Customize

This Picture Should Wake You Up!

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by iraniam, Mar 29, 2011.

1. iraniam Member

2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ersatz Global Moderator

Don't be an ass.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. an0nim0uz Member

Everyone who is brave enough to go out there and fight for his freedom, aware of the possible consequences it might have, is a hero in my book.
    • Like Like x 11
  5. COREarg Member

...Why I just can't stop looking at his arm?

Maybe showing your chest while protesting means that you're not afraid of bullets.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

That is tragic... I can only hope someday his death and the many others will have meaning along with freedom...
    • Like Like x 3
  7. guille Member

wow... stunning
    and meanwhile our leaders are drinking coffee while watching ops in lybia. why the hell they only act in lybia? (I know why, but I mean how can they have such a bad conscience?)

I feel ashamed of being european
  8. anonanchovie Member

These pics make me angry. Euro, US, Middle Eastern powers stand by and allow these bastards to shoot protestors while happily buying oil and minerals from corrupt regimes that stole the peoples birth right. I want to see this corrupt, capialist power elite collapse.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Xenu Is Lord Member

Now watch as the US and it's sidekicks do nothing about it. That of course will change if it looks like the people will overthrow the Gov't then all of a sudden the US will become concerned about human rights there and need to carpet bomb the people to save them. Gross gross gross!
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. exOT8Michael Member

I respect the guy's sacrifice for freedom. He an hero'd and is a hero.
    Vive La Liberte!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. guille Member

he's a hero, but he's dead.
    They are doing heroic acts, but without international support and with the army loyal to the regime, they're condemned to failing...
    that's sad, such a worthless sacrifice. well, worthless no, because we're seeing those pics, but does it have a real value?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. exOT8Michael Member

Yes as it shows that the unstoppable intention to achieve freedom is present and alive in the many. That is such a good sign. Contrast that with abject surrender to slavery or tyranny. Things are changing very rapidly, and it is all good, despite appearances.
  14. none given Member

As painful as it is to see this I think the west is acting in enlightened self-interest here. There is no question that more will die before this is over, just how many.
    This has to be played in a calculated, cold blooded fashion.
    Events in Libya, tactical and political, will have a major impact on the whole gameboard.
    We can see peaceful democratic revolts spread across the rest of the region if we play it right.
    I think a lot of the players are just waiting to see what happens in Libya.
  15. Anonymous Member

anonylike
  16. guille Member

yeah, politics and tactics are good, but you know? people are dying.

and not only in bahrain, they are few dying there, but in whole africa. the fact is that no one cares, in Ruanda 800.000 civilians were murdered on 1998 or so, and have you heard of it?

that stinks... it seems nowadays political interests are more valuable than people's lives...
  17. gwad the west sucks! >:O
  18. Anonymous Member

Kings. The people love them. No, really. Coz they'll kill you if you don't.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. veravendetter Member

Means nothing and achieves nothing, but this guy will be my invisible black armband today.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. JohnnyRUClear Member

Yes. I heard of it years ago. It's one of the many good reasons for abolishing the UN.

But anyway....
  21. guille Member

abolishing the UN.. it may sound weird, but I agree
  22. Xenu Is Lord Member

It has become a US controlled tool that we don't pay our dues to and where we have a history of kicking out heads that don't go along with us. The UN court convicts our enemies and lets US war criminals walk free while making excuses. Yeah they need to go.
  23. SOJOA Member

If its not lining the pockets of the US or the countries under favortism, its not worth doing.......and yet Julian Assange is the terrorist.
  24. Anonymous Member

Because if they DID try to act, asshat hippies would stage anti-war protests against them as they always do. That's one of the main reasons why western governments are so hesitant to intervene anywhere anymore.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

It may be heroic to die for your country, but it's even harder to live for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Anonymous Member

Hippies didn't stop interventions in Afghanistan or Iraq, in fact in the case of the latter the US executive manipulated its own intelligence service in order to create an excuse (WMDs anyone?) for doing so. Western governments intervene where they see their interests threatened and believe they can 'win' with minimal (western) casualties.

aa-Bush-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

That this appears to be a sincere question makes me want to weep.

Rwanda: How the genocide happened

Between April and June 1994, an estimated 800,000 Rwandans were killed in the space of 100 days.

Skulls-from-the-Rwanda-Genocide-in-1994.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  28. guille Member

that's also true... fucking asshat hippies, by trying to avoid wars they are causing even more casualties... :(
  29. veravendetter Member

Who didn't know about Rwanda? It was tragic, yes, and the Western morality on it was lame, but it was by no means unreported to the world.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. guille Member

Actually I thinks veravendetter that loads of people didn't know that. maybe in this forum yes, because we quite know what is going on the world (in fact we don't..), but I asked for it in my class and to my HISTORY TEACHER and they didn't even have heard of it... my maths and science teacher didn't knew it too.

that's culture...
  31. greez Member

I feel worse for being a Member of the United States. (Since saying I'm 'American is actually incorrect, considering someone in Brazil, Mexico, Canada, Panama could all say the same fucking thing)
    And in saying that I only say I'm Utahn since that is where I live.
  32. greez Member

Hippie Power. Sex and flowers
  33. greez Member

Not with guns either boys and girls.
    Axes machettes spears rape

Men would force mothers to boil their babies and hold a smile otherwise they would cut of fingers and limbs.
    It's 2011 and no one still gives a fuck about Africa. We are a sad, sad species.
  34. greez Member

Yin and yang.

I'm sorry but it's true. There is always a balance of good and bad
  35. Xenu Is Lord Member

There is absolute no where in the world the US wont invade where monetary are at stake and there is no place on earth they will stay out of when their is no money to be made. Rwanda was avoided because it has nothing to offer the US and its imperial allies.