Customize

Think Tank This: LGBT Fact Sheet

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by Succubus, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Succubus Member

Think Tank This: LGBT Fact Sheet

*endCOSsoon* says I should post this thread here.

((If I should put it in the fact sheet forum, PLEASE move it, Red
    Mods of Cakey Goodness
    ))

As you may/not know, I've been hunting around trying to collect and sort through fats and quotes having to do with the Operation: Pink Noise | Letter to LGBT organisations .

Here is my work in progress. PLEASE Post additions with URLs to published material, comments to drop quote, or ideas for topics not covered.

I will stress that it was our intent to keep this as simple as we could with short blurbs and URLs to actually information that can be easily cited elsewhere.

I will admit, that within my own gathering of materials, I have found much MORE than i thought was out there and continue to find more information. I wanted to focus on quotations and stories of ex-sci that were relatively recent. The reason being that anyone can easily argue against something said to have been done by/within the CO$ many years ago.

THIS IS ONLY A DRAFT of information. I will post a neater, more organized, and better footnoted piece later after suggestions have been voiced.

WE are a SENTIENT HIVE MIND. I have faith in your ideas.

OUTLINE of TOPICS: Please let me know if something should be restricted or replaced.

1.Note about Church of Scientology and its subsidiaries
    2.CoS is Not a Legitimate Religious Body
    3.L Ron Hubbard Personal Quotes
    4.Rebuttal to Changes Made in Second Dynamic
    5.Examples of Ex-Scientologists Speak about Homosexuality
    6.Anonymous Contact Info/ FAQ about Us

Information I Like So Far:

• Nearly 100 businesses and organizations claim affiliation to the Church of Scientology International that always make frequent donations, many functioning as recruiting agencies, and many selling “employee/employer training” for business “success.”
      List of Scientology Companies
    • Scientology maintains THOUSANDS of websites in which they spread propaganda about medical science, curative programming/training/auditing, education, and spin public relations statements.
      List of Scientology Domains

"Scientology is evil; its techniques are evil; its practice is a serious threat to the community, medically, morally, and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill... (Scientology is) the world's largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy. “

• July 8, 2005 - Office of the Examining Magistrates of Porrentruy Switzerland:

"The fac-similes saying that scientologists are swindlers do not constitute insults since the church of scientology has already been convicted in our country for swindle (JT 1994 IV 140)"
    • US District Court, Southern District of New York, 92 Civ. 3024 (PKL)

"Scientology's purpose is making money by means legitimate and illegitimate"

• Hubbard, Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health, pp. 122-123. Church of Scientology of California, 1978 edition. ISBN 0-88404-000-3

"The sexual pervert (and by this term Dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in Dynamic II [i.e. sexuality] such as homosexuality, lesbianism, sexual sadism, etc., and all down the catalog of Ellis and Krafft-Ebing) is actually quite ill physically... he is very far from culpable for his condition, but he is also far from normal and extremely dangerous to society..."

• Ruth Minshull, How To Choose Your People, chapter 9. Scientology Ann Arbor, 1972. Which was published through the Church of Scientology, copyrighted to Hubbard and given "issue authority" by the Scientology hierarchy.

"Homosexuals don't practice love; 1.1s(reference to tone scale) can't. Their relationships consist of: 1) brief, sordid and impersonal meetings or 2) longer arrangements punctuated by dramatic tirades, discords, jealousies and frequent infidelity. It could hardly be otherwise since the tone is made up of suspicion and hate, producing a darling sweetness interspersed with petty peevishness. Their "love" turns to deep contempt eventually."
    • Hubbard's views on homosexuality may account for his treatment of Quentin Hubbard, his son. Quentin died of an apparent suicide in 1976, and was largely reported to have been a homosexual. [1]

• "He thought Quentin was an embarrassment," said Laurel Sullivan, Hubbard's former public relations officer, who had a falling out with the organization in 1981. "And he told me that several times." Some have made claims that the family help to “dispose” of Quentin. [1] [2] [3]

• Dianetic Processing: A Brief Survey of Research Projects and Preliminary Results, a booklet providing the results of psychometric tests conducted on 88 people undergoing Dianetics therapy “testing.” It claims that Dianetics had cured "aberrations" including manic depression, asthma, arthritis, colitis and "overt homosexuality," and that after Dianetic processing, test subjects experienced significantly increased scores on a standardized IQ test.[1]

• Scientology as an institution takes no formal position on issues like gay marriage, but homosexuality, sexual promiscuity or any other form of "perversion" ranks low on Scientology's "tone scale," a register of human behavior Hubbard described in his 1951 book Science of Survival: Prediction of Human Behavior.
    This book, according to Mike Rinder, is perhaps the most important Scientology text after Dianetics. "Such people should be taken from the society as rapidly as possible . . .for here is the level of the contagion of immortality and the destruction of ethics," he wrote of homosexuals. "No social order will survive which does not remove these people from its midst." Rolling Stone Magazine
    • ·Michael Pattinson, a gay former Scientologist, sued the church in 1998, claiming that it lied to him about its ability to “cure” him of his homosexuality.
    “Scientology considers being gay as an ‘aberration’ that needs to be erased,” he wrote in an essay that has been widely circulated online. “However, they don’t erase it and are in actual practice anti-gay (as I and others got sent to ‘ethics’ correction for such behavior).”
    Wikipedia: “The lawsuit also argued that the Church of Scientology had often told Pattinson that actor John Travolta was proof that Scientology can transform a homosexual into a happy heterosexual. Travolta’s lawyer asserted that his client was not gay, and is happily married to a woman.” [1]
    • In 1981, the COS kidnapped a lesbian girl and subjected her to debilitating treatment for no better reasons that her parents disapproved of her relationship and claimed she was therefore under "mind-control".

• To the Scientologists, the [car] accident was an indication that someone was “suppressing”[recent ex-Scientologist] Beghe. So they pulled him in for more interrogation.
    “What about this gay person you’re friends with,” Beghe says one official asked him, implying that somehow the gay friend was causing Beghe’s clear state to be sabotaged. When Beghe objected, he says the official responded, “Well, he’s gay.” [1]
    Video of Partial Interview

“Scientologists recognize marriage as a part of the second of eight dynamics of existence. The second dynamic includes all creative activity, including sex, procreation and child rearing. The Scientology marriage ceremony is traditional and addresses a union between a man and a woman (labeled as “girl” in ceremony documents).”
    “It has never been any part of my plans to regulate or to attempt to regulate the private lives of individuals. Whenever this has occurred, it has not resulted in any improved condition... Therefore all former rules, regulations and polices relating to the sexual activities of Scientologists are cancelled.”
    BUT, All it did is cancel second dynamic punishments for STAFF only.[1][2] [3]
    What they don't mention is at the bottom of the policy letter it clearly states:
    Hubbard simply cancelled punishment for such "aberration" and still advocates "processing" to handle it (which, of course, you have to pay for). It's just like the fair game "cancellation" which, of course, doesn't actually cancel fair game if you read it thoroughly. [1]
    EDIT: All links show be working now.
  2. endCOSsoon Member

Re: Think Tank This: LGBT Fact Sheet

Agreeing the basic structure is a good idea, continuing our PM discussion I think:

1. Examples of Ex-Scientologists Speak about Homosexuality
    Things that were not referenced in the original email. i.e. Beghe car crash, Tory YouTube video.

2. Rebuttal to Changes Made in Second Dynamic
    Quote the key paragraphs of the original and discuss briefly. Consider adding a scan of the orginal at the end of the package.

3. L Ron Hubbard Personal Quotes
    Dianetics/Science of Survival tone scale quotes with brief discussion.

4. Other tidbits
    i.e. the hetero marriage only

5. Very brief outline of the CO$ and Anon

As you rightly point out these things should be distilled down to the 'money quote' and links to the relevant resource. Brief discussion will be required in the Tone Scale/Cancelltion sections since these get a little technical.
  3. endCOSsoon Member

This reads to me like a cult deprogramming crew was hired to kidnap and reorient this girl. The Co$ would rightly point out that such methods are repulsive when practiced on anyone, including their own members.
  4. psyborgue Member

Edit: disregard. You rock, OP!
  5. Succubus Member

Yes, I know the lesbian girl thing was tricky, but I threw it in there to stir the pot.

If anyone IS/KNOWS someone who is Gay & An Ex-Sci who has something to say on the matter. I COULD REALLY USE IT!! We are lacking on recent first hand experience material!
  6. Re: Think Tank This: LGBT Fact Sheet

Did you get the video withthe man who is gay and also said travolta is gay but that's shunned upon?
  7. Succubus Member

Yes, I have both of those. I

don't want to use the link for the Travey outing, but I will be linking the other of the gentleman who spoke out... His name is at the end of my fingertips but I can't remember without digging out my sheet. lol