not really big on the technical side of the internet and computing but I think I would've heard about that.

I think by repeatedly throwing around accusations that we're motivated or defined by anger, intollerance and hate you are showing that you have little knowledge of Anonymous. The members of Anonymous you will find here very, very rarely fit that description. And as has already been stated and proved by the Mods, you aren't going to get "silenced" here. It's tiresome hearing you speak of it as if we're somehow making some exception for you. We fight oppression and deceit, we don't utilise it.

I would also like to remind you that anger is not bad inherantly. I think there are some things which is it perfectly legitimate to be angry about.
    For example: my personal passion is Human Rights, and I get angry and sad when I see gross and disturbing Human Rights abuses in the world.
    Please watch the "Collateral Murder video" of the Apache gunship gunning down civilians and the crew laughing and joking about in and then tell me that I shouldn't be emotionally effected by watching that.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0[/ame]
  16. Anonymous Member

Such is the nature of free speech. Not everything people have to say is worth listening to but it's not for us to silence them
  17. antipart Member

they are out in the public thumping their peckers bragging about it and associating themselves with this site.

Ok

I will leave now.
  18. Mythic Member

Who are "they", what are they "bragging" about, who to and where? I'm perplexed. I still don;'t know what "mechanism" we've created.

Needn't leave, that world rather defeat the point of what I said, wouldn't it? You've taken half of a sentance out of context and are now leaving because you feel... what...I'm telling you to shut up? No, I was just under the impression that the issue has already been cleared up. If you feel it hasn't then by all mean continue. This discussion has brought out a lot of relevant issues and I genuinely feel it'll die without your input
  19. Miranda Member

Don't leave--this is a good discussion and you're raising legitimate questions.
  20. Anonymous Member

martymartymartymartymartymartymartymartymartymartymartymartymartymartymarty
  21. Anonymous Member

Fear of not belonging.

It works on gang members, Scientology members, heck it works anywhere someone has invested their time/money into a group, even on this site to a lesser extent, except here you are free to ragequit without consequences.
  22. Mythic Member

Whoops.... =/
  23. Anonymous Member

Re: Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

Could crop-circles be the work of a cereal killer?
  24. Anonymous Member

Why is sympathy lower than anger on the TS?

[size=-10]Yes, there really is a Scientology rational for it.[/size]
  25. Anonymous Member

If you discuss such matters out in the open, the direct deposit of funds from big pharma into your bank account will be delayed.
  26. Zak McKracken Member

Re: ASSISTANCE REQUIRED!

BTW, where can I find a pigeon mask in the States?
    They don't seem to sell those out here :(
  27. Anonymous Member

NMA Chit Chat--Off-Topic Posts Moved Here

/r/ you merge all the other chitchat, humor and observations from everywhere else into one big Mega Thread for us to ignore and get back to work.

Bonus, if its this thread right here.
  28. coskilla Member

How do I Internet? How duzz one triforce?'Duz u have to have AOL to do these things?
  29. Ogsonofgroo Member

Only if you delete the evil wintab32.exe files.......

(oh it a joke, please don't fuck with them 32 files eh, got enough shit years ago for jokin' like that)
  30. coskilla Member

Delete system 32 helps me
  31. Anonymous Member

Re: Introduce Yourself HERE

You seemed to have skipped the first step..... How does a pic of a pissing anon mean anyting in your mind? Am curious? (as your speling is suspiciously grade 10 or a member of a certain cult.... we shall see I guess)
    Oh, and welcome fagootitrary Vex! *waves* (but 'we' shall call you 'Mr, Fluffy Bunny Nutz for now)

don't be a douche and you can talk up here XP
  32. anonymous612 Member

yes because everyone with shitty spelling must be OSAOSAOSA.
  33. Anonymous Member

^ OSA
  34. Anonymous Member

Define "pretty much."
  35. Fuckeye Member

36. Orson Member

I'd prefer not to define it, letting you tip toe along the line of the mod infraction hammer instead. Bottom line: don't troll the newbies ITT.

:)
  37. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  38. Anonymous Member

what about people who keep re-introducing themselves.

^^^

Fair game?
  39. Anonymous Member

Help: Important discoveries prevented

I am a writer and autonomic psequisador have not only been plagiarized as threatened in various ways by my work with me constantly undermined in all fields. I discovered something that I believe is very important in physics and astrofĂ­cia but being prevented from being published where different fears upon me, I support him mainly against such institutions.:confused:
  40. Re: Help: Important discoveries prevented

How about you try in your native language first.... Cause the English Translator didn't work to well...