Customize

This will end well.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

I would actually bet it's already ongoing.
  2. Anonymous Member

Maybe you shouldn't have co-opted the imagery of a group that has engaged in a multitude of illegal activities in the past?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Nancy Beazley Member

LOL
  4. Anonymous Member

I think not. Judging from the emails I read he did not connect WWP with Anonymous.
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  6. Anonymous Member

What a loser.

"a sexier name - 'Team Thesis'" I lol'd hard.
  7. DeathHamster Member

He seems to have impaled himself with his own spear.
  8. xenubarb Member

The problem is, the people who had the anon "brand" before chanology have been engaged in exactly the kind of activity you're bawwing about since forever. They're not gonna stop it b'cause a bunch of moralfags are worried about their reputation.

Reputation?
    Anonymous is not nice.
    Anonymous is not your friend.
    Remember those?

So deal with it. Anonymous started this Scientology thing as a troll and it grew wheels and rolled away quacking. Anonymous, for the most part, has moved on to other stuff, so if we don't want "our reputation" sullied we'd best give up the anon emblem and GF mask.

Personally, I have no problem with anonymous and its shenanigans outside chanology. They give great lulz.
    • Like Like x 13
  9. GuyFox Member

I don't care about reputation, but about effectiveness and safety of our troops on the ground :p

Fortunately, Joe Public has a highly favorable perception of Anons, regardless what other branches of Anonymous are doing.
    Of course I do. And the part about laughing when hundreds die in a plane crash, raping the same girl twice, and other such stuff supposedly depicting "humanity when the gloves come off". It's a fun running gag, all nice and dandy (even though when the old meme grew out into the real world, it turned out humanity@ large doesn't necessarily share a channer's mentality).

But what point and purpose is there in Anonyleaks? Barr has been humiliated and professionally destroyed. HBGary learned a costly lesson. Pushing this on and on will likely provide little benefit and possibly quite a bit of harm instead, undermining Anon's efforts elewhere. Pretty pointless, IMHO, but then what do I care :p
  10. grebe Member

Aaron Barr was proposing criminal spying n stuff. No sympathy from me.

I haven't seen the emails because I fail at internet. Maybe someone who has them can PM me with some info. I want to know if there's any link between Barr's elite team of hackers and the "g00ns," as described here.
  11. Ann O'Nymous Member

The leaks seem of interest for many people, including serious journalists, and are consistent with our goals, IMHO.
  12. Anonymous Member

Sweetie, the g00ns were some of the most committed anons (and some still are).
  13. Anonymous Member

Now I feel old.
  14. Herro Member

Stop sticking out your tongue. It's rude.
  15. Anonymous Member

Funny, coming from you.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. grebe Member

Ah ok. Then this lead is probably irrelevant to what I'm looking for.
  17. Anonymous Member

Reading the IRC log was most instructive -- watching how the anons in that conversation with the HBGary execs interacted with each other, watching them play typical roles -- good cop, bad cop, crazy cop, traffic cop, alpha cop, etc.

Any "shore story" that those particular anons are anonymous, unknown to each other, disorganized and purely spontaneous is ridiculous.

The leaderless nature of Anonymous is comforting and sweet and attractive, but simply untrue. Doesn't mean "spontaneous" and "tipping points" and "the free market of ideas" don't happen. But, in the meantime, someone's pushing some levers very hard.

Although most of us find typing quite easy, others are actually doing something about it. (Don't freak over that tagline -- it's actually a pretty good one.)
  18. Anonymous Member

Xkupq.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  19. nice attempt at trying to tie unrelated stuff together grebe. lolz Try a little harder next time. ;) Don't make your OSA-like behavior too obvious next time! :p

....also Anonymous is right, i'm in the middle of renegotiating my 10 year contract. May have to give up another room (where I store my Star Wars gear) but it will definitely help in the long run!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

So you think the cats can be herded? It never ceases to amaze me how people cannot understand the concept of no leadership. Some anons choose to participate in an activity, some more than others. The ones who are more active can then share info with the less active and less informed. Everyone is also free to come and go as they please and to participate in as much or as little as they please and in any way they please. If there are leaders they certainly are not effective ones, else the cats would all be herded nice and neat and in mostly one direction. They aren't.
  21. Anonymous Member

No leaderfags, huh?

At http://pastebin.com/x69Akp5L

898. [04:27] <&Sabu> q/tflo/topiary can someone paste her the email where AARON declares his beef with anonymous is good for business ?

1039. [04:39] <&Sabu> Penny: for the record your emails were not leaked. hbgary.com emails ere not leaked. only ted/aaron/phil. so you're in the good as far as I see. but your investment in aaron is killing you

1101. [04:43] <&Sabu> OK PENNY Let's say we stop seeding the emails. what will you do to correct the situation?

1169. [04:47] <&Sabu> penny. what are you going to do to motivate us not to release the emails? more importantly -- are you going to drop your investment in aaron ?

1180. [04:48] <&Sabu> DROP YOUR INVESTMENT IN AARON. DROP YOUR TIES TO HBGARY FEDERAL

11997. [04:49] <&Sabu> someone link her

1209. [04:50] <&Sabu> PENNY ALL WE ASK OF YOU IS 1) remove yourself from aaron 2) donate to bradley manning's defense fund.
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

Anonops is definitely a huge target for the FBI right now, as well as anonnet. Every little irc chat or even private message that you've made is now in the hands of FBI agents. I don't know about anonnet, but there's definitely some incriminating shit that goes on in anonops.
  24. Anonymous Member

Does not prove your point. I am sorry that you fail in non linear thinking. Jump outside the box. Come on. You can do it.
  25. Anonymous Member

Dox please.
  26. GuyFox Member

[IMG]
  27. Anonymous Member

I think outside the tesseract.
  28. PresidentShaw Member

Confidence, when combined with dumbassery, can be a bad thing.
  29. No evidence of leaderfagging here. I see a SHAKEDOWN which could be considered criminal, but nothing else. Also the primary Anonymous Leader not present in those chats. Looks like a bunch of anons running some OP that has generated a lot of heat for them, but nothing else. OpPayback is it's own monster, seperate from other operations - they obviously garner a lot of attention but shutting down Payback in any form will never hurt the whole of Anonymous or other operations.

On another note, I've run out of Cheetos.
  30. GuyFox Member

Y so SRS? Grow some humor.

Shit, didn't even think of it that way. you're right...

No sign of Tommy D, indeed. I miss him.

Hopefully so... As long as them feds have learned by now that Anonymous is a very loose, and very broad thing. Not a group, nor an organization, more of a social phenomenon with a shitload of separate projects being undertaken by whoever supports the idea.
  31. For me a came to anon cause i canĀ“t do much alone so i searched for people with the same goals and "tadaaaaa" Anon was there..
    Its not like a great guru or leader tells me what to do and to join forces with you, i have done it cause i want so and if i dont want anymore i go.

For me it is like a social networke with balls of steel ^^
  32. Anonymous Member

If the Feds haven't figured that out already, they'll figure it out pretty quick when they start trying to build evidence against a mistakenly-arrested "alleged terrorist" and find none. Unless guilt-by-association becomes sufficient evidence, in which case we'll all have a lot bigger problems to worry about.
  33. Anonymous Member

34. Anonymous Member

This thread is full of aids and fail.
  35. Anonymous Member

Citizen, you are within six degrees of separation from a terrorist. Please report to the Body Recycling Center. Have a Nice Day, and remember that the Computer is your friend.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

Organizational leadership doesn't require an organization chart. It also doesn't require that the group select a dictator or a chief executive officer. It also doesn't mean there's a single leader. Leadership requires those with initiative to exert their influence to help achieve the group's general goals.

Some leaders are mouthy. Others are laid back, barely visible in 'public' settings, including chat. Effective leadership also happens before and after such gatherings. Some are transparent, as is their wont. Others play many games to remain invisible, as is their wont.

There's also not an organization in the world that doesn't develop its own communication network, and when those nodes of communication are mapped, that's what you see -- its communication network. If there's great transparency, the map is accurate in reflecting how the group interacts and operates. However, if someone is pulling someone's strings or if there's terrific discipline about acting through intermediaries or if the group's leaders are expert at sock-ship, the map will be inaccurate.

But even an inaccurate map doesn't mean there's not a kitchen cabinet running some operations. It's [insert black box here] human nature for those with leaderfag qualities to want to get something done.

Having said that, there's a very stupid quality that historians, law enforcement and fans all share -- the tendency to view major events as attributable primarily to the efforts of ONE BIG LEADERFAG. Everybody loves a hero.

Everybody also loves martyrs, and occasionally someone aspires to be one. Trouble is, those guys often wind up turning state's evidence.

tl;dr = Anonymous has leaders (but not A leader) who should watch their backs.

Really tl;dr = Most people already know this.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. grebe Member

^THERES NO EFFIN LEADERS!

Some people are good and explaining stuff, like tikk. That's not the same thing as being a boss.
  38. Anonymous Member

This sums it up pretty well for me. PROTIP: anonymous is not King Arthur
  39. none given Member

Traditionally, "goon" is the name given to users at ebaum's world.
  40. Anonymous Member

How is it you're confusing "leadership" with "boss"? Issues, much?