Customize

Thread derail graveyard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

No Anonymous At Why We Protest is anyone's ARMY. GTFO!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. With an attitude like that, good luck getting anyone to join your cause.

There is a golden word, the magic word that changes the world:

SUPPORT

WIthout it you won't accomplish anything. Anonymous has seen the ideas proposed in "the Plan" and has thoroughly trashed it in this thread already:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/what-is-up-with-what-is-the-plan.89786/

No one can pretend to be "rallying" Anons for your own Cause. Anons support whatever they feel like.

This lady here, AnonMom had an altercation with the cult, and wound up in jail. Anons are currently rallying to protect her:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/anonmomanon2-arrested-at-july-6th-clearwater-raid.90744/

You get support for a cause by being helpful, being nice and polite, and having an idea that doesn't piss off Anons.

If you can play nicely and get your act together, feel free to try again later.

If not, the door is that way.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

You can be printing out the King James Bible in Moonbat. Anon.At.WWP.Don't.Care.
    NO.

Anon here have a cause. Lurk Moar!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Loki's spawn Member

Oh, please, not this shit again.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. There really shouldn't be much trolling in this thread. This is for new people to get started and ask questions in, not for Anons to be screwing with the noobs. Sorry I couldn't get to your posts earlier.

That being said, there is a lot of established culture that Anonmous has. What you were exhibiting is something called "Unwarranted Self Importance". Anons hate when someone shows up, posts for the first time trying to get Anons to join a cause, or thinking what they are doing is more important, or generally being cocky. No offense, but Anonymous has been peacefully protesting for 3 years, and they don't like noobs coming in pretending they have all the answers.

My general advice for that is too sit back a bit, just lurk at first, read the threads and get a feel for how business is carried on here. If you do have questions, post them in the new members area where the welcoming committee mods should be able to answer questions and keep the peace.

Anyways, to address some of your other concerns:

It definitely depends on the threads you were reading. The one I sent you about Anon Mom is a better example of Anons gathering together in solidarity to help.

There is trolling around here, and for better or worse it's going to stay, so you'd better get used to it. Let me start by stating the positive effects of trolling:

1. Helps to build a thicker skin: This is the internet. You can't let words slung at you break you down. People are Anonymous specifically to fuck with you. If you can't handle someone making stupid comments about your project, then how will you react when it isn't anonymous, and it's the opposition applying the pressure? Don't snap IRL, and learn NOT TO SNAP OTI.

2. Stay on target, Not Ad Hominem: Remember, arguing with someone because of who they are is wrong. Your arguments must stand on the merits they present, as well as how you present them. Trolling is an exercise in focusing on your arguments, not irrelevant crap.

3. If we don't, someone else will: If we don't poke holes in your argumetn someone definitely will out there. We're keeping you on your toes.

So yeah, there can be a lot of bad things with trolling, but some positive stuff can come from it too. Learn from your mistakes.

People logged into this forum are from around the world, and all walks of life. What you may find inspiring some may find tedious, others find it conflicting. Just be aware that no one will see 100% eye to eye with you. DOn't let it get to you too much, just don't get too disappointed if people don't go along with your idea.

Lot's of people have empathy, there really is no lack of that around here. I appreciate what you want to change, but stop, smell the roses, take a look around here at first. You may be surprised by what's already being worked on.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Damn where are the welcoming committee when you need them? We need to mitigate some trolling in the NMA please!

Clean up Aisle 1
  7. Anonymous Member

It really is like a backed-up toilet that won't flush properly. Don't forget! There are 16,999 others, just like this one.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

Apologies, DSA, I caught a dose of moonbat fever. It's gone now.
  9. Loki's spawn Member

Maybe we should put this on the front page, so they get the message:
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Savi0r Member

moonbats?
    are those like the loser relyts with the nwo and illuminati crap
    that still live in moms basement?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

NWO - The Plan - Zeitgeist Movies - The Venus Project - Haarp - 911 Truthers - and 9000 more flavours of moonbat.
  12. Savi0r Member

lol you're hilarious auntie social.
  13. Well I don't set the rules around here. I'm just telling you how it is. And while you may think it's a popularity contest it isn't really. It's who's making the most sense with Dox to support their case (there is that word again... support) Anons don't seem to like that video because it's "moonbatty" i.e. they have a lot of claims that are unsubstantiated. I think you just made a mistake once.

Everyone has mistakes, and everyone was a newfag at some point. Like I said Earlier, just roll with it, you'll get better. I hope to see you around some more.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Loki's spawn Member

I think you should be a mod.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. its got nothing to do with no popularity conests, its as plain as we do chanology(what we call our fight against Scientology) and FoI on here.
    i guarantee you if i went to your website and started posting about planing raids and thetans and OTVll and cchr and narconon or crap those guys haven't any idea about or the slightest interest in i would get treated like shit and be given the boot just as unceremoniously as it was given to you here.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. i second that motion!
    • Like Like x 2
  17. MilesEdgeworthBow.gif

All in a night's posting.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

I think we're being trolled. Maybe I'm wrong.

What brought you to WWP, the free souvenirs and refreshing beverages?
  19. L'islet Member

i prefer yahoo
  20. L'islet Member

bevereges? what bevereges do you have on offer and i was lured here by a man named waffle
  21. Anonymous Member

lsdnw.jpg
  22. L'islet Member

Thats not very nice :'(
  23. Anonymous Member

If Yahoo is what you prefer, all you need to do now is use it.
  24. L'islet Member

Theres a block on...my mum dosent trust me...or ask jeeves....jeeves faps to CP
  25. Anonymous Member

Oh, I see now! You must be a lurk moar!
  26. L'islet Member

were drifting away from the point here...why do we protest?
  27. L'islet Member

Hotlink is my friend?...i dont have many of those...i lack the social skills
  28. L'islet Member

Thank you
  29. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotlink
    Inline linking (also known as hotlinking, leeching, piggy-backing, direct linking, offsite image grabs) is the use of a linked object, often an image, from one site by a web page belonging to a second site. The second site is said to have an inline link to the site where the object is located.
    Or in this case:

Home

This is your friend because clicking on it will take you to the answers to the questions you have.
  30. Thaleet Member

Hello all,

How is the anonymous going?
  31. Anonymous Member

Going very strong, from my points of view.

How is is the anonymous going from your points of view?
  32. Anonymous Member

Welcome to WWP.
  33. cloneofaclone Member

Ok, so we all agree marijuana is not a danger to the plan then. /lol/
    I really did have a friend join scientology for "shits and gigs", he was a douche. No really
    he took a mor.loan on his ex wifes house and spent like $3000+ on books and crap, gave like $25000 to this stripper chick who used him and then went crazy. I was glad he disappeared tho, no shit,
    ended up running into him a few weeks ago and he was more of a weirdo than before, true story.
    I recently moved from LA, to Pittsburgh. What are a few good tips to starting a resistance cell here?
  34. Swiper Member

HI EVERYONE. IF I CAN SCARE ALL NEW MODS IN THIS THREAD MY GIRLFRIEND WILL PROPOSE TO ME. THUMB ME UP GUYS!
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Trotter Moderator

SWIPER NO SHITPOSTING
    • Like Like x 4
  36. Swiper Member

[IMG]
  37. Swiper Member

HAHAHA IM USING THE INTERNET
  38. Scott Leger Member

I am a counselor and also a student at a Virginia College, Georgia, where I study Science , so this is to share my thoughts when it comes to life, love and books etc. I loves love, romance, science fiction, classic books. I Like to Buy Books and Reading Books, because it is a easy way to Gain more Knowledge or Information.

Now i am working with Printsasia.com (Online Bookstore)
  39. Dragononymous Member

The internet knows everything...
  40. maldadjr Member

exactly but now the question is which is their way of thinking and feeling?
    for example, my thinking is just thinking about something that is just right and indicated the way I feel now is to feel everything of which I'm proud of such a part of you I would feel proud:)