Customize

This Puts Legitimate Soldiers In Danger

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by BoxerBlake, Jan 13, 2011.

1. BoxerBlake Member

Let that bastard hang. I'm not even in the US and these are documents given out by another that should also hang by treason. You support this?? It's a shame that so many people are such a bunch of whiny pussies these days. Without the military of the US, Canada, and England, Hitler would have taken over the world many years ago. You all make me ashamed to call myself human. Fuck you losers. Go die. You are the type of bed wetters that would hide under your beds if your own family was in danger of being killed. Move to San Fran with the other faggot pansies.

Mod edit:
    The subject of the thread is a worthwhile discussion point. It's such a shame that the OP is so empty of value.
  2. hushpuppy Member

If wikileaks had existed in the 30's, WW2 could have been averted and 60 million lives could have been saved.
  3. Robert S Member

But look at all the good it does for the illegitimate ones!
  4. Zak McKracken Member

o rly

Edith_Keeler_and_Jim_Kirk.jpg

opening the lid on communiques between Germany and Italy, might have been a little embarrassing; but there wasn't too much high-level faggotry that would provoke mass butthurt. Diplomatic cables between the Vatican and their emissaries in Berlin might have been interesting. The stuff leading up to the German-Soviet nonaggression pact... Well. It could have prompted serious recriminations and reconsiderations, several years earlier. August 1939? LOL

In marked contrast, the secret deals between US, UK, and France, regarding commitments and assistance, if exposed could have blown up in their faces. In the mid-1930s, war wasn't a popular notion in the US, and not much more in Britain. If all the cables between London, Paris, Washington had been outed, there's a good chance that one or two of these would have sat out the war.

Fewer dead? Doubtful. Fewer Americans, fewer Britons for sure. Moar dead Russians, Chinese, and other non-aryans caught up in the mess.

The one place it wouldn't have hurt (IMO) would be exposing Chinese-American negotiations. Mao and his guys would have been butthurt at being left out, but might have made a stronger play for attention from the US. If the Communists weren't isolated, a unified resistance to the Japanese occupation might have..... ended in a different realignment of the region than what we have today.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

This site is now protesting bed wetters, too? Why can't we all just STAY ON TARGET.
  6. Anonymous Member

I've seen worse posts on here.

OP, why do you assume there are no current or ex-military people here, or relatives?
  7. xenubarb Member

If Wiki
    Hell, if Wikileaks happend eight years ago, thousands of American lives would have been saved because we would have known:

THERE WERE NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

Oh, and OP?

Ex-military, ex-Army intelligence here. do not presume to speak for me.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. xenubarb Member

Yeah, how's that War on Snow going for ya, Anonymous?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. thefatman Member

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be funny?

0/10
  10. Anonymous Member

Somehow I doubt you are interested in discussion, just in insulting a bunch of strangers without examining the facts of the matter. You are so prejudiced on this subject that I wonder if you are even capable of having a discussion.

There are so many things wrong in your post that it's not worthy of a serious reply.

I'll just point out your biggest mistake: you have jumped to the conclusion that Assange is guilty of treason and deserves to be executed without looking at a single fact in the case.
  11. Zak McKracken Member

It wasn't so much the military that "saved us", it was our manufacturing industry.
    China, Russia had bigger armies but their corpse industry dwarfed all other lines of production.
  12. haklaf Member

• Like Like x 4
  13. hushpuppy Member

Zak, I wasn't asserting that exposing all diplomatic communiques in the build-up years would have prevented the war.

My intended point was that brave, moral soldiers with access to Hitler's 'Final Solution' concept would have had an outlet to expose his true intentions.
  14. Zak McKracken Member

Without dox, they would have been laughed at.
    And (afaik) there weren't really a lot of dox generated beforehand, and very little that would present a "smoking gun".

A "loyal officer" who escaped and went to the foreign press; what would they have to show for it?
    How could they prove it wasn't a forgery?
    As far as revealing Hitlar's true intentions - guess who leaked this one.

The "concept" of a final solution wasn't in itself actionable.
    What's embarassing in the current torrent of leaks are:
    - who talked to whom
    - what they talked about, and
    - "bad things our guys did that we feel ashamed for"

in 1930s Germany,
    - who cared who talked to whom
    - (ok, what they talked about really was bad) but
    - "bad things our guys might do, but haven't done yet"
    By the time plans started moving forward outside the "inner circle" it was pretty late in the game
    and the only remaining options were Tom Cruise missiles under the desk.
  15. hushpuppy Member

Zak, your knowledge of WW2 (and much else) is impressive!

I don't think it's fair to go back in time and apply 2011 dox or stfu standard to the 1930s though.

Just sayin', all else equal, more information trumphs cencorship.
  16. adhocrat Member

actually, by 1942, the Allies were aware of the extermination of jews and others. It was not reported in the press until later.
  17. Ann O'Nymous Member

OP is an efficient troll and uchronia is so interesting.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Shadow8857 Member

While I do not agree with certain things that where leaked i can see a few points in both sides, looking at the past and playing the blame game is all well and good, but it dose nothing for the present or the future, while i do NOT agree with releasing active military maneuvers and if it can be proved in a court of law he did endanger our soldiers then i say put him in fount of the firing squad and let me pull the trigger, But as for the diplomatic correspondences, overall and General planing i believe it should be open to the public, as well as knowing what and who we are sending funds and support to, the only area i say should be kept secret is again ACTIVE military actions, but i do believe we should have access to the true aftermath information, as well as communication between soldiers in the field and the command structure, again AFTER the action, i don't mean a year after but i mean a week after, at the latest
  19. Anonymous Member

You realise soldiers are in a war zone. That's a pretty dangerous place. Ya know, just sayin'
  20. the anti Member

21. Shadow8857 Member

And We accepted that risk, but there is a difference in dangerous and suicidal, going into a area where enemy combatants KNOW your going and KNOW what your doing there is something else,
  22. thefatman Member

I'd argue the difference there is that it's not exactly an organised enemy force. The odds of them getting a hold of the cables is less likely than say, if we were at war with China or Russia.
  23. obvious troll is obvious
  24. Anonymous Member

I think calling yourself human is a stretch. We are open for debate here, so if you would like to talk to us instead of ranting I'll give it a go. Calling us names only makes us laugh.
  25. Anonymous Member

OP: want to link to the cable release that put a single soldier in danger?

Oh, that's right, you can't. Because there isn't one. Fagballs.
  26. Rheinländer Member

I was a soldier, long time ago. And I support WikiLeaks. The biggest danger for a soldier is wrong information. OP is a pussy.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Seneca Member

Why do conservatives often say liberals or even worse pacifists lack courage? Doesn't it take FAR more bravery to
    not attack a possible threat that to obliterate it? Seems to me the pro military types are the cowards.
    This seems self evident.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Herro Member

The actions of Manning and Wikileaks may very well endanger the lives of soldiers and we can't just ignore that. But you know what else endangers the lives of soldiers? Sending them to fight bogus pointless wars backed by a public that was sold a bogus bill of goods. Balance bro. Balance.
    • Like Like x 5
  29. Anonymous Member

No one has ever been able to prove that any of the leaks endanger the lives of our troops, as the lamestream media would have us believe. However, the same argument was used when Scooter Libby leaked documents on the Democratic Party. But he got a humongous, Republican slap on the wrist. Now the Republicans want Assange dead because many of the people he has exposed have been Republicans. And they claim to be "bi-partisan"...
  30. Anonymous Member

A counter-argument direct from the horse's mouth to OP's uninformed opinion

OP care to respond?
  31. Chrisz84 Member

life is all about balance. good vs bad, left vs right, god vs devil etc etc. that said, both sides usually are both wrong (the extreme ends anyway). this is how i feel about wikileaks. they provide a much needed service to the world, while not being overly bright about how they go about it. what good came from releasing the files (from us gov't)? as far as i can tell, none. the only thing that was accomplished was airing the us's opinions of other countries. which is fine if you do the same for everyone all at once, but that ain't happening. i hope in the future mr assange (right name?) will be more wise on his choices for publication. he should look and see what if any affect an action will or will not have. based on that, as well as weighing how important his info is. just my opinion, he seems to have more than just a wish to expose lies. namely a grudge against t he us for some reason. leak info without the attitude, and with more common sense ;)
  32. Anonymous Member

You should watch the video in the post above. Wikileaks exposed war crimes, corruption, and other coverups. When people in government or military are given the right to have secrets for legitimate reasons, they may also abuse that right so as to keep crimes abuses and corruption secret too to avoid punishment. Case in point, the whole Watergate and Nixon scandal.
  33. Shinythings Member

best answer so far
  34. xenubarb Member

Considering that most of them never served and are sitting on their fat butts playing Swiss Admiral, agreed.

How come those faggots never enlisted, huh? And now they're all Sooper Patriots, amirite?
  35. Robert S Member

“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Hermann Goering
  36. xenubarb Member

Ah, another Phatard of ill repute!

The Nazi party was not shy about leaving a written legacy. Goebbels had a few things to say as well. THEY WROTE THE FUCKING MANUAL!

And the US politicians have joined with certain media entities to apply these lessons. Funny thing is, once people know how manipulation works, it doesn't work any more.

But the sheep never look beyond American Idol.
  37. reconzfury Member

I have a bit of a different view towards the whole thing. I am an infowarrior as they would call it there at infowars.com. I do believe wikileaks should have the freedom to stay afloat as any other website but it is the core of it the leader. I do not believe his info is legitamant. I do believe he is being giving the information purposely by high levels in the government to distract american people from the REAL secrets. He is only releasing information that they want him to release because he in exchange does work for them. But hey thats just my view on it. Everything else you guys stand for im totally for but the wiki-leaks subjects in my opinion goes much deeper then what it appears on the surface just like everything else that involves tyrannical shadow governments like our own. Peace.
  38. Anonymous Member

Thanks for posting this here. The NSA and CIA will be contacting you shortly.
  39. Shinythings Member

wanna date?
  40. xenubarb Member

I don't really like dates. I prefer olives.